Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MDRams55

UDFA
Name
Josh
It kills me to say it but i am to the point of giving up on Bradford, yes we can say it doesn't help with the lack of a running game and having to throw on every down but I'm done making excuses I just don't think he can do it and until he proves me wrong I'm going to continue thinking that. And the more i think about it it pisses me off i have stood up for him for this long he really hasn't proved anything except for being a mediocre quarterback. I just want to hear anyone's opinion because after this game I have just given up hope and I am actually nervous about the Jaguars game next week.

FLramFAN

Rookie
I think Bradford is part of the problem. But...
When given time, he generally throws a good ball and finds an open target.
I think that since he's been in the pro game, he's been both taught to and forced to use check downs very quickly.
I'm still not seeing that he has any receivers that can create separation.
I'm still seeing guys drop balls that hit them right in the chest.
I think Bradford basically thinks he has to throw a perfect ball, every time, to have a chance to complete a pass.
He still doesn't have a receiver that he believes can win most battle to the ball if he just chucks it that guy's way.
If I had to keep one player from the Rams current offense, to start another team with, it would still be Bradford. But I'm not convinced that he's good enough to make up for weaknesses of any other position players like some QBs are.

Pho Kadat

Rookie
He made a number of bad decisions today, but unless there are guys running wide open off the screen that I'm not seeing, I don't think there's much else he can do. He does need to throw "taller" when there are guys in his passing lanes, and take a few more shots down field just to keep the safeties honest, but we're so one-dimensional and behind so often that its tea-time for pass rushers. There isn't time for plays to develop. Play a middle zone, rush four or five and that's all you need to defend this team right now.

I really couldn't tell you how much of the blame should get heaped on him or on the OC or the team as a whole. I'm inclined to believe its a mess top to bottom.

shake-n-bake

Rookie
I am not sure Sam has the IT. he has the skill set but I think in the NFL you need IT. Just like Tavon is learning college is not like the NFL. I think we could have a problem where Bradford was great in college but this is not that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
bluecoconuts said:
18 rush yards.

But yeah, it's clearly Bradford's fault he can't carry the team alone.

It's Bradford's fault that he can't do HIS job. It's a team game but Bradford is failing at his job too.

I'm done making excuses for him. I see him for what he is. He's a QB with incredible arm talent that lacks the field vision, aggressiveness and ability to read defenses needed to be great.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
shake-n-bake said:
I am not sure Sam has the IT. he has the skill set but I think in the NFL you need IT. Just like Tavon is learning college is not like the NFL. I think we could have a problem where Bradford was great in college but this is not that.

There's no such thing as an "it" factor. It's pretty easily identifiable what he lacks. He doesn't have the skill-set...at least not here, he doesn't.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
bluecoconuts said:
18 rush yards.

But yeah, it's clearly Bradford's fault he can't carry the team alone.
You got it blue since Bradford can't throw the ball run the ball and catch the ball it's all his fault. Oh and on another note since ya know Fisher can't run out and make a stop on def he needs to go to.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I still think this is knee-jerk reaction to a bad game. This loss and poor offensive outing isn't solely on Bradford by any stretch of the imagination. Did he have a good game? Oh hell no. But I'm gonna need to see more than a bad game or two in 4 games before I cash in my chips.

He needs to be in the gun 24/7, and he needs control of the plays. We're not doing anything with him that caters to his strengths. He's supposed to be one of the smarter QBs out there right now, and we're piping in shitty plays to him through his helmet. Fuck that. Let him take the reigns and THEN we can see if he's up to the challenge.

Please, folks. Don't get jaded so quickly. You really might live to regret it if he goes off this season, and some of you are way too smart to paint yourselves into a corner. I recommend staying completely objective on a game-by-game basis. But that's just me.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
FLramFAN said:
I think Bradford is part of the problem. But...
When given time, he generally throws a good ball and finds an open target.
I think that since he's been in the pro game, he's been both taught to and forced to use check downs very quickly.
I'm still not seeing that he has any receivers that can create separation.
I'm still seeing guys drop balls that hit them right in the chest.
I think Bradford basically thinks he has to throw a perfect ball, every time, to have a chance to complete a pass.
He still doesn't have a receiver that he believes can win most battle to the ball if he just chucks it that guy's way.
If I had to keep one player from the Rams current offense, to start another team with, it would still be Bradford. But I'm not convinced that he's good enough to make up for weaknesses of any other position players like some QBs are.

This.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
X said:
I still think this is knee-jerk reaction to a bad game. This loss and poor offensive outing isn't solely on Bradford by any stretch of the imagination. Did he have a good game? Oh hell no. But I'm gonna need to see more than a bad game or two in 4 games before I cash in my chips.

He needs to be in the gun 24/7, and he needs control of the plays. We're not doing anything with him that caters to his strengths. He's supposed to be one of the smarter QBs out there right now, and we're piping in crappy plays to him through his helmet. freak that. Let him take the reigns and THEN we can see if he's up to the challenge.

Please, folks. Don't get jaded so quickly. You really might live to regret it if he goes off this season, and some of you are way too smart to paint yourselves into a corner. I recommend staying completely objective on a game-by-game basis. But that's just me.
100 percent agree.

I said it before the season started this year we are probley a 6 to 7 win team.

iced

after watching 3 games of bradford in a row - this is not a knee jerk reaction..

I understand they're doubling Tavon - and maybe it's Schotty's play calling - but no matter how you slice it, he should have thrown like 4 picks tonight. His decision making was as bad as blaine gabberts.

The ball is never pushed down the field, nor does it seem like he truly goes through his progressions...always, always, a check down..and maybe that's a result of the talent at receiver?

All I know is bradford has seem reluctant to make plays and put the ball down the field - but he's not getting a whole lot of help from his coach and cast...but nor is he helping either; 3 bad games in a row for him

Pho Kadat

Rookie
HometownBoy said:
Saint Louis Rams: Where stellar QBs go to die since 2003.

This would imply that Bulger was a stellar QB, or that we've had anything resembling a stellar QB in that time.

moklerman

Warner-phile
X said:

He needs to be in the gun 24/7, and he needs control of the plays. We're not doing anything with him that caters to his strengths. He's supposed to be one of the smarter QBs out there right now, and we're piping in crappy plays to him through his helmet. freak that. Let him take the reigns and THEN we can see if he's up to the challenge.

But that's the problem, Fisher and Schottenheimer aren't going to change their stripes. It's Spagnuolo and Shurmur all over again. This team needs to be running the spread and stretching the field and instead, they're running 1 yard dive plays and 5 yard hooks.

Bad coaching is to not adapt to your personnel and that's exactly what they haven't done.

Between giving up last week and being a total embarrassment this week, I'm 99.9% done with Fisher. If he makes some changes I'll reevaluate but I didn't like him in Tennessee and I haven't really seen much since he's been with the Rams that's changed anything. I had high hopes that he could turn things around for the Rams but it really looks like he just took advantage of a last place schedule last year.

iced

Pho Kadat said:
HometownBoy said:
Saint Louis Rams: Where stellar QBs go to die since 2003.

This would imply that Bulger was a stellar QB, or that we've had anything resembling a stellar QB in that time.

he was in martz's offense.. several top 10 offenses under bulger, couple in top 5 - they put points up on the board, unlike this offense.