BRADFORD TRADED FOR FOLES (IN SUPER UPPER-CASE TO DETER DUPLICATE THREADS)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
I agree. Not impressed with the "extra compensation." This trade sounds like an NBA salary dump type deal where you screw yourself just to get rid of a player and his salary.
Reminds me of the Pronger trade.

Sure hope we don't end up with similar results.

Last edited:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I Just heard about the trade (working and don't get a lot of internet time). Polarizing as expected but I didn't expect this. Not a proud memeber right now but hey I get it people are hurt.
Good luck to both Nick and Sam, I hope you both stay healthy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I believe I read on Twitter the Eagles are trying to trade Bradford and #10 pick to Titans for #2 = Mariota to Eagles.

LOL the Titans have been interviewing Mariota, why the hell would they want a QB with a double bad knee? That would be crazy foolish. I hope the Eagles fly with Sam and let them walk the injury fence. Being in injury limbo really sucks and the Rams have had more than their fair share of it over the years.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
If it's just the swapping of picks, and they eat his cap it's not that bad imo. It's not like we're going to get Mariota or Winston anyway. I don't like losing the 2nd if that's true, though I'm hearing now it's conditional

Athos

Legend
There are busts at 10 and great players at 20. Trading down 10 spots doesn't resign you to a bad player, and picking at 10 doesn't guarantee you a stud either.

If Cooper, Peat, White, and a few other guys are sitting at 10, Snisher can go eat pavement.

V3

Hall of Fame
If one of the two WR's are there at 10, this place might blow up the server.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Though I am unsure about this trade, given the fact that it's still a new story, I think that it had to be done. Bradford has potential, but could never blossom into it, which gets us nowhere. It sucks to have to swap 1st rounders but to think we would get better picks out of this trade is insanity. Imagine someone trying to sell you a really expensive item that is "injury prone" and currently broken, but could "potentially" be valuable, you would want some compensation for that item right?

Athos

Legend
Look back on all of our drafts from this regime. How many times have we just screwed the pooch up to this point?
We'll get the talent we need. Give it time

That's not a ringing endorsement. You phrase it like that, and the Iggles could be benching us over the barrel AND Snisher choosing poorly at #20.

Imagine THAT hell.

joeyknish

UDFA
I agree. Not impressed with the "extra compensation." This trade sounds like an NBA salary dump type deal where you screw yourself just to get rid of a player and his salary.

You also get to see whick Nick Foles is for real, the one from 2013, or the one from 2014. Young quarterbacks can have inconsistencies. If he is Nicky Franchise, then the Rams are going to look pretty smart no matter what happens on the Eagles's end.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
If it's just the swapping of picks, and they eat his cap it's not that bad imo. It's not like we're going to get Mariota or Winston anyway. I don't like losing the 2nd if that's true, though I'm hearing now it's conditional
As soon as I heard that the Rams may have given up Bradford and their 2nd rounder I immediately thought we got raped by Philly. I hope it's just a conditional pick or this will be the first time I have truly questioned Snead and Fisher during the free agency/draft process.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It certainly can be if you're a skilled drafter.

So can dropping from #2 and #6. But you would be an absolute moron to do that without getting proper compensation.

I don't fucking care if we can still draft a good player. I care that we're getting fleeced in a trade if any of these reports are true.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
must become for taking Sammy's salary...ugh... Still as painful as this looks on the surface. I will wait to see what we do w/ extra cap space

Cut the guy then. His salary isn't guaranteed.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If one of the two WR's are there at 10, this place might blow up the server.
Lol, things will get ugly indeed. Part of me would quite like to see it, for the comedy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't care.

That 10 spot drop is worth more than a 2nd round pick.

It's not some trivial change.

Except NBA teams actually have to trade them to dump salaries. We could just cut Bradford.
Exactly. Which is why this move sucks unless this is a stepping stone for the Rams as well. I'm trying to remain calm because i don't like Foles in the first place. There has to be something more to this. Foles and Austin Davis hardly qualifies as QB competition.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Well, this must be what Fisher meant about not wanting to be the youngest team in the league again. We are just going to sign what we need and give all our damn draft picks away.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
So can dropping from #2 and #6. But you would be an absolute moron to do that without getting proper compensation.

I don't freaking care if we can still draft a good player. I care that we're getting fleeced in a trade if any of these reports are true.
You going to wait to see what we spend that cap on before losing it?