Celebration Thread: Ratboy and the Shitters choke again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Great video. Really shows how badly RatBoy got schooled. And while the narrator said he didn't like the narrative that Shanny chokes, he pretty much spent the whole video making a solid case that he did. Shanny absolutely failed to adjust.

Contrast with McVay who lost his first Super Bowl, but made plenty of adjustments (and under a lot of duress due to injuries) in his second one and got the ring. I think back to when we were going through the hiring process and we missed an interview with RatBoy because of a blizzard. Man, does that look like serendipity now or what?

Also, it really showed how mediocre Deebo is as a WR. In some ways, he's just a big, physical version of Tavon Austin. Dangerous when you get the ball in his hands, but terrible at route running and not that difficult to cover. He was blanketed on most of his routes. And 3 of 11 targets in the big game ... talk about underwhelming.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Great video. Really shows how badly RatBoy got schooled. And while the narrator said he didn't like the narrative that Shanny chokes, he pretty much spent the whole video making a solid case that he did. Shanny absolutely failed to adjust.

Contrast with McVay who lost his first Super Bowl, but made plenty of adjustments (and under a lot of duress due to injuries) in his second one and got the ring. I think back to when we were going through the hiring process and we missed an interview with RatBoy because of a blizzard. Man, does that look like serendipity now or what?

Also, it really showed how mediocre Deebo is as a WR. In some ways, he's just a big, physical version of Tavon Austin. Dangerous when you get the ball in his hands, but terrible at route running and not that difficult to cover. He was blanketed on most of his routes. And 3 of 11 targets in the big game ... talk about underwhelming.
Yep I was chuckling evilly while watching it. Ahhh. I do think it also demonstrates Spags' quality as a DC. I am sure there were a lot of layers to that schooling, and defenses often have the edge in the biggest games, but yeah the bottom line is he lost and his record in those biggest games includes a tendency to come up short.

My take on Shanny is that he's remarkable for getting there with that QB. Sooner he's out of SF the better IMO. I am hoping things sour for him and SF over the offseason and maybe they have a SB hangover this year and he gets fired. It is time for them to hire some shitter head coaches and endure a string of bad seasons. I don't want to see them threatening to win it all every year, had enough of that and we almost had to endure them getting it done this year. Shit was close. Fingers crossed on that one. :laugh3:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
OBJ and Ramsey all clearly cared a lot about winning and gave it their all every play. That made them passionate and caused them to be perceived assholes on previous teams. Floyd and Fowler were just on bad teams before coming here so couldn't get stats like they could next to AD. Young is lazy and just doesn't seem to really care that much... I wouldn't pay him $1 to be on my team.

They were also perceived to be distractions and "me" players.

Remember the brinks truck?

Or the boat party?

They come here and they are golden childs.

Point is this ory has taken villains of the league and made them productive. Idk if Chase Young would follow suit but track record says its worth a shot.

dang

Legend
Not a bad thought to be stranded with Ginger and Mary Ann.
Mmmmm….MaryAnn and Marsha Brady sandwich pleasei in

My ADD kicked in so I only watched the first half of the video but Dweebo being forced the ball (3-11) especially downfield when he’s not really that type of receiver was a clear miss by Ratboy. Aiyuk is their true receiver. Rams need to learn how to keep Dweebo covered on the short stuff and force him to be more of a downfield receiver. Once he gets the ball he is still a weapon.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Over a five-year-period, from 2019-2023, the San Francisco 49ers had four extremely strong seasons.

All but 2020. In the other four years, they won a combined 48 Regular Season games ... 12-per-season.
They made it to the NFC Championship Game each of those years; and had another 8 victories in the Playoffs ... that's 14 wins-per-year!!!

That's a ton of fucking winning!
Practically identical to the Rams 2017-2021 run.
Rams 55-26, 7-3 playoffs
Niners 54-29, 8-4 playoffs

Bad luck for them that their 2019-2023 peak just happened to coincide with the Chiefs, the one team that does it better than everyone the last five years.

Chiefs 63-20, 14-2 playoffs

The Chiefs were that close to playing in five straight Super Bowls. Just blowing an 18 point lead against the Bengals interrupted that. How fortunate were the Rams to be the only NFC team in the last five years not to face Mahomes in the Super Bowl.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Practically identical to the Rams 2017-2021 run.
Rams 55-26, 7-3 playoffs
Niners 54-29, 8-4 playoffs

Bad luck for them that their 2019-2023 peak just happened to coincide with the Chiefs, the one team that does it better than everyone the last five years.

