Browns to interview Mike Martz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kroenke was part of the owner group that fired Martz and reversing that in a way is an afront to Shaw in particular, who Krooenke remains close to, Fisher ,for him it'd be an ego thing , sort of a if you can't beat em join em thing, JMO any pre existing animosity or reason for any comes into play
Well, I don't know about any of that... your opinions and that's fine.

But I am in the camp that a Fisher-Martz marriage wouldn't work. For reasons stated here numerous times.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If he isn't bringing his time machine to get Warner and Faulk he won't accomplish much.
I have to disagree with you on this point, I believe the Rams have a lot of talent on the Team now, and Martz could do a lot with it!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well, I don't know about any of that... your opinions and that's fine.

But I am in the camp that a Fisher-Martz marriage wouldn't work. For reasons stated here numerous times.
I'd be more worried about a Martz/Williams rift ala Buddy Ryan /Kevin Gilbride

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
youhave to be a major league idiot to post this! Climate change is carbon stamped! at settled issue unless your mom is your sister
Enough for me. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
But, wouldn't you like to hear Cutler's take.
I'll take Martz's word over the word of his 2 biggest public critics Coach Killer Cutler or Crazy Kyle Turley any day of the week.

Also, anything that is true shouldn't need dogmatic "Anyone who disagrees with me is stupid" type defense. One of the first steps toward rationality (and message board harmony) is the admission to oneself that no matter how vehemently I disagree with that other guy, he COULD be right...

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Nice cherry picking. Let's see with Warner Martz had Faulk. As well as an all star receiving corps. With Bulget Martz had Faulk and Jackson receivers and OL. Cutler had Forte and again a very good offensive line and defense. Outside of the championship team he inherited tho.not once did he coach a top 10 offense. And no playoff appearances. I'm guessing people love it when you are on their side of the argument. Btw, Martz was NEVER Head Coach of a Super Bowl winning team genius!

Okay, so Vermeil speaking on the record in 1999, 2000, 2006, 2010 is "cherry picking". Perhaps it's a man who beleives what he is saying.

Now, lets explore what he had. Warner. Okay, what was Warner before Martz? Nothing. Vermeil said, "He took a guy off the scout team and made him MVP". Warner said Martz made him, taught him almost everything he knows about QBing". Warner had a winning percentage of .694 under Martz. He was a losing QB with everyone else.

Faulk. Faulk was a great player, with the Colts, from 1994-98 Faulk averaged 3.8 yards a carry. From 1999-2005, under the simpleton Martz Faulk averaged 4.8 yards a carry. With Colts Faulk averaged 59 receptions. With Martz he averaged 70 and that includes when he didn't play much and split time with S-Jax. Faulk was never All-Pro before Martz, with Martz he was a 3-time All-Pro and 3 time offensive player of the year.

Holt. Holt averaged 88 catches for 1300 yards with Martz. Without 75 for 975.

Ike was always better with Martz, who was his WR coach in 1995 and 1996.

You mention Cutler. He had a winning percentage of .680 with Martz and has a losing record with everyone else. The only time Cutler sniffed the playoffs was with Martz.

Forte average 4.7 yards a carry under Martz. 4.2 with everyone else. Fotre averaged 7.9 yards a reception with everyone else, with Martz he averaged over 10 yards a reception.

And you say, "And no playoff appearances"

He was in Championshio game in 2010 when Cuntler rolled up like a whimp and Hanie nearly won the game for them.

And Martz did not "inherit a championship team". Rams had worst record of the 1990s when Martz was hired.

Twins right ace right 999 H-balloon my friend.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
That's just an impression that doesn't take into account that he had an NFC championship game in OT with Bulger,right now from where we are that looks pretty damned good
Or taking a malcontent like Cutler to NFC Championship game.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2015-1-22_10-31-18.png

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'll take Martz's word over the word of his 2 biggest public critics Coach Killer Cutler or Crazy Kyle Turley any day of the week.

Also, anything that is true shouldn't need dogmatic "Anyone who disagrees with me is stupid" type defense. One of the first steps toward rationality (and message board harmony) is the admission to oneself that no matter how vehemently I disagree with that other guy, he COULD be right...

