Celebration Thread: Ratboy and the Shitters choke again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Next best thing to a Rams win is a 9ers loss and the bigger the loss and the more it hurts the better. They should get the 9ers together in the film room and make them watch Travis Kelsey and Tayor Swift having celebration sex.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
For those Shanahan haters, he joined two exclusive clubs. 26 head coaches have gone to multiple Super Bowls and just 5 are winless. Bud Grant, Marv Levy, Dan Reeves, John Fox and Kyle Shanahan. 8 are under .500. Those 5 as well as Don Shula, Tom Landry and Mike Holmgren. There are some famous names in those 2 groups and though Shanahan is a famous name, it's not because of Kyle.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Yep…they did.
Well, the Natives here were enslaved here in The Mission System. Had to work the fields and such.
But tribes up here had a form of slavery amongst themselves. That is how you "paid" for a bride. If the family had status you had to go though a period of indentured service to them as payment for her.
A form of human trafficking also happened up here. When I was a young man I made a trip to Weitchpec on the reservation and ended up playing cards with some old Indian men.
My mom is 1/2 Yurok so I am 1/4.
After I asked the oldest guy about Bigfoot ( we were about 10 miles from where the Patterson video was taken, I made a trip to that spot also) they started talking about the old days. These men were raised the old way, in the 1920s-30s this area was still "wild".
They spoke about their forefathers going on "women raiding trips". Down the mountain ridges south where the old trading locations were and cutting west over to what is now Shelter Cove. Staying away from what is now Arcata-Eureka-Fortuna-Scotia,
And taking young girls back with them, stealing them.
It kept the gene pool more diverse. But women in the culture were considered property in a way.
But it is interesting the family name does not follow the males as in our culture. It followed the females.
Maybe it was some way to even thing out so to speak.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
There are some famous names in those 2 groups and though Shanahan is a famous name, it's not because of Kyle.
Oh My God Omg GIF by Paramount+

JYB

Starter
If Moody makes that PAT, the whiners are up 4. The chiefs made the tying FG on 2nd down with 6 seconds left and they still had a timeout.

Mahomes would have likely had two plays to score a TD from the 6 yard line. There was a good chance that KC wins in regulation if that happened. The missed PAT just gave the chiefs another option at that point.
If the Niners hadn't missed the extra point, Mahomes would've been far more aggressive in the final two minutes than he was and it would not have come down to 6 seconds.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@gogoat1 fascinating story, I like to hear about the history and thanks for shedding light on it. There’s also plenty of articles on slavery throughout the gold rush era and building railroad tracks.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Every time I re-watch some of the Super Bowl, the lack of a consistent effort from Chase Young just jumps off the screen to me. Maybe I am not being fair. Need to re-watch the entire game, and just fast-forward to focus on him but ... Damn! ... Chase Young seems to take a lot of plays off.

Right now, I hope the Rams do not even think about pursuing him in free agency. Regardless of price/cost.

Last edited:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Every time I re-watch some of the Super Bowl, the lack of a consistent effort from Chase Young just jumps off the screen to me. Maybe I am not being fair. Need to re-watch the entire game, and just fast-forward to focus on him but ... Damn! ... Chase Young seems to take a lot of plays off.

Right now, I hope the Rams do not even think about pursuing him in free agency. Regardless of price/cost.
Let me know what you come up with I am super curious. They were reporting that he and Bosa were giving KC fits through the first 2+ quarters but we all know how trustworthy Romo & CO are.

I have been been a big fan of Chase in the past but have soured a bit. His injuries aren't my concern nor is his tremendous athleticism but effort and drive may be a concern.

If so it is a shame because I really think he has size natural ability and athleticism to be top 3

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Let me know what you come up with I am super curious. They were reporting that he and Bosa were giving KC fits through the first 2+ quarters but we all know how trustworthy Romo & CO are.

I have been been a big fan of Chase in the past but have soured a bit. His injuries aren't my concern nor is his tremendous athleticism but effort and drive may be a concern.

If so it is a shame because I really think he has size natural ability and athleticism to be top 3
Yeah, I thought he was going to be a DE in the mold of what Donald is at DT. Just an explosive freak that would be in the backfield all day. Never came to that obviously.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

But on the flip side the Rams are the rehab facility of the NFL. Then can take supposed problem child's like OBJ or Jalen Ramsey and not miss a beat. Or take perceived never was players like Leonard Floyd or Dante Fowler into someone. Who knows.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
But on the flip side the Rams are the rehab facility of the NFL. Then can take supposed problem child's like OBJ or Jalen Ramsey and not miss a beat. Or take perceived never was players like Leonard Floyd or Dante Fowler into someone. Who knows.
Good Point ... kind of a modern-day Al Davis' Oakland Raiders.

Still ... Effort was not the primary concern for the four veterans you mentioned. Although Ramsey dogged-it to get out of Jacksonville. And, Young Will get paid

I'm seeing a guy not playing hard ... in Huge games ... for a team know for rotating DL to keep them fresh.

Maybe I am being too critical.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Deebo is just not a great WR in the traditional sense. He does not have great agility, can't cut routes worth a shit, and is slow. Now he's a son of a bitch to tackle that much is certain but his whole career is based off of YAC. Which is still worth it to an extent but he isn't a great WR who should be getting paid the 7th best WR money. He's made bank on having great players around him distracting defenses so he can get the ball around line of scrimmage and run through arm tackles.

Career YAC % of total receiving yards.
Deebo Samuel = 65%
Cooper Kupp = 47%
Tyreek Hill = 35%
Davante Adams = 37%
His style of play can accelerate wear and tear on the body

It jumps right out at you l, doesn’t it? That’s why Washington gave him away. Teams didn’t think he was worth much.
There is a limit. Some players are great but poorly utilized. Young just seems lazy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Good Point ... kind of a modern-day Al Davis' Oakland Raiders.

Still ... Effort was not the primary concern for the four veterans you mentioned. Although Ramsey dogged-it to get out of Jacksonville. And, Young Will get paid

I'm seeing a guy not playing hard ... in Huge games ... for a team know for rotating DL to keep them fresh.

Maybe I am being too critical.
In a contract year none the less. He should be balling out.