Chiefs 63-20, 14-2 playoffs

The Chiefs were that close to playing in five straight Super Bowls. Just blowing an 18 point lead against the Bengals interrupted that. How fortunate were the Rams to be the only NFC team in the last five years not to face Mahomes in the Super Bowl.
Completely agree. Both teams had outstanding five-year-runs of winning.

Huge difference is that the Rams were close to a Lombardi 2 times; and got 1.

49ers were close 4 times; and got 0.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I’m in Manteca (hour east of the Bay Area) this evening and some whiners fans are still in gear surprisingly. Acting like they got something to celebrate. #pathetic.gif
I'm in Merced. After weeks of cars driving around with 49er flags they mysteriously disappeared this past week. Haven't seen anyone wearing 49er gear too.

Gotta hand it to Raiders fans. Their team sucks but they proudly fly their flags and wear their gear all year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Point is this ory has taken villains of the league and made them productive. Idk if Chase Young would follow suit but track record says its worth a shot.
OBJ and Ramsey actually demonstrated they were badasses on the field. Chase Young is a fantasy that is dangerous due to hubris, or that desire to be right about one's original evaluation.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

But it would be such an expensive ‘shot’ in cap space.

Somebody will pay the guy; and, if he didn’t give maximum effort on the biggest stage (NFL Playoffs), with a free agent contract on-the-line, just can’t imagine max effort once he is paid.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I'm in Merced. After weeks of cars driving around with 49er flags they mysteriously disappeared this past week. Haven't seen anyone wearing 49er gear too.

Gotta hand it to Raiders fans. Their team sucks but they proudly fly their flags and wear their gear all year.
The flags have disappeared in Stockton as well. They were everywhere up until Monday. I haven't seen any since Super Bowl Sunday morning.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Last time I checked, 3 points has never gave anyone a Lombardi. Thanks gOFF.
OK, I even agree but that has nothing to do with my Point.

The score was tied to start the fourth-quarter of that game. That is a "close" game. Close is the word I used.

The Point of my original post was simply the following:
1. Both the Rams and 49ers enjoyed a five-year stretch with a ton of winning.

2. The Rams were "close to a Lombardi" 2X; and won one time.

3. The 49ers were close 4X ... came-up short all four times ... that's Brutal ... and enjoyable for Rams' fans.

Now, I have a New Point!
Bringing-up and making a negative Goff comment on the 19th page of a thread celebrating another brutal 49ers playoff disappointment, is just ... Odd.

Tano

Legend
OK, I even agree but that has nothing to do with my Point.

The score was tied to start the fourth-quarter of that game. That is a "close" game. Close is the word I used.

The Point of my original post was simply the following:
1. Both the Rams and 49ers enjoyed a five-year stretch with a ton of winning.

2. The Rams were "close to a Lombardi" 2X; and won one time.

3. The 49ers were close 4X ... came-up short all four times ... that's Brutal ... and enjoyable for Rams' fans.

Now, I have a New Point!
Bringing-up and making a negative Goff comment on the 19th page of a thread celebrating another brutal 49ers playoff disappointment, is just ... Odd.
And if just one of those two "catchable" throws were caught, we would be talking differently here.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Well ... OK ... maybe I'm Not a Bad Person for enjoying 49er misery ... Thank You

But ... there could be other factors in-play here. I mean, you don't know me. I got some issues.
I agree you have some issues but it's ok. I'm tingly and that's the least of my issues hahaha

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

That's why Whiner fans are a fuckin joke. I rock my Rams gear regardless of what's going on because that my team no matter what.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
And if just one of those two "catchable" throws were caught, we would be talking differently here.
OK, I guess.

Still, all I am saying is that ... As Rams' Fans, I think we should be Grateful and Happy.

49ers' fans ... angry, sad, miserable ... AND, personally, THAT just adds to my Happiness!

PARAM

Hall of Fame

Maybe I'm way off but I always viewed niner fans as tag alongs. You know, all those Superbowls makes it "cool" to be a niner fan. And tag along fans only bring those jerseys out of the closet when the team is relevant. Despite all the regular seasons wins, losing 2 CCGs and 2 Superbowls in the last 5 years makes them losers. Irrevelant to use a familiar term. For at least the next 6 or 7 months. Probably longer.