Browns to interview Mike Martz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Mad Mike Martz.

By Darin Gantt
January 20, 2015, 6:25 AM CST
Browns interview Mike Martz for offensive coordinator job
mike-martz2.jpg

Proving they’re willing to turn over every stone in their search for an offensive coordinator, the Browns interviewed one of the hottest names in the business.

From a decade ago, at least.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Browns interviewed former Rams head coach Mike Martz recently.

The 63-year-old Martz has been out of the league since a two-year stint as Bears offensive coordinator ended in 2011, with no real hints that he wanted back in.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I would LOVE to see him get back into it. What a shitty way to re enter the league though. The Browns lol

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope he decides to take it if offered. As a Rams fan, the NFL is always more interesting when Mike Martz is in it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know he won't put up with Manziel's shit.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would LOVE to see him get back into it. What a crappy way to re enter the league though. The Browns lol

The Raiders interviewed him in 2013. They should have hired him. Even for a few years he would have been a good teacher for Carr.

FRO

Legend
Martz said he likes pocket guys and not so much the running QBs. I think he would be a poor fit for Manziel.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Browns offense has a lot of intrigue. If Martz wants to rehab his image and sell himself as someone that can evolve, this would be a great opportunity.
I suppose the flip side of that is that the Browns could be poised to scrap their offensive pieces and let Martz mold it in his vision. Cameron is set to become a free agent, Manziel's already a divisive player, Gordon has burnt a lot of bridges and could be a draft day trade piece. I believe they still have the most cap space in the NFL and two 1st round picks.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
We're gonna blow our chance to get one of the greatest OCs ever.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It would be nice to have Martz back in the game and to see if he's tweaked his offense to ensure better pass protection.

fearsomefour

Legend
Manziel and Gordon....not sure how they would mix with a guy who has notoriously high standards and is an old school hard ass in terms of expectations for his QBs.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Manziel is the next coach killer. As bad as I want to see Martz get another shot I think this is poison.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd like to see him get/take it.

See what he can do in the NFL in 2015.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
We're gonna blow our chance to get one of the greatest OCs ever.

Actually, he was one of the best OCs for 2 years..Other than that he hasn't had an offense inside the top 20...I'm sure I read that in that article...

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Would love to have Martz back here as OC. He would draw up some nasty shit for Tavon and the rest of our offense. If he gets out of hand, Fisher is the perfect head coach to reel him back in.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I think that puts to rest any questions about his relationship with the Rams..

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This makes me sad.

Shanahan supposedly quit due to front office meddling with who is the starting QB. Martz's head will explode if they try that stuff with him. Just looks like a bad marriage to me.

The Rams with Fish running things, IMO, are a far better situation to maximize Martz's strengths.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
OMG, Martz back in the league would be awesome. Why can't he come back to the Rams?