Cards LBer Daryl Washington suspended for entire 2014 season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I agree that there are some crazy girls out there like that, but as a man you HAVE to take the high road. I have a friend who had a psycho red-head girlfriend (SMOKING hot btw), and he ended up having to move out of state to avoid choking her out. She was absolutely nuts, she left him with just two choices, so he got outta Dodge.
The girl could be a serial killing, truck-stop whore who burned your house down, but the minute you touch her YOU are the bad guy, so don't.
Don't worry, it wasn't a plan I was concocting. :) There's just too much planned litigation and entrapment by women for me to think that every one of these stories are ever as simple as the guy being evil. Equal rights seem to have some curious exceptions.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This would be a scenario where it's ok to strike a woman.
giphy.gif

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This guy may not play again for a long, long time.
In a blow to what was one of the best defenses in the league last season, the NFL has suspended linebacker Daryl Washington for at least a year, it was announced Friday.

The suspension is for a violation of the league’s substance abuse policy, the same reason Washington was suspended last year, and unrelated to Washington’s recent plea bargain for an assault charge. The suspension begins immediately.

“It’s completely unacceptable that Daryl has once again put us in this position," Cardinals general manager Steve Keim said. "We all know what the consequences are and will deal with them. From a personal standpoint, our hope is that this suspension will give Daryl the opportunity to accept the necessary help and guidance to get his life back on track and we will certainly support him however we can.

“As it pertains to our team, our approach is the same as it’s always been: next man up. We talk a lot about how critical depth is to a team because situations always arise where you lose players, whether by injury or other circumstances such as this one. One player’s absence is another’s opportunity. That approach has served us well in the past and we will rely on it now.”

Washington missed the first four games of the 2013 season also after violating the substance

abuse policy. He returned to help anchor what became the sixth-ranked defense in the NFL, and the top rushing defense.

In 12 games in 2013, Washington had 81 tackles, three sacks and two interceptions.

With his absence, the Cardinals are now without the two inside linebackers who played the vast majority of the time in 2013. Karlos Dansby signed with Cleveland as a free agent back in March. The Cardinals all along planned to have second-year man Kevin Minterreplace Dansby. Veteran Larry Footefigures to step into Washington’s role, although the Cardinals also like former undrafted rookie Kenny Demens and have shifted Lorenzo Alexander inside.

Coach Bruce Arians said Tuesday he was hoping the Cardinals would be able to add a veteran inside linebacker at some point. Washington's absence would seemingly now make that a priority. The Cardinals did bring free agent Ernie Sims, a 2006 draftee of Detroit who played last year with Dallas, in for a visit.

Just last week, Washington said he was a little nervous waiting for word from the NFL about possible punishment for his court case.

“I can’t really worry about it because it’s something that’s going to happen,” Washington said of a potential suspension. “I can’t say I hope nothing happens. Something is going to happen and I am a little worried. But I am just ready for a decision to know where I stand. It’s a waiting process right now.”
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...For-Year/41f47a60-0a71-44df-9e9d-87bd39b36aad

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've hit a woman before, and in the same circumstances would do it again.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Dansby & Washington > Buchanan & Cromartie. Despite the upgrades in the secondary, the AZ defense has gotten weaker this offseason due to the losses in their LB corps. A case can be made for Dansby and Washington being their 2 most valuable defenders behind PP.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Not necessarily. Sometimes it's very difficult to prove innocence especially in cases of domestic violence. Often times a reduced penalty is accepted, or a dispute is settled out of court to prevent further exposure.

Not saying this is one of those cases, but they do exist.
:stop:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Oh they'll be okay without Dansby and Washington. They drafted a couple young LB's in this years dra....oh wait. No they didn't.
Oops. :whistle:

jjab360

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Does anyone know why we're not allowed to edit our posts after a certain period of time? I wanted to edit the OP to include the update about Washington's suspension, but apparently that's not possible.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Daryl Washington is one of the most valuable, underrated defensive players in the entire NFL. That's why his loss will be so disappointing for the Arizona Cardinals defense.

The NFL announced Friday that Washington has been suspended for at least one year for violating the league's Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

Washington also was suspended four games last season for violating the league's substance abuse policy. In addition to his football-related issues, Washington was sentenced in April by an Arizona judge to one year probation for assaulting a former girlfriend.

The linebacker is not a household name, but his rightful place on NFL Network's Top 100 Playersseries in back-to-back seasons shows the respect he has earned around the league. Few inside linebackers can match his playmaking ability in pass coverage and as a pass rusher.

The Cardinals allowed Karlos Dansby to leave via free agency this offseason, with the expectation that 2013 second-round pick Kevin Minter could replace Dansby on the inside next to Washington. Now, the Cardinals will be looking for another replacement.

Following the announcement, Cardinals GM Steve Keim released the following statement.

"It's completely unacceptable that Daryl has once again put us in this position. We all know what the consequences are and will deal with them. From a personal standpoint, our hope is that this suspension will give Daryl the opportunity to accept the necessary help and guidance to get his life back on track and we will certainly support him however we can.

"As it pertains to our team, our approach is the same as it's always been: next man up. We talk a lot about how critical depth is to a team because situations always arise where you lose players, whether by injury or other circumstances such as this one. One player's absence is another's opportunity. That approach has served us well in the past and we will rely on it now."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000354739/article/cardinals-daryl-washington-suspended-for-2014

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
So since he was suspended for substance abuse again for this whole season, does that mean once that suspension is done he we will get suspended again next year fir part if the season for the court case he just pled guilty to?

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
lol can't say I'm not unhappy with this verdict! Hope our division continues to fall apart at the seams.... time for a new watch in the NFCW

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I mean, did he really have you choke the woman out? I mean, seriously? Just shove her away or something, but choking her? That seems above and beyond and bringing it down to a level it didn't need to go. That's why he's at fault, regardless of gender, choking is a big no-no. I mean I'm sure Latrell Sprewell was also sufficiently incensed by Carlesimo, but he still wasn't given a pass for trying to choke him.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Is this news to you or something? It's a common outcome in today's litigious society.
No, it's just not important enough to have a lengthy discussion about. Pointing out that offenses get reduced based on deals is common knowledge, thanks for the in depth description of such. :jerkoff:

Besides that...plea deal or not it doesn't change the original notion that if something is agreed upon it is no longer "supposedly" or "allegedly".

We good now? :cheers:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I was talking about there supposedly being a suspension (hadn't heard it anywhere else yet at that point), not whether or not he was guilty. Nice try, though. ;)
Except of course you use indefinite and definite terms simultaneously,so I'd say the "confusion" is completely warranted.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So it looks like the Cards LB's as it stands today are:
John Abraham(36 yrs old)
Kevin Minter(2nd yr guy with little experience)
Matt Shaughnessy
who am i missing??? Larry Foote? He's 34 yrs old.

They're still strong on the line w/Campbell,Williams and Dockett but unless they find some help they're gonna get smashed by the rest of the NFCW running backs and TE's.

Last edited: