Can't be good-Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I don't know if it's been written about yet or not, but Fisher is supposed to make an announcement around 6 or 6:30 eastern time today. FWIW, I'd opine that the difference between Hill and Bradford is probably 2 win's a season. As for Hill, he hasn't played in a regular season game in over 2 years. He's a darn good back-up, but he's also 34. At this point, 16 games seems like a tough road if Bradford can't come back.

RamsFan14

Starter
B*ll*cks! And big hairy ones at that.

Who does Schefter think he is? Does he think he's God or something? Was he the surgeon doing the testing on Sam?

His use ow words is very noncommittal - 'real concern' he doesn't say by whom, he could be talking about the Gas station owner who's a Ram fan - "Could be" could also be "isn't".

To me the tweet simply reads as - "I've no idea whats happening, but I'm going to try and create some sensationalism and get my name about the World Wide Web, because you know what, that makes me feel good, real good, it compensates for me having a small d*ck..."

(and yes I have created a new word for Journalism that is purely out to sensationalise)

Sam wouldn't have been able to walk if he'd torn his ACL - Schefter is a plonker.

Saying Sam wouldn't be able to walk if he had torn his ACL is a COMPLETELY false statement. You can walk if you've torn your ACL, look at Tom Brady when he tore his. He walked off to the locker room and we all know what happened to him in the end.

A55VA6

Legend
This sucks. I think the fact they are having a press conference at 5:30 says the news isn't good.
There is always a day after presser, so this is indeed normal. Only difference is the presser is usually around 3:30, not 5:30 so they're probably making sure they'll have all the information.

Let's hope for the best... If it's torn again, you have to think it's a real chance his career is over as a Ram simply because the QB position is so important and this will be almost 3 seasons where he's missed way too many games.

And I'm sorry but I started laughing at that comment under Schefter's post. "My wife left me" WTF. lmao.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm up for the Sanchez trade. That would be the best move if Bradford is out. He could step right in

TexRamFan

Rookie
I am starting to wonder if Sam had a ton of swelling over night. Often times this is a sign of ligament damage and perhaps they were unable to get an MRI due to the swelling.

fancents86

Starter
Even if it's not torn, if he is out for any given period of time I still think it would be time to move on to another qb. I love Bradford as our qb, but we can't keep having this happen every year.

Athos

Legend
If Clayton has spoken up now, then I have real concerns.

Shefter's over the top sensationalism is ridiculous.

Tough breaks for Sam though if there is anything structurally wrong. He seemed super pumped about playing this year.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll get behind Sanchez if he is down. I don't want Hill running things. I'm hoping it's just fisher leaking bull shit just to fuck with the media.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I don't think we know anything yet...But we won 7 games with Clemmens leading the way last year..Kellen freakin' Clemmens...Shaun Hill is two times the QB that Clemmens was,...We have a Defense that may be the best its been since the 70's. We have a promising Oline, and good RB's and exciting WR's..Shaun Hill can deliver the ball..
We will be tough to beat, and a winning season is OURS!

As you mention, it's too soon to tell. But if Bradford is lost, so is the chance (singular) for a winning season, IMO.

If Fisher can't break 8 wins, I can just hear ESPN and NFL.com pointing out his rather mediocre win-loss history once again ad nauseam. :censored:

ViperLjs

Rookie
B*ll*cks! And big hairy ones at that.

Who does Schefter think he is? Does he think he's God or something? Was he the surgeon doing the testing on Sam?

His use ow words is very noncommittal - 'real concern' he doesn't say by whom, he could be talking about the Gas station owner who's a Ram fan - "Could be" could also be "isn't".

To me the tweet simply reads as - "I've no idea whats happening, but I'm going to try and create some sensationalism and get my name about the World Wide Web, because you know what, that makes me feel good, real good, it compensates for me having a small d*ck..."

(and yes I have created a new word for Journalism that is purely out to sensationalise)

Sam wouldn't have been able to walk if he'd torn his ACL - Schefter is a plonker.

Shefter is probably the single most connected guy in the NFL. He's almost never wrong about this kind of stuff, and I can guarantee you he isn't just pulling this out of nowhere; he's got tons of people around the league that feed him inside info. We should be very concerned right now.

Also, you can walk around with an ACL tear sometimes. There are various degrees of severity.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Saying Sam wouldn't be able to walk if he had torn his ACL is a COMPLETELY false statement. You can walk if you've torn your ACL, look at Tom Brady when he tore his. He walked off to the locker room and we all know what happened to him in the end.

It's all context my friend, Bradford's just come off a bad ACL tear - do you think he'd walk on it if it was torn? My comment was "Sam wouldn't be able to walk off the field" If I remember correctly Brady was helped to walk off the field - a helper taking the weight off that knee. Seriously, do you think he would be allowed to walk off the field if he'd torn his ACL???

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
This is just a bunch of conjecture. Why even post it? It has no basis in fact.

A55VA6

Legend
If Bradford is done, I agree with going for Sanchez. Low cost, knows the system, ran it well. Could step right in. But Idk if I see that happening. Knowing fisher, Hill will probably be the guy.

fancents86

Starter
Why the hate on Hill? He might not be starter material, but last night he was making plays, reading defenses and adjusting the offense accordingly. Not easy to find a qb with as much experience or knowledge as Hill at the moment.