Cards LBer Daryl Washington suspended for entire 2014 season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Apparently Washington pushed his ex-girl friend and she fell, breaking her collarbone. I also hear Washington has a thing for Mary Jane.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Apparently Washington pushed his ex-girl friend and she fell, breaking her collarbone. I also hear Washington has a thing for Mary Jane.
I just read that his year long suspension is for weed...not the domestic abuse.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Correct the suspension isn't for the domestic violence charge.

This guy doesn't seem very bright.

jjab360

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Except of course you use indefinite and definite terms simultaneously,so I'd say the "confusion" is completely warranted.
I've heard of the grammar police and the spelling police, but I have to say the sentence structure police is a new one for me. :cautious:

jjab360

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Players usually find out about drug related suspensions a long time before the media does, so I wonder why he went public saying he was worried about the suspension he would get from the assault charge. :confused:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry but if he's that big and he plead guilty, I'm going to have a hard time buying that he was defending himself or in any way in the right. Of course we are not privy to the facts. The thing we ARE privy to is that he plays for a division rival and that alone means he doesn't get the benefit of what little doubt there MIGHT be.

Next.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I've heard of the grammar police and the spelling police, but I have to say the sentence structure police is a new one for me. :cautious:
Scuse me but doesn't grammar play into sentence structure? :rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO: :fighting: :D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just messin' with yuh Jjab - in case you couldn't tell.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I come from a Family of 5 boys and 3 girls and my Father raised us to be Gentlemen at all times, were women are concerned, and Never Ever hit a women! He used to say " If a women pushes you to the point were you want to hit her, Dump her, walk away, she's not worth the time of day!! I have lived by that advise.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I have two sisters and my Dad was the same way. I HAVE slapped a chick when I was younger because she was slapping me in the face for no reason except that she felt I couldn't return the favor. It was really light though (more like a flick to get her off me) and worked like a charm as she stopped pulling that shit on everyone else. Actually hitting with intent or choking goes WAY over the top though. Keep in mind that this was in the middle of math class in junior high. Haven't raised my hand to a girl since - 'cept of course to smack my wife on the ass but we don't need to go there. :sneaky:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Just tryin to help you out as to why you were misunderstood dude, no need to call names.

moklerman

Warner-phile
What a topical occurrence. Just drove home and this woman cut me off in traffic. I gave her a toot of the horn but didn't really care too much. So she stops right in the middle of traffic. I try to go around and she cuts over and cuts me off again. Traffic keeps her from doing too many of these maneuvers and I get in a separate lane. When traffic dictates that we're alongside each other, she's flipping me off and miming that she's going to shoot me. Man, what I wouldn't give for an "erase from existence" button.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
What a topical occurrence. Just drove home and this woman cut me off in traffic. I gave her a toot of the horn but didn't really care too much. So she stops right in the middle of traffic. I try to go around and she cuts over and cuts me off again. Traffic keeps her from doing too many of these maneuvers and I get in a separate lane. When traffic dictates that we're alongside each other, she's flipping me off and miming that she's going to shoot me. Man, what I wouldn't give for an "erase from existence" button.
Yeah everyone has the right to be free from attack,not just women,situation should dictate not mantras, if that big woman who throws the table in that gif corners me ,IMA knock her out before she can get her hands on me.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
But wait there's more...
--------------------------
Cardinals picked up a $10 million option bonus on Washington
Posted by Mike Florio on May 30, 2014

350x-304.jpg
Getty Images

The one-year-minimum suspension for Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washingtonmeans that previously he had been in Stage 3 of the substance-abuse program. Which means that he was subject to up to 10 drug tests per months. Which means that he was one failed test away from a minimum one-year absence.

Which means the Cardinals knew. Which means their decision to trigger a $10 million option bonus earlier this year was confusing, to say the least.

The good news for the Cardinals is that have paid only $5 million of the money so far. The better news is that they can keep $2.5 million of that money with Washington gone for 2014.

The good news for Washington is that he can earn back the $2.5 million at the back end of his contract, since the entire deal by rule tolls for a year. Which means that he’s now signed through 2018 instead of 2017.

If he’s never reinstated, the Cardinals can keep the $5 million they haven’t paid and, in theory, try to get $5 million back. But if it ever comes to that, it will mean that the Cardinals will have never gotten Washington him back.

Either way, Washington has 10 million reasons to keep his nose (and urine) clean for the next year, so that he can get back to the league and start earning money he already has been paid — and will start losing at a rate of $2.5 million per year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah everyone has the right to be free from attack,not just women,situation should dictate not mantras, if that big woman who throws the table in that gif corners me ,IMA knock her out before she can get her hands on me.

That's too funny. While reading all of these posts about not ever hitting a woman, images of that Table throwing Bitch kept popping up in my mind too. Scary thing is, she looks like she could take a punch and just laugh it off.