Brandin Cooks Traded to Houston Texans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're trading a 4th and Cooks for a 2nd? That's a less acceptable deal.
a "future" 4th....That could be next year, which is what, a 5th round equivalent in value this year?

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
We may not have a 1st round pick but now we have 2 2nd round picks and 2 3rd round picks. Not a bad way to retool the team.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
So Texans will have 2 speedsters that cant stay on the field.

Pretty much figured he was going to be traded happy its to houston.

With 25 nfl wideouts in this draft the rams probably have their eye on one in mid rounds with Reynolds being the interm speedster.

Will they use both 2 s to trade up or pick one trade one down? Day 2 just got alot more interesting

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
a "future" 4th....That could be next year, which is what, a 5th round equivalent in value this year?

2022 4th. It's still a 4th. But yeah, I'd say that's a mid 5th round equivalent. It's still not a deal that I love. If we were getting a 2nd and a 2021 4th, I'd be very happy. As it stands, it's meh. Not great. Not terrible.

MachS

Hall of Fame
We're trading a 4th and Cooks for a 2nd? That's a less acceptable deal.

Is it? The guy will always be one hit away from his next concussion. His previous production doesn't hold as much weight with his new health situation. Also the 4th round pick we're sending back is in 2022, not this year.

So we traded the contract, his inflated expected production, and got a 2nd round pick back this year. We now have two 2s and two 3s in this years draft. Solid move by Les IMO.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

so in the end the rams got 2 years of cooks for the price of moving down one round in the draft. 1st round to 2nd round.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like Cooks but I had begun to worry about him. A lot.

Getting out from the contract, plus a 2nd, plus not holding my breath every time he gets tackled...

Good trade.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A WR is back on the cards for the draft but I mean standing pat with woods Kupp and jrey and some depth probably wouldn’t kill us ... helps us look at linebackers and o line

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Holy shit, is this real life? If it is - and I have no idea if I'm dreaming or not - this isn't a steal. This is a fucking armed robbery.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm a huge Cooks fan. Many of you know that. But I am thinking this may be the best way it works out for us. Of course I don't know how it effects our cap. Personally, I would rather see Cooks retire but the Rams couldn't make that decision for him. I fear for his health and wish him the best. I think he has lots of football in him as long as he avoids concussions. I just don't have much faith that he can.

Peace out Brandin and I wish you well.

Psycho_X

Legend
Rams in full on jettison mode for contracts they needed to shed one way or another. This draft is deep and with the unknowns of virtual drafting there could be some gold slip down the draft. We might be able to retool some needed spots with cheap picks. But is still sad to see us scrapping the super bowl team after only one season. Reminds me of the the first time we lost to the Patriots in the super bowl. Hopefully young guys step up big this season or it might be a long one in the West.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
I loved what Cooks brought pre-injury. But to me this trade is a no brainer, as it's the easiest way for us to get some cap space and adding a second is a nice bonus. Cooks of last year is easily replaceble, arguably without even drafting another WR. Time for more two TE sets.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I’m OK with this, but we need another speed guy now.

jaffej

UDFA
May as well take his contract, cross out Brandin’s name and let Kupp sign on the dotted line in the next 6-8 months

MarkyMark

Rams fan for Life!!
Name
Mark
Who's the cap guy here?? What does that do to the cap?? Thank you Cooks for everything you've done for our team. Good luck to you in the future.