Brandin Cooks Traded to Houston Texans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams Talk is wrong; we're giving the Texans a 2022 fourth and Cooks in exchange for a second round pick. I still think it's armed highway robbery by the Rams.
That's the way I read it??? Anyway, here's my dystopian me, hopping on water with a bags of cash...
KNYv4bE.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like I need to find the Rams their replacement. I love Tyler Johnson, but he's more Cooper Kupp than Brandin Cooks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who's the cap guy here?? What does that do to the cap?? Thank you Cooks for everything you've done for our team. Good luck to you in the future.

We'll have to move money around. This deal costs us $5 million in cap space ($21.8 million dead cap vs. Cook's $16.8 million cap hit).

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Great draft to do it, fleece BOB while ya can. Sad to see you go Brandin, glad to have the cap space. Ill say more when I’m off work

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
And after all those worry wart conversations about mortgaging the future, getting tied down to the mega contacts, being stuck, going All In and being fucked if it doesn't work blah blah etc....
well_there_it_is_jurassic_park.gif

tumblr_ndex8gzsdo1ricqlko2_r1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We'll have to move money around. This deal costs us $5 million in cap space ($21.8 million dead cap vs. Cook's $16.8 million cap hit).
(jrry32 opens wallet and says, "I got this, Stan.")

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
BoB is a hack and it's working to our benefit if that trade includes eating up his contract

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Looks like I need to find the Rams their replacement. I love Tyler Johnson, but he's more Cooper Kupp than Brandin Cooks.

Two words: Brandon Aiyuk.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And after all those worry wart conversations about mortgaging the future, getting tied down to the mega contacts, being stuck, going All In and being fucked if it doesn't work blah blah etc....

giphy.gif
Capologists collectively give Bluto, the stink eye...
LWEYH2c.gif

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

giphy.gif

You gotta roll the dice sometimes. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. If Gurley's knee and production holds up and Cooks doesn't get concussed twice and keeps up his 2018 level of production, we'd all be singing a different tune on those contracts.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Bummer.

I loved the Brandin Cooks signing, always thought he was a huge upgrade over Watkins. Cooks always worked his ass off and was a great teammate.

Such a shame that concussions made him a liability.

With almost 18 M in dead money, I don't quite understand the optimism for 2020. IMHO this looks like yet another move by the Rams to "take the pain" in 2020 and really set themselves up for 2021 and beyond.

I have a huge amount of trust in the decision making by McSnead, and I trust they got the best deal they could. Just disappointed that health concerns overshadowed a great player.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing I think we see very soon is a. Year extension for Ramsey which will lower his 2020 hit.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I'm happy to see Cooks get another chance. He just wasnt that good here, let's be real. Im comfortable with Woods, Kupp and Reynolds.

I also like having the 2nd and 3rd rounders. Cheaper way to fill some talent. Hopefully we can strike gold on one or two of them.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...K0TVNg-k3tBJATFgDWXJSJjXDnUk87Dfl76aRbjgx_I_4

Updated Rams draft picks

• Round 2, No. 52
  • Round 2, No. 57
  • Round 3, No. 84
  • Round 3, No. 104 (compensatory)
  • Round 4, No. 126
  • Round 6, No. 199
  • Round 7, No. 234

I expect Sneed to trade down with at least one of those #2's, maybe both?

The value of this draft, for areas of need of the Rams, is in that 60-120 range. Interior OL/C, developmental LTs like Heck, RB's, ILB's, edge rushers, and 5T DEs.... Are plentiful in that range.

He needs to come away with more picks in that range. So small trade downs from 52 & 57 might get you an extra late 3 or early 4.

They do that and they could have 7 picks in the top 125.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm happy to see Cooks get another chance. He just wasnt that good here

I don't get that last part. The Brandin Cooks of 2018 was damn good and was a huge improvement over the guy he replaced. If he doesn't have the concussions and the corresponding drop in production, I would feel a hell of a lot different about this trade.