Dear Foles Haters...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It's like going to a horse racing track. I won't tell you who to bet on, but I'm not betting on the front runner anymore. I've seen him race so many times, that I don't believe in him anymore. He appears to have a fatal flaw, and I noticed it, since race one. Others noticed it, at Rams camp.

Obviously, it is not my decision, who runs, and who sits, but I'm not expecting anything, any longer. I also realize that he will probably remain our starter. It won't change my betting on the Rams.

jjab360

Legend
Is this the watershed moment of the forum where people criticizing Foles started being labeled "haters"? Do we really want to go down that road? If so, what are we going to call people who continue to make excuses for him? "Foles fellators" maybe? Or " Nickscuse makers." ???

How bout we just respect others' opinions without putting labels on them? Unless you want a label yourself of course.
Even if it is funny, seems uncalled for even to prove a point or as a joke.

And for what it's worth, I'd rather be the guy supporting my QB and hoping he gets better when there aren't any short term replacement options than the guy moaning and complaining without offering a solution.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My point is we are conservative but when we do open up the play book ie, the ayers that never was too Britt, Foles can't convert
So we should start the Case Keenum experiment now. Is that what your saying!?

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Football is a team game. Foles did not lose this game alone. Bridgewater did not win this game alone. This is not tennis. This is not golf.

Statistics don't win games, but they are used for comparison of individual accomplishments. Winning is the ultimate goal, but the better QBs do not always win and the worse do not always lose. Or is Trent Dilfer (1 Superbowl) a better QB than Dan Marino (0 Superbowls)?

Football is a team game? It's not tennis? It's not golf? No :poop:, eh?? Good grief...:rolleyes:

Statistics are not only used in comparison for individual accomplishments, but also for team accomplishments. Hence, the standings are based on won/loss records. :deadhorse:

Obviously you're overly compelled to defend Foles here. That's fine with me. Have at it. I'm not calling Foles out as the SOLE reason for the loss. I'm saying he had a bad game. He's had a few. I'm saying he needs to step up his game for this TEAM to be successful going forward. If the Rams win and Foles only throws for a buck-seventy, I couldn't care less about Foles' stats. But when the Rams lose a game because they can't move the ball offensively, then I look at what's behind that. Yesterday, the Rams had OL problems. The Rams had OC/coaching problems. The Rams had receiver problems. The Rams had QB problems. This particular thread is focused on the latter. I can't speak for anybody else here but I, for one, would like to see Foles play better as that might enhance the Rams' chances of winning games. Is that so wrong?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
So we should start the Case Keenum experiment now. Is that what your saying!?
He has NFL experience, experience with our offense, and some mobility. Remember, he was with us part of the year, last year. I don't think we will make the change, but why not? Isn't it the Nick Foles experiment, right now? How is that going?

jjab360

Legend
Football is a team game? It's not tennis? It's not golf? No :poop:, eh?? Good grief...:rolleyes:

Statistics are not only used in comparison for individual accomplishments, but also for team accomplishments. Hence, the standings are based on won/loss records. :deadhorse:

Obviously you're overly compelled to defend Foles here. That's fine with me. Have at it. I'm not calling Foles out as the SOLE reason for the loss. I'm saying he had a bad game. He's had a few. I'm saying he needs to step up his game for this TEAM to be successful going forward. If the Rams win and Foles only throws for a buck-seventy, I couldn't care less about Foles' stats. But when the Rams lose a game because they can't move the ball offensively, then I look at what's behind that. Yesterday, the Rams had OL problems. The Rams had OC/coaching problems. The Rams had receiver problems. The Rams had QB problems. This particular thread is focused on the latter. I can't speak for anybody else here but I, for one, would like to see Foles play better as that might enhance the Rams' chances of winning games. Is that so wrong?
I'm sure everyone wants Foles to play better.

Your assertion that Bridgewater played fine just because his team won is what I disagreed with. If anything, they won in spite of his play not because of it, just like I would've said about us if we had won. W-L record is not a QB stat.

MountainRam

Rookie
Seriously people, Nick Foles is the best QB in this division. Hands down. A bad OL and lack of talent at skill position (sorry guys Tavon is a utility/gadget player) is holding Foles back.

Irish

Starter
Seriously people, Nick Foles is the best QB in this division. Hands down. A bad OL and lack of talent at skill position (sorry guys Tavon is a utility/gadget player) is holding Foles back.
Carson Palmer would like a word

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I'm sure everyone wants Foles to play better.

