BRADFORD TRADED FOR FOLES (IN SUPER UPPER-CASE TO DETER DUPLICATE THREADS)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Wow. A lot of peeps losing their shit in here. I was shocked when I first heard about this trade, but the more I think about it...the more I like it. I still don't think we have seen the last of the QB drama here this year, but if we roll with Foles (I kinda like that, haha), I will be happy. the kid has shown that he can Ball out at this level. Why peeps keep screaming about Bradford being so much better is beyond me. Seriously...WHAT DO YOU BASE THAT ON???? Your "eye test"? Must be, because the difference in on field performance by the numbers is hardly subjective.....

V3

Hall of Fame
If we don't have to swap places in the 1st for them, I'm OK with this. Swap seconds or something and send them a conditional 2nd. I'd be fine with that.
I will be able to accept it. I still really don't like hearing we lost a 2nd. I wish we still had our 2nd from the Austin trade. We'd have Lacy or Warford.

fancents86

Starter
I'm confused as to why we would ask our qb who he would want as a Oc and then trade him?

I'm a big Bradford supporter, but I feel a lot of us were relying on hope for a great future for Bradford. Unfortunately hope is not a sure thing. Foles isn't exactly a sure thing but I find him similar to Bradford, less expensive, and although he's had his share of injuries, they're not as bad.

I hope we don't go for Mariota or Winston. That would be draft suicide considering how much we would have to give up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because you said so?

Which team are you working for these days?

Yes. Because I said so. If you don't like my opinion, use the ignore function. I don't need to work for a team to have an opinion on this forum.

RamBill

Legend
Gordon: Rams dump Bradford, upgrade with Foles
• By Jeff Gordon

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...tml_f253bc81-ae77-5cd6-88c9-645461b91925.html

Sam Bradford won't be a lame duck quarterback on a lame duck team this season.

He will be a Philadelphia Eagle instead. Or maybe a QB on a team to be announced.

After insisting again and again and again that Bradford was their guy, Jeff Fisher, Les Snead and Co. moved the oft-injured Bradford to Philly for Nick Foles -- who threw 27 touchdown passes and just two interceptions during an epic 2013 campaign.

Rams fans should love this deal. Bradford remained a huge injury liability after still another knee operation. He was heading into the walk (limp? hobble? stagger?) year of his onerous contract paying him $13 million for the coming season. Apparently his camp resisted reworking the deal, which was crazy.

Sure, he seemed better than any of the free agent options available this year -- but Bradford was certainly less appealing than Foles.

Foles suffered a broken clavicle and missed half the games last season. He is an iron man compared to Bradford, though, and he is still developing at the age of 26.

In 28 NFL games Foles has 46 TD passes, 17 interceptions and a 94.2 passer rating. In 18 games as a starter for Eagles coach Chip Kelly, he went 14-4.

He struggled enough last season, it seems, to convince coach Kelly that he didn't Eagles offensive scheme. Kelly's fascination with Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota is well-documented and he may yet act on that love.

Still, many NFL scouts hold Foles in high regard.

With Foles locked is as the Rams starter, Shaun Hill took his talents to the Twin Cities as the new back-up for the Minnesota Vikings on a two-year that could pay $7.5 million. For his sake, let's hope he is more careful with those slant passes at the goal line.

As for Bradford, he reunites, at least for the moment, with his first NFL offensive coordinator, Pat Shurmur. The memories!

"He's been extremely strong-willed and he's given it everything," Rams defensive end Chris Long said via Twitter. 'We will miss him. This team is primed to win NOW and I look forward to winning with Nick. You just never get used to seeing friends move on in this business."

But Mark Sanchez under contract for two years and $9 million in Philadelphia, Bradford may just be passing through.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I'm confused as to why we would ask our qb who he would want as a Oc and then trade him?

I'm a big Bradford supporter, but I feel a lot of us were relying on hope for a great future for Bradford. Unfortunately hope is not a sure thing. Foles isn't exactly a sure thing but I find him similar to Bradford, less expensive, and although he's had his share of injuries, they're not as bad.

I hope we don't go for Mariota or Winston. That would be draft suicide considering how much we would have to give up.

Maybe we assumed that QB would be willing to help the team out by taking a paycut?

Wonderboy

Rookie
I'm glad to hear we're not swapping firsts. But I also just saw an interesting note from Nick Wagner, that Bradford was part of the discussion to select the new OC and QB coach..... and now....... HE GONE!

Best of luck to you in Philly Sam.

Even better luck to Nick Foles wearing the Horns!

GO RAMS!

rdw

Pro Bowler
z49m6Lg.gif

JRobinson

MiLB
Some of you guys just need to relax a little bit. Especially until we know what the deal includes.

Let's just hang tight and support the team we love. If not, then find another squad. Some of us are in it for the long haul and life no matter what happens.

TexasRam

Legend
Even if we swapped firsts there will be big time talent...

Gurley, Gordon, Green Bekham. Marcus Peters devante pArker. List goes on.

V3

Hall of Fame

Just in case the trade couldn't get made.