Brandin Cooks Traded to Houston Texans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooks and a 4th rounder for Van Jefferson. Time will tell, (and complete hindsight) how this one ultimately worked out.
Never really understood what happened, or why they traded him. He seemed like a hard worker, wasnt a malcontent and produced when healthy.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooks and a 4th rounder for Van Jefferson. Time will tell, (and complete hindsight) how this one ultimately worked out.
Never really understood what happened, or why they traded him. He seemed like a hard worker, wasnt a malcontent and produced when healthy.
Yeah I'm hindsight I dunno if this trade worked out. He's on his way to another 1,000 yard season.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Yeah I'm hindsight I dunno if this trade worked out. He's on his way to another 1,000 yard season.
I reluctantly agree, tho at the time of the trade ( I was delighted we actually got something decent for him) we really weren’t even sure if Cooks would ever be himself again, he’s literally one concussion away from the danger zone.

Im happy for him

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
When I first saw this, I thought they traded him again? Wow. Thats amazing. The Texans knew about this? Then about .02 seconds later I remembered that old threads are a thing...

Way to bring me down. Thanks a lot.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I reluctantly agree, tho at the time of the trade ( I was delighted we actually got something decent for him) we really weren’t even sure if Cooks would ever be himself again, he’s literally one concussion away from the danger zone.

Im happy for him
Same. I'll try not to give into the sunken cost fallacy.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Im glad he has had a good year. I’m also glad that the Rams don’t have his contract to deal with.

Im sure the Rams could have used his speed this year, but the risk of another concussion was too much to rely on him anyway.

You Saved me some typing Elmgrove. Agree 100% .
I am sure Les has a speed guy on his shopping list for next year.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Im happy for him

I'm happy for him too, but I still think he should have retired over the concussion issue. Because of that, I have no problem with the trade, even if he has done well in Houston.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would be nice to have his speed so Goff could over throw someone by only 5 yards.

Just joking.
Then again, he might have had someone fast enough who could create a little separation on those deep throws. A lot of those overthrows are because nobody is open. We need a WR that is either fast enough to get open deep, or big enough to outplay the DB for the ball. We need that kind of WR badly.

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
I agree completely. I was relieved when they signed him to an extension. Finally a receiver to be around a while.

I think it's the head injuries. Once those start, they pretty much happen often. Ask Chris Miller.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
So sorry that concussions made it so Cooks can no longer be with us.

Still remember how stoked McVay was when we first got him... that deep threat was gonna be the key piece to his offense.

When Cooks hauled in his first deep TD pass from Goff (minicamp or training camp, can’t remember which) McVay just lost it he was so happy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooks with 11 catches for 166 yards and 2 TD in the finale.
Finishes the season with
81 catches, 1,150 yards and 6 TD
Of all O’Brien’s dingbat moves, he may have actually gotten one right

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Finishes the season with

Nah, BOBs moves still sucked. At the time it was a 2nd round pick for a concussed WR that may retire.

Having said that BOB'S moves may have decent at the end of it.

Jadaveon Clowney for a 3rd. OK, this one I'll give him credit for. He probably got the best deal.

DeAndre Hopkins for a 2nd. Still stupid. But its not like he magically made Arizona SB contenders. He's been awfully quiet. David Johnson has also played well after his injuries.

And Brandin really stepped up after Will Fuller got suspended and Randall Cobb got hurt. He was pretty quiet early in the season though.

Still, BOB is a con man and jerk. Fuck him.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Finishes the season with

Rams for sure missed Cooks this year (which is not to say we should have kept him given all the concussions.) Without Cooks to stretch the field with deep routes, imo defenses sat on our short passing game. Our other receivers and tight ends never really made up for this.

Not the only factor of course. But there's only so much you expect out of an offense when all you can really do is throw short passes into tight narrow windows.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
He was very impressive to watch live, I thought when he was playing at his highest level nobody else on our roster was close. Of course RW and CK have proven to be true professionals and complete players but not near Cooks athleticism

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Brandin really stepped up after Will Fuller got suspended and Randall Cobb got hurt. He was pretty quiet early in the season though.
Cooks had 95 yards in the 2nd game, and 161 in the 5th. He had a great season. Cobb sucked until he got hurt, and Cooks was already out producing him
They got Cooks, a 4th rounder and a pretty cheap contract for a 2nd round pick. That's a great trade.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Cooks had 95 yards in the 2nd game, and 161 in the 5th. He had a great season. Cobb sucked until he got hurt, and Cooks was already out producing him
They got Cooks, a 4th rounder and a pretty cheap contract for a 2nd round pick. That's a great trade.

And 20 in the first, 23 in the 3rd, and was inactive against the Vikings.

He's had a good year no doubt. But believe me man no one thought he was all that early on. Nothing against him just going off on BOB for making this sort of trade to try and make amends for Deandre Hopkins.

Psycho_X

Legend
Bill O'Brien has been a great GM for the Miami Dolphins. Good god that team has a chance to build something special if they draft well.

As for Cooks, he is a walking concussion risk. Yes, I miss his speed but at the same time I don't think his Super Bowl drops were easily forgotten by the front office and McVay. I think long term it was still the right move. But we do need to upgrade speed at WR in the offseason. We're set with the the core of Kupp, Woods, and Jefferson for the next three years but would really like to see us grab a couple speed guys to develop.