Cards LBer Daryl Washington suspended for entire 2014 season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Is this an example where the Tards are wanting & striving to become like the 9ers?

moklerman

Warner-phile
I'm sorry, but you show me a man who feels compelled to hit a woman for nothing other than words, I'll show you someone who isn't really a man.
What if it was a guy spewing all that garbage? Is it okay to pop him?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
What if it was a guy spewing all that garbage? Is it okay to pop him?
I try not to respond to words with physical violence at all, but yes. It would be far, FAR more inappropriate to hit a girl than a guy. Unless one is a girl themselves of course.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I try not to respond to words with physical violence at all, but yes. It would be far, FAR more inappropriate to hit a girl than a guy. Unless one is a girl themselves of course.
Doesn't that fall into the category of sexism? If one's actions warrant getting punched in the face, why does it matter if those actions are performed by a male or female?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Doesn't that fall into the category of sexism? If one's actions warrant getting punched in the face, why does it matter if those actions are performed by a male or female?
You could say it's technically sexist, but I honestly do not care. And if you're honestly asserting you're valuing women as equals by asserting a right to hit them, that's not going to win you many feminism points.

There is NO reason ever that a man should commit physical violence against a woman. The only thing that comes close to an exception, as Mojo posted, is if the woman has a gun on him, and even then, he should only be trying to disarm her.

Maybe it's just the way I was raised... but I would say that's the right TO be raised.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I've known some women that deserved a good stiff punch in the face. I never punched them, but I wanted to. I am sure that if they continued acting the same way that some guy down the line probably had enough and knocked them the fuck out. And honestly, I wouldn't feel bad if I heard it happened.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
You could say it's technically sexist, but I honestly do not care. And if you're honestly asserting you're valuing women as equals by asserting a right to hit them, that's not going to win you many feminism points.

There is NO reason ever that a man should commit physical violence against a woman. The only thing that comes close to an exception, as Mojo posted, is if the woman has a gun on him, and even then, he should only be trying to disarm her.

Maybe it's just the way I was raised... but I would say that's the right TO be raised.
If a woman has a gun pointed at me with intent to kill, i wil knock her out any chance i get. Thats your life. You wouldnt knock a woman out who was about to kill you because shes a woman, fuck that.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I agree that there are some crazy girls out there like that, but as a man you HAVE to take the high road. I have a friend who had a psycho red-head girlfriend (SMOKING hot btw), and he ended up having to move out of state to avoid choking her out. She was absolutely nuts, she left him with just two choices, so he got outta Dodge.
The girl could be a serial killing, truck-stop whore who burned your house down, but the minute you touch her YOU are the bad guy, so don't.
Pathetic an sad but true. Just have to laugh and walk away, and blame yourself for letting your hormones get you into that situation in the first place.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Apparently Washington pushed his ex-girl friend and she fell, breaking her collarbone. I also hear Washington has a thing for Mary Jane.

I heard a bit more than this. He grabbed her throat and slammed her to the floor. I didn't know she broke her collar bone.

I was wrong about the second offense for weed. It's the assault charge combined with the weed charge.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
John Elway’s son arrested for assault
Posted by Mike Florio on June 1, 2014

elways.jpg
AP

John “Jack” Elway III, the son of Broncos executive V.P. of football operations and G.M. John Elway, has been arrested in Denver on charges of assault and disturbing the peace, per multiple reports.

According to CBS 4, the 24-year-old Jack Elway allegedly pushed a 23-year-old woman out of a moving car. She reportedly had no visible injuries.

Jack Elway was jailed and released on $550 bail. He is due to appear in court on June 5; the incident occurred on Friday.

Lawyer Harvey Steinberg declined a request for comment from CBS 4.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
$550? Why bother? And no visible injuries? Makes you wonder how fast the car was moving. Still - What is with these punks?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
If a woman has a gun pointed at me with intent to kill, i wil knock her out any chance i get. Thats your life. You wouldnt knock a woman out who was about to kill you because shes a woman, freak that.
I'm saying the goal would be to disarm. If you have to inflict minor harm in that situation to save your own life though, very few people would disagree with that.

But outside of such a relatively rare situation, I remain firm that there's no circumstances in which it's okay for a man to hit a woman.

But, this is kind of off topic for the Rams Discussion folder.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm saying the goal would be to disarm. If you have to inflict minor harm in that situation to save your own life though, very few people would disagree with that.

But outside of such a relatively rare situation, I remain firm that there's no circumstances in which it's okay for a man to hit a woman.

But, this is kind of off topic for the Rams Discussion folder.

Yea, far off topic. Enough has been said on it already so we might as well move on and get back to football.

Stupid offseason, so boring!!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
LB Ernie Sims, Arizona Cardinals strike one-year deal

The NFL's itinerant linebacker is unpacking his bags in Arizona.
In the wake of Daryl Washington's season-long suspension, the Cardinals announced the signing of eight-year veteran Ernie Sims to a one-year contract on Tuesday.

The Lions' No. 9 overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, Sims has bounced around the league as an insurance policy with theEagles, Colts and Cowboys over the past four seasons. Speedy but undersized and lacking playmaking ability, Sims has been a below-average starter in run support, pass rush and coverage skills
At this stage of his career, Sims is purely an injury fill-in to be used in emergency situations. His signing speaks to theCardinals' desperation after losing Washington and failing to re-sign leading tackler Karlos Dansby.

With 2013 second-round pick Kevin Minter already making all of the defensive play calls in practice, Sims will likely push 34-year-old former Steelers linebacker Larry Foote for snaps on the inside.

The linebacker corps has gone from the integral asset in the NFL's No. 1 run defense last season to perhaps its biggest weakness in the upcoming season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ie-sims-arizona-cardinals-strike-oneyear-deal