Brandin Cooks Traded to Houston Texans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I thought it was interesting when we sent him to Pittsburgh to check with the neurologist and how easily he got cleared. 3 bad concussions in 18 months, two of them knocking him completely unconscious and he was cleared that easily? Even when he came back his snaps were reduced. It wouldn't surprise me if that was Les playing chess, knowing that would be a big selling point regarding his health and moving him this off-season.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Love this deal. Cooks is solid, but the concussions have him close to the end of his career. Getting a 2nd for him is better than I had expected. Now Josh Reynolds gets more chances to show what he can do, so far he's been solid for us when given the chance.

Solid move.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The cap space alone for a nice but often injured player is great for the Rams.

Cooks is a solid guy and incredibly talented when he can suit up. I don't hate him, but man I'd love him if he caught those passes from Goff in the SB...just sayin.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I loved what Cooks brought pre-injury. But to me this trade is a no brainer, as it's the easiest way for us to get some cap space and adding a second is a nice bonus. Cooks of last year is easily replaceble, arguably without even drafting another WR. Time for more two TE sets.

yes please. the rams looked so much better when they rolled with 2 tes at the end of last season. time for higbee and everett to shine.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Not trying to put the guy down but I can't remember a WR that was so good at catching the ball over his shoulder but struggled at catching the ball out in front of him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
GIT YUR HANDS OFF MY WALLET, FLV! ~ Jared the GOAT

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
So far the idea of having Cooks was much better than what I saw on the field.

I am good with this.

I would have rather kept Reynolds than Cooks if there was a choice.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Bummer to see Cooks go, but speed guys can be grabbed, and I'm excited to see Reynolds in a bigger role, I think he's earned it.

Nothing but respect and best wishes for Cooks, but this is a good deal for the Rams. Although Cooks is tough and capable, in retrospect his size was a disadvantage, as was his salary and the uncertainty of his health.

Reynolds has shown enough to step in and is a receiver with much more length. The Rams' passing game will have new opportunities with Reynolds and Higbee on the field together. Size matters.

Rams can also use the pick on WR if they want-- this is the year for that position. If not, they can now get both a top RB and Olineman in the second round- that would create a new look offense!--or one of those and a defensive player. Or they now have more draft day trade capital to go down or even (gasp!) up.

This is lastly another piece of what is now a comprehensive if not ruthless overhaul by the Rams for 2020, starting with the coaching staff. It appears that almost no one is untouchable if for any reason they do not or cannot perform. The Rams are not messing around.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
As 503 said above, we can't make his decision to retire for him, although that's what I think he should do. He is one concussion away from an end to his career, if not worse.

That being said, at least we get another 2nd rounder out of it and now Les has some draft capital to work with. Taking the cap hit this year is a bit painful - ditto with Gurley. But with those two off the books, it opens up things pretty wide next year and will allow us to lock Ramsey and Kupp for a while. Let's cross our fingers we have better luck with those contracts that we did with Gurley and Cooks (whose deals would have been worth it had they stayed healthy and producing at a high level).

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Supreme Leader Bill O'Brien has made his presence felt again.

Dude may not be in the league next, or even this year and Rams got a 2nd? Lol, BOB is a true moron.