Camp Report 8/11/14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Between him and Sammy Brown, I am not sure who has taken the most $$$ for the least amount of time of the field in the past 3 years.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Joyner really seems to be having fun out there. I was watching the OL v DL drills from the far side of the 2nd field. Joyner and Mo Alexander had what I have to imagine was a pass breakup intended for Austin on a GO route in 7v7s, all right in front of me, and Joyner was really whooping it up afterwards. The gassers were at the end of practice, and Joyner ran them at what must have been full speed, beating the rest of the speed players (WRs, CBs. Ss) by a half length.

Scott Wells won the OL / DL gassers.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Thanks for the report Coach0. Lots of tweets talking about drills with bags, stressing lanes (staying in gaps) and getting off blocks. Did you notice anything special/different? I read about Williams spending extra time with the various units, was this different? Who is this Wilson dude at LB, I can't remember him from the game? Last Q....any extra emphasis on tackling?

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I'm happy to hear the consistent, positive news on Quick. Just think, we went from having a small wr core to some beef in one year!

One thing, I hope this is due to Quick rather than a weak secondary. Quick will be guarded by physical, All-Pro and Pro Bowl corners in this division. I hope he is ready...

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm happy to hear the consistent, positive news on Quick. Just think, we went from having a small wr core to some beef in one year!

One thing, I hope this due to Quick rather than a weak secondary. Quick will be guarded by physical, All-Pro and Pro Bowl corners in this division. I hope he is ready...
And even better than that ... your screen name fits on one line now!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
God I woiuld hate to be the one to cause a gasser. I get enough of those after eating some burritos.

Also no theme of the day?

C'mon Coach, I know it's the "dog days" of camp, but don't slack now...unless YOU want to run a gasser!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
NEWSFLASH of the practice: BRIAN QUICK DROPS A PASS. I guess the magic is gone!

Sadly this stuff won't go away until he goes practices without dropping passes, then actually makes plays IN GAMES.

That was satire, RFIP.

But you already knew that, right?... Right?...

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Discovered this wonderful GEM about 2 weeks ago and/or around the start of camp. Boy have I been loving the content on this forum. So much information. Thanks for sharing all of your experiences at camp and such.

RFIP

If I "reported" that Austin AND BAILEY both dropped passes today, think anyone would care?

I know I would NOT care because both Austin and Bailey have done things on the field, in real LIVE GAMES that Quick has not.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Probably a good word. There were center/QB exchange issues with Bradford and Wells, on back to back plays. Continued False Starts, by 3rd offensive line.
Defensive substitution issues on a few occasions.

So yeah, not the best practice of the summer.

Good to get these kinds of things out of the way earlier.

Hey Coach, I was wondering, I know you mentioned the 2 on 1s uphill for linemen earlier on in camp...have there been any other unit drills you've noticed that are new this year they didn't do last year?

Thanks for all that you do Coach.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I know I would NOT care because both Austin and Bailey have done things on the field, in real LIVE GAMES that Quick has not.

that's not being too cynical. LOL I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised. and then we shall see what you have to say.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Is Barrett Jones still injured? It might not be a relevant question seeing how he's not a starter, but there was a lot of hype for him going into training camp. But as off late he has been off the field.

It would indeed appear something is mysteriously unhealthy wrong with center Barrett Jones with something of some type. I see where the health issue that has had our starting center Scott Wells on the shelf for such a very long time was said to be recovering from an illness??? An illness? So glad it was not that knee & lower leg issues that sent him to the IR in 2012 & 2013.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Good to get these kinds of things out of the way earlier.

Hey Coach, I was wondering, I know you mentioned the 2 on 1s uphill for linemen earlier on in camp...have there been any other unit drills you've noticed that are new this year they didn't do last year?

Thanks for all that you do Coach.

The only other "new" drill they have brought out in camp is the sand pit for the O-linemen as well. And for the defensive backs they have used tennis balls, to help them NOT grab the WRs with the implementation of the new enforcement of the illegal contact rule. Other than that, pretty much status quo.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
not sure why you are asking, did you hear something I missed, or are you referring to his omission from the 1st offense in my report?

I cannot list, nor will I try to list all of the players rotating in with the different units. Harkey took his regular reps with the 1st team, but the majority of TODAY'S work went to the group listed.