Bye Tavon ??? STAYS ON RESTRUCTURE!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This means that we still have the best Change of Pace RB in the business.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i have a feeling this may have been to help facilitate a trade ....im honestly not sure Tavon is on our roster come training camp (hell i ll be surprised if he is here come draft day )

…..

Legend
Jeezus....

This has become like an old girlfriend who gives great blowjobs.

Bitch gets on your nerves but you keep her around because now and then she does something right.

jap

Legend
This. All of this. It totally baffles me how someone so quick and so fast can’t be a good route runner. He cuts on a dime. Nobody should be able to cover him one on one.

The thing is: his Warp Five cuts are done instinctively. He has to work on his route running religiously so he reaches the point where he can react to the CBs instinctively at Warp speed too. Right now, I believe he is thinking too much rather just flowing like a seasoned receiver.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I totally get that. But his slant routes on man coverage should work 99/100 times.
Unfortunately that's not really the way it works out. Again it depends on coverages, there are scheme's and coverage types that defend against the slant no matter how good you are. There's also an option route tree that is usually associated with "the slant" and that's TAs job to diagnose and adjust and I promise you he's not

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Rams: We got ya a birthday gift Tavon!
Tavon: Oh boy! I wonder what it is?
Tavon (unwrapping gift): A juggs machine? I don't know what it is.
Rams: We just know you'll put it to good use!

(edited a little for you)

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

And Michael Bennett.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
The loss of Sammy Watkins has the Rams re-thinking their offensive plan. I believe they planned to cut Austin and give the savings to Watkins if Sammy were available at a reasonable price.

IF Tavon can catch, he can threaten deep. In spite of his diminutive stature, he’s a willing and capable blocker as well.. No, he’s not going to be a fixture as the X receiver because he can’t beat press coverage. But if a defense goes primarily zone, he can be a weapon out there because he does stem his routes well on the 9 route when a corner is playing off coverage.. Still, we all expect the Rams to use Reynolds, Thomas, or someone yet to be acquired on the perimeter most of the time.

His presence now means the Rams won’t be targeting a third running back for the receiver role. His gadget plays will continue to be in McVay’s bag. I suppose the Rams believe Tavon’s ball security issues were tied to his wrist injury. I hope another year in the system has Tavon better understanding how McVay wants the routes run and improve his chemistry with Jared. He has the physical qualities to find success. The development necessary must occur between his ears.

How about we have tavon motion then run go routes. I would think he can get past the initial coverage and force a safetys attention.

Anyone have an idea about what Watkins and Eifert were offered from the rams?

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
Not sure he is a good fit on this team. The net cost is $3M but not sure that is even worth it. I would use that money towards another receiver.

This means we are no longer in the market for another receiver which I do not agree with.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure he is a good fit on this team. The net cost is $3M but not sure that is even worth it. I would use that money towards another receiver.

This means we are no longer in the market for another receiver which I do not agree with.
Even if Tavon stays, think we might go after a taller receiver.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I wish there was more cap savings here but the Tavon deal gives us flexibility. We can keep him or cut him before the beginning of the year and get that cap savings if need be. With him, we may not feel the need to reach for a WR or RB in the draft. (We most likely need another WR and RB at some point).

By resigning Tavon, we are not getting a WR with great hands, or a WR that runs great routes or an amazing 3rd down RB who can pass block... we are getting FLEXIBILITY to make do if we can't fill these spots.

If a full offseason gets him to perform better and maybe to be used part time at X on go routes... that's just icing on the cake.

Last edited:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Unfortunately that's not really the way it works out. Again it depends on coverages, there are scheme's and coverage types that defend against the slant no matter how good you are. There's also an option route tree that is usually associated with "the slant" and that's TAs job to diagnose and adjust and I promise you he's not
There’s also things an offense can do that the defense just can’t stop. Remember Joey Galloway? He was one of the fastest WRs ever. Probably 4-5 times per season, he took a slant to the house. Tavon is as, if not faster then he was. There’s no way he can’t emmulate that a couple times a year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We don't really use Austin on slant routes for a variety of reasons.
I cant think of any but for some reason I'm having a craving for...
butterfinger.jpg

WestCoastRam

Legend
I will say this about Austin, he'd be twice the WR and RB that he is if he'd just stick his foot in the ground and go and not try to dance too much.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll say this much, if all our guys blocked downfield as tenaciously as TA, it would be unfair to the league