Bye Tavon ??? STAYS ON RESTRUCTURE!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I like it. Give him a training camp under McVay. We're probably going to need him this season. Gurley Woods and Kupp are going get A LOT of attention from the defense..

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
If Mcvay find a way to use him this offense would be exciting.

Come on tavon prove us all wrong and show up next season

dang

Legend
I am brand new ROD member but have been following it for the past year. Been an LA/STL/LA Ram fan since 1972. My Tavon take is the Rams want to keep him as a trade chip for no additional $$ (the $5M is sunk cost) rather than releasing him. In the event he is not traded he gets another tryout to claim a spot on the 53 - again for no additional $$. If he makes the 53 and contributes he get max $3M and the Rams get a hell of a deal for a contributor!

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
@jrry32 What Jrry said. If those incentives are unlikely to be met than we come out of this a winner.

If rather see him hit the incentives because it means he did well and probably improved our offense overall. An improved tavon will get more attention from defenses.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I am brand new ROD member but have been following it for the past year. Been an LA/STL/LA Ram fan since 1972. My Tavon take is the Rams want to keep him as a trade chip for no additional $$ (the $5M is sunk cost) rather than releasing him. In the event he is not traded he gets another tryout to claim a spot on the 53 - again for no additional $$. If he makes the 53 and contributes he get max $3M and the Rams get a hell of a deal for a contributor!

I'm with you. I think he's trade bait for now, however, if we don't add a receiver in FA, and actually depending on who we add, I want him to stay.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It's pretty cool that he stayed.
He could have said no to a new deal and been released. Allowing him to get a bigger payday elsewhere.

dang

Legend
Tavon appears to be a team player above all else. I believe he has been humbled by his situation and will do everything in his power to win back a role. We lost our deep threat decoy in Sammy. I like Tavon in the jet sweep/jet sweep decoy role. It was a very important part of our attack last year that didn't show up in his stats last year. I would actually lover for him to win back some actual jet sweeps (like he ran against SF first game). Nothing like an 8 yard jet sweep to start off a series. Followed by a jet sweep decoy that springs Gurley for 28 yards later in the series.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
If nothing else Tavon has continued to prove that he's a "team first" player and a real professional. He's taken demotions/benchings without any gripes and now he's restructuring his contract so he can stay a Ram.

Exactly this, thank you for being a rational and logical human being. Beers on me if you ever go to a Rams game next season. Cheers

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I don't really see Tavon being used any more than he was used last year. I can't replace Watkins as he is not the down the field threat that Sammy is.... he's our 3rd down runningback pretty much...and if his cap hit was lessened to the point where keeping him for one more year would be would be better than cutting him this year... then as our 3rd down RB he pretty much fits a role for us that we could still use....

I would say that Josh Reynolds most certainly would warrant the first shot at replacing Watkins.... Tavon doesn't come close to giving us what Reynolds can if he plays to his potential.... Mike Thomas as well..

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
But I do have the data that says in 5 seasons he's had 21 fumbles. And in 3 of the seasons he's had 5 fumbles. Problems holding onto the ball are not new to any wrist injury.

Fair enough - I believe you.
One fumble every 4 games - probably less if you exclude muffed punts.

I can live with that.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
YYYYAAHHHHH....HATERS GON' HATE

49415-The-Best-Gifs-Of-Nfl-Week-10-Face-Off.gif

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I like Tavon in the jet sweep/jet sweep decoy role. It was a very important part of our attack last year that didn't show up in his stats last year. I would actually lover for him to win back some actual jet sweeps (like he ran against SF first game). Nothing like an 8 yard jet sweep to start off a series. Followed by a jet sweep decoy that springs Gurley for 28 yards later in the series.

Jet sweep decoy seemed like a staple part of our attack in first half of season, but was rarely used later on.

That’s the way I remember it anyway

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
that 5 mil is about the same amount they could have paid Pryor. Pryor was just as productive last year so I guess it makes sense from that perspective.

I am not a Tavon fan at all. All we can hope is he proves us wrong. At the least he could be usage rate could go up with Sammy gone.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame

Cool, thank you.

Based on this info, sounds like some ambitious NLTBE bonuses for TA would be good. If TA falls short, no harm done to the cap. But if he achieves them, then he will have earned it, and we pay the modest bill in 2019 (when we have a ton of room).

Hope they tell us more details about the contract soon.

Also curious whether this is a legit sign they want to keep him or whether Snead is simply trying to make TA trade bait for yet another 6th rounder.