Browns to interview Mike Martz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Time out.

It's a moderator's job to "get bossy" as required to align conversation with our board's culture.

We're all adults and its not fun to have "a referee" call the occasional penalty. I get that. But we should be thankful ours do a fantastic job keeping the peace and lines clear so our forum is free of the clutter that destroys other forums.

So the occasional intervention, even if it comes across bossy, is actually a POSITIVE action to preserve this space for your voice.

A mods job is hard. Let's do our best to make it as easy as possible. (y)

CGI
Well, I've got no complaints against any moderator or against any rules or against anyone. At all. I like this board and support it financially and in keeping things civil. However, you use you analogy, if a penalty is called you'd like it to be accurate. At this point I feel like the Rams versus the 49ers. Someone is rude to me, I ignore it an respond civilally with facts and reason. And I get flagged. Hey, even refs makes errors. Why I like this board is it seems like a board of men. Ones with knowledge and humor and passion for Rams. And when I get flagged for all that when I wasn't even close to any line (I just don't know when people get banned) wasn't exactly "positive".

And to add to the confusion on my part, I just looked at the poster banned and I cannot see any line or any indication on the posts in this thread that he was banned. I simply responded to posts. Nothing vitriolic or anything . . . and I was, as you called it, penalized. So, in fact, I really cannot tell where he was banned . .. so forgive me.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I'd love it if Martz came back as OC. My fondest memories of the Rams just happen to coincide with his being a Rams coach. But I would be surprised if it happened, and nothing much surprises me any more.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And to add to the confusion on my part, I just looked at the poster banned and I cannot see any line or any indication on the posts in this thread that he was banned. I simply responded to posts. Nothing vitriolic or anything . . . and I was, as you called it, penalized. So, in fact, I really cannot tell where he was banned . .. so forgive me.
Well now - that would be my bad. I guess only mods can see the strike through on a banned poster's name? Didn't know that. Good to know.

We work to keep the forum the way most like it. Unfortunately, sometimes it comes off as penalizing. And it is the internet so sometimes we simply assume something that may or may not be true. I wish I could say that it won't happen again. But I'm going to err on the side of interrupting infighting if that's what I see.

My comment about not really being able to just let it go was in conjunction with the fact that it is part of my responsibility to not just let things go. It was also following a post by Prime Time where he asked everyone to cool their jets as well as mine saying goodbye to the instigator of most of the trouble. The back and forth was getting old and sometimes you just have to stop feeding these types.

As I said, I realize that the poster causing most of the problem was reggae. Those types tend to get others going where they otherwise wouldn't. Unfortunately, what I didn't realize was that there was apparently no indication that he was banned for the way he was interacting with you and others in this thread. In actuality, I can tell you it was really his last straw with many of us here.

So bottom line - my apologies for coming off harsh.

Cheers man.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
My comment about not really being able to just let it go was in conjunction with the fact that it is part of my responsibility to not just let things go. It was also following a post by Prime Time where he asked everyone to cool their jets as well as mine saying goodbye to the instigator of most of the trouble. The back and forth was getting old and sometimes you just have to stop feeding these types.

As I said, I realize that the poster causing most of the problem was reggae. Those types tend to get others going where they otherwise wouldn't. Unfortunately, what I didn't realize was that there was apparently no indication that he was banned for the way he was interacting with you and others in this thread. In actuality, I can tell you it was really his last straw with many of us here.
To be fair though... if Poster Y (can't make my hypothetical poster X) got banned with the announcement coming in a certain message, and some other poster responded to a message from BEFORE that announcement, they have no way to know when they wrote the message that they're responding to someone who got banned. So it's not like that person is intentionally keeping a war going.

So yeah, some sort of visual clue that a poster has now been banned would be nice. On a semi related topic, so would a badge on specific posts to basically say "The mods have seen this, agree it's inappropriate and have taken action on it." so we'd know not to bother either responding to or reporting that post.

Just suggesting.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Well now - that would be my bad. I guess only mods can see the strike through on a banned poster's name? Didn't know that. Good to know.

We work to keep the forum the way most like it. Unfortunately, sometimes it comes off as penalizing. And it is the internet so sometimes we simply assume something that may or may not be true. I wish I could say that it won't happen again. But I'm going to err on the side of interrupting infighting if that's what I see.

So bottom line - my apologies for coming off harsh.

Cheers man.
I have no problems with moderation . .. it's a good thing. And had I known he was banned I wouldn't have responded.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I have no problems with moderation . .. it's a good thing. And had I known he was banned I wouldn't have responded.
That might be my fault. I banned him for a week, and that doesn't cross out his name. Stu banned him for eternity, and that's when the line appeared.
I was just trying to shut his yap so the mods could decide what to do with him.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
That might be my fault. I banned him for a week, and that doesn't cross out his name. Stu banned him for eternity, and that's when the line appeared.
I was just trying to shut his yap so the mods could decide what to do with him.
Well, let's all just start over and forget it all.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, let's all just start over and forget it all.
oh.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
To be fair though... if Poster Y (can't make my hypothetical poster X) got banned with the announcement coming in a certain message, and some other poster responded to a message from BEFORE that announcement, they have no way to know when they wrote the message that they're responding to someone who got banned. So it's not like that person is intentionally keeping a war going.

So yeah, some sort of visual clue that a poster has now been banned would be nice. On a semi related topic, so would a badge on specific posts to basically say "The mods have seen this, agree it's inappropriate and have taken action on it." so we'd know not to bother either responding to or reporting that post.

Just suggesting.
Sounds technical. WAY above my pay grade. :cool:

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Mike Martz would be nice, but with this current nucleus of coaches how many high profile, big personality, even bigger ego guys can you throw in before the whole thing blows up in your face? That's the worrying thing.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Sounds technical. WAY above my pay grade. :cool:

Maybe it's cuz I been here so long but when you posted not to let the door hit him ,I knew he was gone and really had said all I was gonna say to him anyway , it was clear escalation was in the offing if I said anything more, can't say it was a total waste though I'm not gonna give my bees Roundup anymore:whistle: