Celebration Thread: Ratboy and the Shitters choke again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Yeah you can tell he's a good kid. Bit limited, which is the issue, and brings risk that they'll continue to squander their window. But he's definitely an upgrade over Garoppolo and almost got it done. And he's a leader, which starts with accountability.

I hate to see classy shitter players tbh. But he's got some to him.
I got nothing against Purdy, Armstead and McCarthy. 3 players that play the game right. F every single other 69er player.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't even play fantasy football.

They don't make any medication for that type of manic depression.
I can't play fantasy football either! It's nice to know there's someone else out there who relates (and is a great guy).

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I can't play fantasy football either! It's nice to know there's someone else out there who relates (and is a great guy).

I have never played fantasy football and I never will. People have even tried to pay me to play, but I have never considered changing my mind.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I have never played fantasy football and I never will. People have even tried to pay me to play, but I have never considered changing my mind.

I have and I think you are making the right decision. FF forces you to pick and root for players and teams you hate. Nothing worse than having to pull for a POS like Deebo Samuel to have a good day so your FF team wins its game.

I'll certainly never do it again.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Whats gonna be interesting is after next season Purdy will be eligible for an extension. He will have the benefit of an offense littered with all pros. They should be among the top teams again.

So whats gonna happen when the key guys are getting older the following year? And they don't have the cap money to fill losses because they gave Purdy premium quarterback money based on his success with all pro playmakers?

I have a feeling he's very much like Garoppolo. In that system with those playmakers he looks great. When those playmakers are not there I suspect their fans will be thinking what a mistake they made paying him.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The thinking from Dan Orlovsky is that you never give a hot Mahomes 4 downs with which to work. If the Niners kick off to the Chiefs, they probably play more conservatively (Chiefs), settling for a FG and trusting their defense to make a stop. The Niners had the advantage in this case as to knowing how much they need to win. As it was, being down 3 points, the Chiefs were in the driver's seat. Patrick Mahomes was not going to be stopped by 4th down situations until they at least tied it, but then Reid/Mahomes would be going for the kill, unlike Shanny.

Ah, that’s a good point.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well.......the trip debrief.......

Almost the entire 175 passengers (compactly) were Whiner fans. I greeted them on and off the airplane. Honestly, they were in a really melancholy state. Silent both on and off the airplane. Maybe shock. I asked our very close family friend who just by chance was one of the Flight attendants, and a full on Rams fan what her thoughts were, She said they did not expect this outcome. I saw way more Chiefs gear in Vegas than Whiner at the airport. Which may be understandable. I made sure we stocked extra tissues on the plane just in case. (Joke)

I have made many trips with Whiner fans as a passenger and this was just weird. Did not expect this.

Now on to the fun stuff. I was up in the cockpit and my sister from a different mister (Rams fan) came up while I was diligently doing my preparations and said "Captain, we have something for you in the back".

Now this usually means some issue with a seat or some other issue I need to address with the continuity of the cabin and I turn around and was handed this.........

View attachment 64461
Nothing like a comfort puppy. We both agreed we needed about fifty for these for the Whiner fans on this flight. Damn cute little surprise.

Thanks for sharing this with me and as always....

GO RAMS!!!
You are such an absolute treasure. Love this read so much, I came back to read it again.
Cheers man, you bring so much to message boards, I'll follow you every where!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I have and I think you are making the right decision. FF forces you to pick and root for players and teams you hate. Nothing worse than having to pull for a POS like Deebo Samuel to have a good day so your FF team wins its game.

I'll certainly never do it again.

This is THE main reason I don't have any interest in playing.

dang

Legend
The one thing it does is distract from any year that the Rams are struggling. Much needed in 2022.

dang

Legend
So inquiring minds want to know:
what % of shitter fans are good with keeping Ratboy and what % are calling for his head?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
One day after Shanahan said he did not expect any changes to his coaching staff, he fired Steve Wilks.

Not a Good Look ... Again.

He also lost Klint Kubiak and Anthony Lynn to New Orleans and Washington.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nothing wrong with firing the DC given the way that defense showed in the playoffs. Accountability is a good thing. I do wish they had kept Wilks around though, so from that perspective it's a shame.

Psycho_X

Legend

Deebo is just not a great WR in the traditional sense. He does not have great agility, can't cut routes worth a shit, and is slow. Now he's a son of a bitch to tackle that much is certain but his whole career is based off of YAC. Which is still worth it to an extent but he isn't a great WR who should be getting paid the 7th best WR money. He's made bank on having great players around him distracting defenses so he can get the ball around line of scrimmage and run through arm tackles.

Career YAC % of total receiving yards.
Deebo Samuel = 65%
Cooper Kupp = 47%
Tyreek Hill = 35%
Davante Adams = 37%

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Deebo is just not a great WR in the traditional sense. He does not have great agility, can't cut routes worth a shit, and is slow. Now he's a son of a bitch to tackle that much is certain but his whole career is based off of YAC. Which is still worth it to an extent but he isn't a great WR who should be getting paid the 7th best WR money. He's made bank on having great players around him distracting defenses so he can get the ball around line of scrimmage and run through arm tackles.

Career YAC % of total receiving yards.
Deebo Samuel = 65%
Cooper Kupp = 47%
Tyreek Hill = 35%
Davante Adams = 37%
Agreed. He's an underneath weapon. Man up a good corner on him and he's gonna be shut down often, which is why Shanahan used him so heavily the way he did. This is why I had to laugh when he was bitching about being used as a RB. I mean it's your skills that dictate how you should be used Deeblow, you dumbass.

I definitely respect his game but yeah there's some weaknesses in there too.