Can't be good-Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
Let's try to look on the bright side in case the news is bad:

This offence is built to run the ball and our defence should be among the best in the league. The QB doesn't have a say in any of that. We would still have a good chance at a winning season

I agree. The off-season was geared towards upping the insurance in case this happened again. If the defense, especially the front 7, is remotely close to earning the nicknames that often get thrown around about it, if Greg Williams is the large leap up from Tim Walton, and if the offense can protect the ball, than this can still be a successful season. Bradford gave us the bigger arm, but the QB in Seattle doesn't have a cannon, he just doesn't(and isn't allowed to) do dumb things with it.

I understand the concerns we have about what will be revealed later today, but I don't think it's a stretch to think that even if Sam is out, we're a better team at this moment than when he was lost last season, and the team will have a couple weeks until the final score matters.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
No way. That guy blows.

Sanchez played behind a terrible o line in NY.
The guy went to the playoffs with that team.
I'm not saying he's great, but he's a capable starter if he has talent around him and he knows Shottys system well.

I would rather have him start then Hill.

But we're getting g ahead of ourselves anyway. I think Bradford will be playing for us this year. Just not sure when yet.

ViperLjs

Rookie
So if I'm reading that right, he doesn't know either. There *could be* ACL damage and more surgery?
Well, yeah, that's one possibility.

Why would this be leaking out if the news wasn't bad, though? If the news was good we'd have presumably heard about it by now, like we did with Trumain.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Schefter and colleague Chris Mortensen are tight with Jeff Fisher, so we'd take anything they say about the Rams quite seriously" ~Rotoworld

This is the same guy that Fisher blasted last night, right?...........

ViperLjs

Rookie
"Schefter and colleague Chris Mortensen are tight with Jeff Fisher, so we'd take anything they say about the Rams quite seriously" ~Rotoworld

This is the same guy that Fisher blasted last night, right?...........

I'm pretty sure Mike Silver is the guy who is close with Fisher.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
The only silver lining in this god forsaken nightmare scenario is that the team is built to win, we've got some good receivers now, a solid offensive line (on paper anyway) and a pretty damn good running game. I believe if we do draft a young upcoming QB next year because of Bradford's potential re-injury, at least we are putting a rookie in a great situation. Kinda like a Russell Wilson situation.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I agree. The off-season was geared towards upping the insurance in case this happened again. If the defense, especially the front 7, is remotely close to earning the nicknames that often get thrown around about it, if Greg Williams is the large leap up from Tim Walton, and if the offense can protect the ball, than this can still be a successful season. Bradford gave us the bigger arm, but the QB in Seattle doesn't have a cannon, he just doesn't(and isn't allowed to) do dumb things with it.

I understand the concerns we have about what will be revealed later today, but I don't think it's a stretch to think that even if Sam is out, we're a better team at this moment than when he was lost last season, and the team will have a couple weeks until the final score matters.

Exactly what I've been echoing on twitter. We still have a stout D. We still have a strong running game. We still have an improving crop of pass catchers. Is there a drop off from Sam to Hill? Sure. But not as large as the drop off between Sam and Clemens.

And lets not forget KC won 4 out of 9 games last year. That's NEARLY .500 ball. I think Hill can do better than KC. Imo if he is the starter for 16 we'll win between 6 and 10 games.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
OK. Devils advocate hat on.

Shaun Hill IS a good backup QB, I really don't think he's a season starter.
Davis & Gilbert. lets not go there.
Sanchez. His ceiling has been hit.

Now, in this crazy division, we need to get crazy, think crazy.

We have our Defence. We have a running game. We have our Kicker. We have a God gifted punter. Why not go a little unpredictable at QB...yes I am serious - get Tebow in. The guy can win, he has won games.

fearsomefour

Legend
So, if Sam is done for the year the question to me goes beyond this year. The Rams have a shot at being a playoff team with or without Bradford....they just had a better shot with him. Bradford had not shown rust in the preseason really.
So, what would be the plan beyond this year? Move on from Bradford? Go with a vet more long term like Hill? There are not going to be great QBs available in FA or via trade. The draft? Crapshoot with a 3 year window to know if you have the guy or not. If the Rams go the draft route it is blow up time. After this year older guys (relative term on the Rams) who are commanding salary should go....J Long, C Long, JL ect. No point in paying them if there is a start over with a rookie QB.
I dont think the Rams are cursed. I think it is very difficult to win or compete for a title. The Rams because of terrible management and coaching were starting in such a hole there was little room for error.
It all depends on the severity to me.

I'd be on the phone to the devil (or Bill Belichick or whatever he's calling himself) and try and work a deal of a second round pick for Jimmy Garoppolo, start Hill up until the bye, then turn over the reigns to Garoppolo for the next 10 years.

Well It's better than Sanchez at least.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care anymore about the speculation. I'll just prepare myself for the worst. This fucking sucks. Great way of ruining my week and possibly my year.

fearsomefour

Legend
OK. Devils advocate hat on.

Shaun Hill IS a good backup QB, I really don't think he's a season starter.
Davis & Gilbert. lets not go there.
Sanchez. His ceiling has been hit.

Now, in this crazy division, we need to get crazy, think crazy.

We have our Defence. We have a running game. We have our Kicker. We have a God gifted punter. Why not go a little unpredictable at QB...yes I am serious - get Tebow in. The guy can win, he has won games.
Because he cant play the position. Pretty simple. There is nothing in his passing game that translates to an NFL QB.
I would rather trade for a guy like McGloin from Oakland who at least might develop into a solid NFL QB.

fearsomefour

Legend
The worst part is if the Rams end up parting ways with Bradford at some point because he cant stay healthy he has Cardinals written all over him.....and would no doubt play 8 straight healthy and productive years.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'd be on the phone to the devil (or Bill Belichick or whatever he's calling himself) and try and work a deal of a second round pick for Jimmy Garoppolo, start Hill up until the bye, then turn over the reigns to Garoppolo for the next 10 years.

Well It's better than Sanchez at least.

I like this too. Or work a deal for Chase Daniel. He's sat behind some great QBs and surely has learned a ton from them.