Okay, so Vermeil speaking on the record in 1999, 2000, 2006, 2010 is "cherry picking". Perhaps it's a man who beleives what he is saying.

Now, lets explore what he had. Warner. Okay, what was Warner before Martz? Nothing. Vermeil said, "He took a guy off the scout team and made him MVP". Warner said Martz made him, taught him almost everything he knows about QBing". Warner had a winning percentage of .694 under Martz. He was a losing QB with everyone else.

Faulk. Faulk was a great player, with the Colts, from 1994-98 Faulk averaged 3.8 yards a carry. From 1999-2005, under the simpleton Martz Faulk averaged 4.8 yards a carry. With Colts Faulk averaged 59 receptions. With Martz he averaged 70 and that includes when he didn't play much and split time with S-Jax. Faulk was never All-Pro before Martz, with Martz he was a 3-time All-Pro and 3 time offensive player of the year.

Holt. Holt averaged 88 catches for 1300 yards with Martz. Without 75 for 975.

Ike was always better with Martz, who was his WR coach in 1995 and 1996.

You mention Cutler. He had a winning percentage of .680 with Martz and has a losing record with everyone else. The only time Cutler sniffed the playoffs was with Martz.

Forte average 4.7 yards a carry under Martz. 4.2 with everyone else. Fotre averaged 7.9 yards a reception with everyone else, with Martz he averaged over 10 yards a reception.

And you say, "And no playoff appearances"

He was in Championshio game in 2010 when Cuntler rolled up like a whimp and Hanie nearly won the game for them.

And Martz did not "inherit a championship team". Rams had worst record of the 1990s when Martz was hired.

Twins right ace right 999 H-balloon my friend.

You two are arguing with someone who is no longer here. Let it go.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
You two are arguing with someone who is no longer here. Let it go.
How would I know they are no longer here? All I know is I come on here and he's replied to my posts today and I respond. So, unless you put out a notice when someone is banned, I think it's okay for me and anyone else to respond with some interesting facts. The details in my posts can serve a few who are not banned as well. So, I will let it go if you will. Fair enough?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
How would I know they are no longer here? All I know is I come on here and he's replied to my posts today and I respond. So, unless you put out a notice when someone is banned, I think it's okay for me and anyone else to respond with some interesting facts. The details in my posts can serve a few who are not banned as well. So, I will let it go if you will. Fair enough?
Because I just let you know. And no I really can't just let it go.

The information is fine - and very interesting. The vitriol is something we can all do without. I realize the other guy was the main antagonist but then that's why he is no longer here.

Just so you know though. If you see a member's name with a line through it, it means he has been shown the door.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Just a heads up @RamFan503 , I don't see a line through his name. Looks active to me.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Because I just let you know. And no I really can't just let it go.

The information is fine - and very interesting. The vitriol is something we can all do without. I realize the other guy was the main antagonist but then that's why he is no longer here.

Just so you know though. If you see a member's name with a line through it, it means he has been shown the door.
The other guy was the only one with vitriol. It's good to know that a line through it means he's been shown the door, since that information is not readily available perhaps you'll forgive me for not knowing that. And after you let me know I didn't post anymore in response to him. However, before that I was posting good information meant to reasonably show a different aspect. I would mildly suggest that there are times you can just let it go . . . seems for some reason you are angry with me for not knowing the guy was banned. I happen to not hink your response was fair. It was hyperreactive given the nature of the situation. After a while I would have seen he never responded and then I would have naturally "let it go". Not sure the need is there to get bossy with me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Not sure the need is there to get bossy with me.

Time out.

It's a moderator's job to "get bossy" as required to align conversation with our board's culture.

We're all adults and its not fun to have "a referee" call the occasional penalty. I get that. But we should be thankful ours do a fantastic job keeping the peace and lines clear so our forum is free of the clutter that destroys other forums.

So the occasional intervention, even if it comes across bossy, is actually a POSITIVE action to preserve this space for your voice.

A mods job is hard. Let's do our best to make it as easy as possible. (y)

CGI