Browns to interview Mike Martz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
quotes? really? I can find quotes that say climate change isn't real. Yet weknow the carbonisotopes have been mapped and proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that climate change is real! And, you offer me quotes..
OMG, really. You don't believe the climate change propaganda, do you? Yes, the climate changes constantly. It's a non-linear system with infinite possibilities and far too many variables to ever make sweeping long term predictions about permanent change. Watch the clip from Jurassic Park on Complexity, Jeff Goldblum simplifies it very well, although he mistakenly refers to it as Chaos Theory, when really he is referring to a Complex Adaptive System...

Oh, and the Butterfly Effect is bogus as well, as one can't make these types of causal predictions in a complex system.

Last edited:

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
captainchaos.jpg

reggae

Yeah, quotes. And not only quotes, ones made by experts with first-hand knowledge. That is a high standard.

Now, you say Martz is a "putz". But other than that your points really are not clear. So, other than calling Martz a putz, what are you saying?

Are you suggesting that Vermeil is wrong when he says "'We would not win a world championship with the Rams without Mike Martz,'' Vermeil said. ''We had other great coaches, too. But [Martz] was, to me, the real catalyst. He was the final piece of our puzzle.''

Is Vermeil wrong, and if you think so, explain with "proof" how Vermeil or why Vermeil is wrong.
Absolutely Vermeil was wrong concerning Martz. Martz is basically a simpleton who has no track record other than the team he inherited from Vermeil. So, yes. Vermeil was wrong to hand over the reigns of a thorobred to a simpleton..Martz doesn't hsave the body of work to call him anything except a lucky OC. He was lucky Vermeil put together such a great team. Mostly thru the draft. Did he ever do anything noteworthy without that team? Wasn't Shaun Hill the best QB he ever coached? Didn't he cut Warner? Didn't he favor Gs Ferrotte over Warner to start with? Didn't Vermeil intervene? Inquiring minds need to know.

reggae

OMG, really. You don't believe the climate change propaganda, do you? Yes, the climate changes constantly. It's a non-linear system with infinite possibilities and far too many variables to every make sweeping long term predictions about permanent change. Watch the clip from Jurassic Park on Complexity, Jeff Goldblum simplies it very well, although he mistakenly refers to it as Chaos Theory, when really he is referring to a Complex Adaptive System...

Oh, and the Butterfly Effect is bogus as well, as one can't make these types of causal predictions in a complex system.

youhave to be a major league idiot to post this! Climate change is carbon stamped! at settled issue unless your mom is your sister

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Absolutely Vermeil was wrong concerning Martz. Martz is basically a simpleton who has no track record other than the team he inherited from Vermeil. So, yes. Vermeil was wrong to hand over the reigns of a thorobred to a simpleton..Martz doesn't hsave the body of work to call him anything except a lucky OC. He was lucky Vermeil put together such a great team. Mostly thru the draft. Did he ever do anything noteworthy without that team? Wasn't Shaun Hill the best QB he ever coached? Didn't he cut Warner? Didn't he favor Gs Ferrotte over Warner to start with? Didn't Vermeil intervene? Inquiring minds need to know.

I guess he's a simpleton who can show this. But I didn't see anything that meets your own standard of "proof". You just gave opinion without any proof that he's a simpleton, or lucky, or never did anything noteworthy without the 1999 Vermeil team.

But it's good to know that you hold your own opinions higher than Vermeil. Well done.

Bulger
28-13 .683 with Martz
13-41 .228 with everyone else

Warner
34-15 .694 with Martz
32-34 .471 with everyone else

Cuntler
17-8 .680 with Mike Martz
44-50 .468 with everyone else

And the winning percentage under Martz for these QBs (Warner, Bulger, Green, Hill, Kitna, Cutler) is 60%. The same QBs have a winning percentage of 44% under everyone else.

Last edited:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
youhave to be a major league idiot to post this! Climate change is carbon stamped! at settled issue unless your mom is your sister
Um, you're talking to someone with 30yrs of experience in complex systems, not someone who listens to media argument. I realize that its become an emotional issue, but let's not confuse emotion with centuries of scientific process.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Um, you're talking to someone with 30yrs of experience in complex systems, not someone who listens to media argument. I realize that its become an emotional issue, but let's not confuse emotion with centuries of scientific process.
Well, 30 years of experience in complex systems is simply not good enough, nor is being the Head Coach of a winning Super Bowl team. How dare you think your opinion has merit?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Well, 30 years of experience in complex systems is simply not good enough, nor is being the Head Coach of a winning Super Bowl team. How dare you think your opinion has merit?
Please excuse me while I sulk in the corner now

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
OMG, really. You don't believe the climate change propaganda, do you?
I think you may want to clarify. To my knowledge climate change propaganda focuses more on the reason we are experiencing such climate change. I'm sure most would not argue with the fact that we are in fact getting warmer. The debate lies between the "why are we getting warmer?" question. Is it a result of humans destroying our planet or just part of the natural cycle of the earth? Again, the actual fact that the climate is changing (on a global scale) is rather indisputable at this point.

But back to football, I think it takes a particular person to lead any team to a championship whether it be football or any other team based activity. Clearly Martz was a leader on that football team, and clearly he won a championship. That makes him special and in my opinion worth a look. I vote to interview Martz!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Are you kidding me. People say stupid crap all the time. you are a master!

I can find quotes that say climate change isn't real. Yet weknow the carbonisotopes have been mapped and proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that climate change is real!

OMG, really. You don't believe the climate change propaganda, do you? Yes, the climate changes constantly. It's a non-linear system with infinite possibilities and far too many variables to ever make sweeping long term predictions about permanent change. Watch the clip from Jurassic Park on Complexity, Jeff Goldblum simplifies it very well, although he mistakenly refers to it as Chaos Theory, when really he is referring to a Complex Adaptive System...

I think you may want to clarify. To my knowledge climate change propaganda focuses more on the reason we are experiencing such climate change. I'm sure most would not argue with the fact that we are in fact getting warmer. The debate lies between the "why are we getting warmer?" question. Is it a result of humans destroying our planet or just part of the natural cycle of the earth? Again, the actual fact that the climate is changing (on a global scale) is rather indisputable at this point.

Knock it off with the personal attacks and knock it off with the climate change crap because it's too divisive.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I suppose your an expert in that too right. :rolleyes:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I suppose your an expert in that too right. :rolleyes:
C'mon Les. Refer to PT's post directly above yours. You know better than that.

BTW - you're.... know it, repeat it, use it properly. This message brought to you by Stu's Grammar Patrol.

Alan

Legend
Jorgeh0605 muddying the waters:
I think you're mostly right except for the fact that both facets of the debate are indisputable to the overwhelming majority of the scientific community. But here's what's confusing me, why did you use the word propaganda instead of debate? Just because the other guy did?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think you're mostly right except for the fact that both facets of the debate are indisputable to the overwhelming majority of the scientific community. But here's what's confusing me, why did you use the word propaganda instead of debate? Just because the other guy did?
Ahem.... read the post three posts before yours. Just sayin'

Alan

Legend
RamFan503 trying to help:
Ahem.... read the post three posts before yours. Just sayin'
Even though my reply was short it took me a long time to write it. PT is way to fast for me as usual. :LOL: