Can't be good-Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Didnotshow

UDFA
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rams QB Sam Bradford is out for season after MRI shows he did tear left knee ACL, per sources. Rams will announce later today. <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL">@ESPNNFL</a></p>&mdash; Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) <a href="">August 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TexRamFan

Rookie
Jim Thomas @jthom1 · 23m
. . . .hyper-extended knee and that there could be ACL damage and more surgery. Fisher news conference at 5:30 p.m.
Jim Thomas @jthom1 · 24m
Just back from Cleveland, as @adamschefter mentioned earlier, there is some concern at Rams Park that Bradford has more than a . . .

I know I said this in another post, but this is really starting to sound like Sam has a ton of swelling and perhaps they could not do an MRI. Therefore they cannot give a definite, but all signs are pointing to a severe injury.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
and now this..........

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that Rams QB Sam Bradford does in fact have a torn ACL and will miss the entire 2014 season.

The Rams expressed some initial optimism that Bradford “dodged a bullet” regarding his ACL, but that optimism quickly turned to serious concern this morning.

Bradford, 26, suffered a torn ACL in his left knee last year and was limited to appearing in just seven games. He still has two years remaining on his rookie contract, but this was largely considered to be a make-or-break season for the former No. 1 overall pick.

http://nfltraderumors.co/rams-qb-sam-bradford-out-for-season-with-acl-tear/

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
If Bradford is out for real, then we'll probably end up drafting either Brett Hundley, Kevin Hogan, or Connor Cook. Hope we go after Hogan, he's done a great job filling in for Andrew Luck and has the readiness to read sophisticated defenses.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. I figured when the Rams didn't say shit. Being a fan of this team is just so much fucking fun.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't want to talk about that right now.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Dr.-Who.gif

allrams

UDFA
So, if Sam is done for the year the question to me goes beyond this year. The Rams have a shot at being a playoff team with or without Bradford....they just had a better shot with him. Bradford had not shown rust in the preseason really.
So, what would be the plan beyond this year? Move on from Bradford? Go with a vet more long term like Hill? There are not going to be great QBs available in FA or via trade. The draft? Crapshoot with a 3 year window to know if you have the guy or not. If the Rams go the draft route it is blow up time. After this year older guys (relative term on the Rams) who are commanding salary should go....J Long, C Long, JL ect. No point in paying them if there is a start over with a rookie QB.
I dont think the Rams are cursed. I think it is very difficult to win or compete for a title. The Rams because of terrible management and coaching were starting in such a hole there was little room for error.
It all depends on the severity to me.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Bradford is done. He cannot be relied upon because he is injury prone. His injury history shows this is a fact now. The Rams must now find another QB. And I have always believed Bradford to be a very very good QB.
The Rams will have a very hard time winning games this year anyway and without Bradford it will be that much harder. I thought the Rams would be lucky to go 8-8 this year anyway. Now they could struggle for just to get a few wins.
I think they need to trade up and draft a QB next draft. They might just lose darn near every game anyway. Their secondary is young and inexperienced and they will turn the ball over many more times then they would with Bradford. Let the team suffer the loses but get the experience and draft a QB. Nothing wrong with that.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Bradford is done. He cannot be relied upon because he is injury prone. His injury history shows this is a fact now. The Rams must now find another QB. And I have always believed Bradford to be a very very good QB.
The Rams will have a very hard time winning games this year anyway and without Bradford it will be that much harder. I thought the Rams would be lucky to go 8-8 this year anyway. Now they could struggle for just to get a few wins.
I think they need to trade up and draft a QB next draft. They might just lose darn near every game anyway. Their secondary is young and inexperienced and they will turn the ball over many more times then they would with Bradford. Let the team suffer the loses but get the experience and draft a QB. Nothing wrong with that.
Nothing personal, but fuck that scenario ( not the potential trading up for a QB, but the implication that the Rams will lose so much they may as well lose for draft position). I believe they can and will win with Hill, and still make the playoffs, though the chances are not as good as with Bradford. Hill has played well IMO. We need the OL to stay healthy and the Rams will win this season.