Camp Report 8/5/14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
It sure sounds like I can go ahead and order my #33 jersey! Thanks again for the report Coach.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But does his ability to play DE and DT make him more valuable? It's he or Sam. I don't have a dog in the fight, I'm just intrigued by the battle. With Hayes and Simms free agents after the year we need to develop good rotational DEs.

I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that they extended Sims before last year. I don't necessarily agree that it's Westbrooks or Sam. It may very well be neither.
It wouldn't surprise me to see them keep Conrath AND Carrington as the 4th and 5th DT, with Carrington having the ability to slide outside if needed. When you think about it, it they are only gonna keep 9 DL, that would be the BEST 9.

Last edited:

CoachO

Hall of Fame
In you honest opinion coach, I know what you feel about the guy but those opinions aside, do you think Peads days are numbered? He seemed to be kind of on the fence (IMO of course) before the season started and with this injury it doesnt seem like it will help his cause.

Well, I don't think he is on the fence because of the injury. I think he may have finally worn out his welcome. I have heard a few things I am not at liberty to share just yet, about some things that have happened. Let's just say, the things you hear about him not being exactly the best teammate might be more accurate than previously "reported".

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that they extended Sims before last year. I don't necessarily agree that it's him or Sam. It may very well be neither.
It wouldn't surprise me to see them keep Conrath AND Carrington as the 4th and 5th DT, with Carrington having the ability to slide outside if needed. When you think about it, it they are only gonna keep 9 DL, that would be the BEST 9.
Yeah I'm not sure on Simms contract. Would the upside of Westbrooks or Simms have more value than the impact Conrath has in 2014?

It's a good problem to have for sure. Going to be a fun intriguing battle.

BD-TomCat

Rookie
insider info is always welcomed. didnt know pead wasnt a good teammate. First time I've heard those rumblings

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
CoachO, who do you think has a better shot at making the final 53?
Pead or Trey Watts? Neither?
I've read reports where Watts is getting some ST's reps now.

FRO

Legend
insider info is always welcomed. didnt know pead wasnt a good teammate. First time I've heard those rumblings
There have been rumors for a while that he is very immature and full of himself. The kid has the physical talent, so it has to be something mental or poor attitude that has held him back.

FRO

Legend
Not coach, but I only think they go with 4 RBs, which means it's Pead, Reynolds, and Watts battling for that last spot. Last year we had 5 RBs and 5 WRs. This year I think it will be 4 RBs and 6 WRs.

PhxRam

Well, I don't think he is on the fence because of the injury. I think he may have finally worn out his welcome, and heard a few things I am not at liberty to share just yet, about some things that have happened. Let's just way, the things you hear about him not being exactly the best teammate might be more accurate than previously "reported".

If his release is indeed pending, maybe being cut is the best thing for him. A dose of reality might be just what he needs to get his career turned around.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not coach, but I only think they go with 4 RBs, which means it's Pead, Reynolds, and Watts battling for that last spot. Last year we had 5 RBs and 5 WRs. This year I think it will be 4 RBs and 6 WRs.
I agree.
I'm pulling for the Watts kid.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Yeah I'm not sure on Simms contract. Would the upside of Westbrooks or Simms have more value than the impact Conrath has in 2014?

It's a good problem to have for sure. Going to be a fun intriguing battle.

They love Conrath,, they have since he got here. And he isn't the 270 lb kid anymore. If you are asking me if Westbrooks would be better than Conrath, the answer is NO.

CoachO

Hall of Fame

Watts and Pead both are not practicing at this point. Watts has been out since last Friday. My guess is Watts is PS material. Doubtful he makes the 53. I am still not ready to throw the dirt on Pead's grave just yet, but I am admitting it could happen.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I agree.
I'm pulling for the Watts kid.

I posted this yesterday, but it applies here as well. These UDFA are going to have a very difficult time making this roster this year. I talked to someone yesterday "close to the organization" and was basically told that most everything is decided. They are "looking at 6 or 7 players" at this point that still have a chance to make an impression.

FRO

Legend
They love Conrath,, they have since he got here. And he isn't the 270 lb kid anymore. If you are asking me if Westbrooks would be better than Conrath, the answer is NO.
Fair enough. I've never seen Westbrooks, I just know some people are high on him.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
if Janoris doesnt play friday who do u think starts in his place

That depends on whether or not McGee is back. If they BOTH don't play, it will be either Woodard or Gaines. And if I got a vote, it would be Gaines.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Whew! Bombshell!!!! Pead better practice & play in the 2nd scrimmage.I still can't see them cutting him..Great reporting Coach...All that's left is the scrimmage on Friday. Where does everybody hang out? Good news about Gilbert, many called it his best day....I do have a question, do you think it's "fair" for what is basically a new offensive line to face G Williams blitz packages on almost every down? For one, it's not really realistic and 2 don't you wanna see if guys can execute against the vanilla schemes? I'm sure Schotty is good with it...Have you seen this before in previous camps? just curious.....

BD-TomCat

Rookie
you bring all the heat you can in practice so when the games come the o will be ready. think back to Buddy Ryans first year with the oilers.