Camp Report 8/5/14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A320driver

Rookie
This was the third time I stopped by. I work around the corner, so that makes it easy especially after a long day of sitting in front of a computer. Though it has been said by many, there are a few guys who have definitely stood out. First, Quick looks like a completely different person, and I put A LOT of that on the addition of Britt. Quick is attached to his hip constantly, and I think some of Britt's bravado has rubbed off on him. I also think Austin looks much more comfortable, and is catching almost everything thrown his way. Not only is he making the easy catches, but he is making the kind of catches that makes me think he can be successful lining up on the outside. Also, I believe that Stacy has looked head and shoulders better than the field running the ball, and looks better (not great) in pass pro.

On defense, Donald has been a standout. Granted he has been going up against inferior players much of camp, something he wont experience in games. Regardless, these are all still world class football players, and Donald has made them look like junior high players at times. He will have rookie moments, but dear lord can this guy fly off the snap. I watched some 1 on 1 rookie stuff while the vets stretched last week and I'm not sure a lineman even got his hands on Donald a single time. I am also willing to bet that Ogletree is going to have a break out season. It is hard to judge the secondary in these practices as the QB has much more time than usual to progress through his reads and for the WR's to break coverage but I do like what Gaines has brought to the table, but after that there is not much depth whatsoever.

Good points about Donald. However he's still a rookie, and the first time he gets in there a vet o lineman will "quick set him" and that's how they will get their hands on him..that's what I want to see ! How does he counter?
I think he's got really good potential, but let's see him in a few games before we anoint him ;)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
This was the third time I stopped by. I work around the corner, so that makes it easy especially after a long day of sitting in front of a computer. Though it has been said by many, there are a few guys who have definitely stood out. First, Quick looks like a completely different person, and I put A LOT of that on the addition of Britt. Quick is attached to his hip constantly, and I think some of Britt's bravado has rubbed off on him. I also think Austin looks much more comfortable, and is catching almost everything thrown his way. Not only is he making the easy catches, but he is making the kind of catches that makes me think he can be successful lining up on the outside. Also, I believe that Stacy has looked head and shoulders better than the field running the ball, and looks better (not great) in pass pro.

On defense, Donald has been a standout. Granted he has been going up against inferior players much of camp, something he wont experience in games. Regardless, these are all still world class football players, and Donald has made them look like junior high players at times. He will have rookie moments, but dear lord can this guy fly off the snap. I watched some 1 on 1 rookie stuff while the vets stretched last week and I'm not sure a lineman even got his hands on Donald a single time. I am also willing to bet that Ogletree is going to have a break out season. It is hard to judge the secondary in these practices as the QB has much more time than usual to progress through his reads and for the WR's to break coverage but I do like what Gaines has brought to the table, but after that there is not much depth whatsoever.
This deserves it's own thread.

sostl

Starter
No offense, but there's really no way you could know that without being in that locker room or coaches' meetings. That's pretty much the height of speculation.

not to gang up on you, but me and @CoachO were talking throughout the practice; and ill just say this, he DEFINITELY knows whats going on

jjab360

Legend
To respond to the 6,7,8 (? I lost count) posters who have taken exception to my post regarding Pead, I'm sorry but I'm not buying it. While I appreciate what CoachO has done for us giving us in great and impressive detail his first hand POV experiences at Rams camp, I'm not going to blindly agree with everything he says. I haven't been that impressed with Pead when he has seen the field in the regular season and preseason and I can see plenty of reasons why he is not getting more PT than he has other than just a bad or selfish attitude. Some have locked themselves in on the idea that Pead is some great talent based on his college highlights, and while his Cincy tape showed some nice quickness and agility, it also showed where these talents might not translate to a pro style offense. He has a pretty bad habit of running backwards and expecting to outrun everybody despite being only slightly faster than Stacy and probably about the same speed as BamBam or Tre Mason. He also runs very upright and exposes his medsection to easy tackles as opposed to our other RBs who all run pretty low to the ground with a wide set to absorb punishment and keep on trucking. I also take exception to the idea that Pead is the best blocker on this team based on what I've seen Stacy do last year (again, in the regular season when it actually matters), but that's probably a conversation for another thread.

Last edited: