BRADFORD TRADED FOR FOLES (IN SUPER UPPER-CASE TO DETER DUPLICATE THREADS)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
What did we really give up? An expensive year of Bradford, and a 10 spot drop in the first round? Nobody knows what the comp pick is yet.

I'm going to hold off my judgement until I see what the FA return is.
We don't even know that. I will stop commenting until the details come in on which picks were traded. Everyone's assuming the 1st round picks were swapped. I don't believe that is true. If it is, well, that's workable too.

chicken-little--1024x576.jpg

Last edited:

V3

Hall of Fame
I just woke up to this...i'm dizzy. It tasted interesting at first, then i started to digest Foles and giving up more picks. Yuck.

I hope this move is a bridge to something more substantial.
Lol. I had the same roller coaster ride. At first, I thought it was solid. Then I heard we were getting picks. Hell YEAH! Then I heard we were swapping firsts and losing a 2nd. Total nut kick!

iced

What did we really give up? An expensive year of Bradford, and a 10 spot drop in the first round? Nobody knows what the comp pick is yet.

I'm going to hold off my judgement until I see what the FA return is.

10 spots and our 2nd rounder?

I feel like we just lost in divorce court and Bradford took way more than half our stuff

FRO

Legend
We now have a worse draft pick and a worse QB. Horrible. This is why the Rams are the Rams.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I'm at work right now and about to lose my shit. We gave them a fucking 2nd and we're swapping 1st??????????????????? Are they at least eating his salary this year???

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
That 10 spot drop in the first round is worth at least a 2nd round pick and could cost us a top tier talent.
There are busts at 10 and great players at 20. Trading down 10 spots doesn't resign you to a bad player, and picking at 10 doesn't guarantee you a stud either.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
We don't even know that. I will stop commenting until the details come in on which picks were traded. Everyone's assuming the 1st round picks were swapped. I don't believe that is true.

Even if 1st round picks are swapped, I'd make that trade all day long.
Me and Irish look to be the only Ram fans left after this trade.....

As long as it's not a second this year, and just swapping 1sts -- I'm good
That cap space is like 3 extra draft picks with experience that can really help this team

Irish

Starter
I'll give up two firsts and a freaking third for Mariota or Winston over this atrocity. Any day of the week.

Agreed.

Signed,

Brockers, Jenkins, Pead, Watkins, Ogletree, Bailey, Stacy, and Robinson

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
This all about the "we will not pick second again" quote. This is all b*ll*cks, top 10 talent is that. There's a big drop off from 10 to 20. You can get lucky, but you can be guaranteed a solid starter in the top 10! #worstdealever

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That 10 spot drop in the first round is worth at least a 2nd round pick and could cost us a top tier talent.
I agree. Not impressed with the "extra compensation." This trade sounds like an NBA salary dump type deal where you screw yourself just to get rid of a player and his salary.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ummmmmm wtf am I going to do with my ' In Bradford WeTrust' tat?
Always wear a shirt!

So where do I sell my Bradford jersey?

No one is going to want it :(
Use it to wash your car!

Talk about getting REALLY REALLY SCREWED!!! I hope someone got Kissed!!

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Les was apart of the crippling Falcons trade for Julio Jones was he not?. Maybe he isn't as smart as we thought? Or more reckless than we thought. I don't know.
What has he done to earn the 'smart' label? He fleeced the Skins, but lets be honest, those guys are thick as shit. Apart from that, he has not impressed me that much. Don't really want to go over his free agent and draft track record again, but it is not spectacular. Jeez...all you need to do is listen to his insane rambling during interviews.

Not sure about you guys, but I first started to lose faith in the FO after we prepared our whole future with Bradford at the helm and a spread out passing offense with Jared Cook, Austin, Bailey, Givens, an arthritic Jake Long at the blindside etc...and before you know it, we were leaning on a 5th round RB to shoulder the load and we had pulled a 180 and decided to be a run first team.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Not after that trade.

Scherff and Peat will be gone. La'el Collins is probably gone. Clemmings and Flowers could be gone. You've just priced yourself out of a draft class, while deep in o-line, is slim in very good o-line talent.

I can see it now.

"trade down for some good ole' quantity over quality."
Look back on all of our drafts from this regime. How many times have we just screwed the pooch up to this point?
We'll get the talent we need. Give it time

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With Sams knee he was a dead man walking. There is no telling if he can even play at full speed again(which was slow) and if he can play this year he is just another tap on the shoulder, a la Carson Palmer, away from another crippling injury.

Knees can also affect the back and throwing motion and psyche. Sam was broken and Fisher and Snead didn't keep Danny for the same reason and let SJ move on despite being the best back on the roster at the time because of age and injury. Trading/Cutting Sam fits right in with their attitude about having players on the field. I said it at the end of the season. Winning franchises would move on from Sam and losing ones would hang onto him in desperation. It is a hard pill to swallow but they had to do it, or be prisoner to Sams health, hoping and praying that he can hang on for an entire season every year. We did it with Setterstrom and it is a no win situation.

Think of the Cardinals this year. They kicked butt in the regular season and limped into the playoff picture without the guy that got them there. That would be the Rams every year that Sam was the QB. No thanks.

It is like getting out of a bad marriage. She might be hot and all but if it is just not working out you have to bite the bullet and do it.

I like the trade, just wish they hadn't swapped firsts. The cap savings is big for a little while anyway.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are busts at 10 and great players at 20. Trading down 10 spots doesn't resign you to a bad player, and picking at 10 doesn't guarantee you a stud either.

I don't care.

That 10 spot drop is worth more than a 2nd round pick.

It's not some trivial change.

I agree. Not impressed with the "extra compensation." This trade sounds like an NBA salary dump type deal where you screw yourself just to get rid of a player and his salary.

Except NBA teams actually have to trade them to dump salaries. We could just cut Bradford.

Athos

Legend
I believe I read on Twitter the Eagles are trying to trade Bradford and #10 pick to Titans for #2 = Mariota to Eagles.

If that happens.....Snisher can go bite me. That'd be sickening and the lost straw.