Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Angry Ram said:
duckhunter said:
Angry Ram said:
duckhunter said:
Over the years we've discussed everything there is about Bradford and it's just not happening. I believe snead and Demitroff have got to be at least thinking of going a different way IN SPITE OF WHAT IS LEAKED IN THE MEDIA. $25M next year for an iffy, maybe broken QB.

If you remember his last year at OU he played poorly the first few games and then was injured for the rest of the year. His only work out in pajamas before the draft was like 96% completions and the media went berserk, putting pressure on Billy to draft him #1. I watched about all his games in college and his freshman year was the best. He wowed me. He hasn't looked like that since. . .

It's a difficult situation. We make excuses for poor team play but Bradford hasn't shown a Wow factor really. The OLine is pathetic and the main problem. Do they try to put lipstick on this situation one more time? Do they continue to blow smoke up peoples arses (yes that is what I think of all the coaches since Martz)? Do they draft some inside Oline talent? Like previous years, a lot of questions?

When I, Angry Ram was a freshman @ OU, Sam was a sophomore. He won the Heisman thereafter.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't he and OU melt down in the bowl game his sophomore year? I'm still a little ticked about that game. I had higher expectations that he didn't meet. It was a big game and he fell short.

IMO, his freshman year, he looked like a QB wanting to tear the league up with or without help from other members of his team. He made plays, last minute drives often and played extremely well under pressure.

It was more about the coaches/game plan. From what I remember Sam always got it into the RZ that game; actually more like inside the 5. Then the coaches pissed away the RZ chances with their play calling i.e. running it into the teeth of the Florida D instead of using the pass game.

And no I'm not trying to "protect" Sam, Bob Stoops in big national title games in recent years has stunk it up.

Also speaking from his OU days, Sam and Jermaine Gresham were unstoppable. I don't understand since he came to the Rams why the TE is not used as the main passing target. Currently they have 2, and not only are they NOT the focal point, they aren't even being used the right way. It's a joke really. Use those TEs and then use Tavon who should be one on one. If a freakin internet fan like me can see that I don't know what the freak they can't.

Just looking at the play by play from that game they got the ball inside the redzone on 4 of 10 drives, 1 of the 4 were on run plays only, although Sam did get a TD pass on that drive. Another started at the Florida 26 (after a Tebow INT) and took 1 play to get into the red zone which was a 17 yard run, ended on a turnover on downs. The 3rd was a drive that started at the OU 20 saw Sam go 8-11 and ended with Major Wright intercepting Sam at the 3 and the 4th Sam went 3-4 with a TD pass. They also had a field goal blocked, but the attempt was 8 yards longer than any attempt that their kicker ever made.

The remaining 5 drives weren't even in FG territory.

So it's feasible that had Sam passed on the turn over on downs drive and the FG is made that the game goes to OT.