Your assertion that Bridgewater played fine just because his team won is what I disagreed with. If anything, they won in spite of his play not because of it, just like I would've said about us if we had won. W-L record is not a QB stat.

I never said Bridgewater played fine.

T. Bridgewater - 13/21 (62% ) 144 yds 0 TD 1 INT WIN Those are some bad NFL numbers as well. But, I'd bet we'd all like to have the W instead of the L and that's what it comes down to on Sunday.

I don't think scapegoat is the correct word here. Foles had a very, very poor game. Bridgewater's wasn't great either but it was enough to beat the Rams' offense.

Bridgewater had a better game than Foles. That doesn't say his game was fine. Whatever man, you win! All hail Foles!! If Gurley would've only run for 250...c'mon Gurley, step it up!!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Bridgewater had a better game than Foles. That doesn't say his game was fine. Whatever man, you win! All hail Foles!! If Gurley would've only run for 250...c'mon Gurley, step it up!!

If only Gurley had converted that 2pointer we wouldn't have gone into OT.... now thats something to think about ;)

jjab360

Legend
In essence, this is what I disagree with:
. Bridgewater - 13/21 (62% ) 144 yds 0 TD 1 INT WIN Those are some bad NFL numbers as well. But, I'd bet we'd all like to have the W instead of the L and that's what it comes down to on Sunday.
It's the implication that Bridgewater is why the Vikes won and Foles is why we lost and that doesn't even scratch the surface of the truth.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
but he's far from the worst in the NFL. We have other issues to focus on anyway.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr ....#30 is how far from 32 again?
But we do have other issues....That I think could be corrected by replacing one player...

And who would you replace Foles with?
Mannion....We need to see if this kid is the answer....He did have a great season in college...2013...wasn't bad in 2012 either....I would like to see if he's a starter or backup quality player...If he's a backup player, it would effect my draft in 2016....

I'd sure rather, we take a look at what else we have.
Mannion...

but who could we possibly start that will be better? Keenum? Mannion?
Nothing to lose....

Mannion is a rookie and who knows what he will provide down the line.
That's why we need to look at him...if he can do the same as NF, with very few mistakes.....we can still win the same game Foles will/would...

His biggest problem is he doesn't progress through reads, if his first read isn't there its a wasted play.
#1 ability a QB needs...the ability to process information quickly...it starts pre-snap...what is he looking at? What is he looking for? Some of the plays he audibled into....like he audibled for audibles sake....not to effect the play..not to make a play more successful...the 2nd half was painful....Missing the opening play of the game?!?....reminded me of bubba's mom to forrest gump,

Now that I take a closer look, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
I actually think his main problem is he's so inaccurate....even if he continues to be late with throws..if he could put the ball on most of his passes, he'd have some success.

So we should start the Case Keenum Sean Mannion experiment now. Is that what your saying!?
Fixed it for ya Dave!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Far out ... in reference to the analogy of betting on Foles, I wonder where our odds were, and I wonder how many would have bet real money on the Rams over the Vikings. Not the Foles vs. the Bridgewaters vs. the Petersons vs. the Gurleys.

It was a tough victory, and a really hard loss. Man, I was so pissed, I had to get away to do something else and find my happy place. I was so pissed I couldn't even post in the vent thread. I just don't work like that. I needed my heavy bag. So please don't take it like I'm just happily accepting mediocrity from this team, this coach, this management, these players, because I'm not.

But there were so many little things that went wrong, I mean what in the world is up with illegal formations? Have we seen that penalty two games in a row now?!

And for all my frustration, I wasn't even annoyed with Foles. I was beside myself when I saw people scapegoating on the quarterback. This entire team was built around the notion that we expect to be playing our third string quarterback ... hand off, hand off, hand off, pitch, screen, screen, reverse, sweep, screen, tight end, and then the occasional long bomb to a wide receiver on play action fake. Just how freaking frustrating is it that when a passing play is called, no one can catch the ball consistently. I know it's an exaggeration, but we almost avoid relying on our quarterback's arm, just like the Vikings protecting their rookie quarterback.

But let's be honest. This game was so agonizing because the entire team, the coaches, defense, offense alike kept fighting right up to an overtime loss. We had a chance to avenge them for the beat down they gave us in the home opener last year, but in the end, the better team won.

These aren't excuses, these are facts. No one wants to hear it, but they were actually better than us. Not by much at all, just enough to squeak by in overtime with home field advantage. This is all I will say about this, because I'm still fuming and frustrated over the loss.