Bradford to vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I did and it was a waste of time. Bradford is a better QB than Teddy and the only thing he can do is run a bit.

But Sam is lethal on the bootleg. Like I said, we'll see how Bradford adapts on a quality team with a top five D, a WR like Diggs, AP, and a user friendly O.

Queens O will be better than a Teddy O providing his acclimation goes smoothly.

And "average" is currently better than anything the Rams are throwing out there right now.

Um Sam isn't lethal at anything and never has been.

Don't you think it's telling that he has one of the lowest completion percentages 10 yards and under for the last two years?

Again, I don't get the love. Bulger was twice the QB Bradford was and never got anywhere NEAR the affection Bradford garners.

It's like he's the Rams Tebow.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They wouldn't overpay if they didn't think they were getting a good Qb.

They overpaid, and the GM who did the deal is on record saying that.

They overpaid, that's how it goes in the NFL when you lose your starting QB and have no backup. You get fleeced.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They overpaid, and the GM who did the deal is on record saying that.

They overpaid, that's how it goes in the NFL when you lose your starting QB and have no backup. You get fleeced.

i didn't say they didn't overpay. i said they wouldn't have overpaid if they didn't think they were getting a good qb.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If you were a GM and you felt like you had a one or two year window to win it all with your current team and lost your QB - would you give a 1 and a 4/3/2 (conditional) to get a starting caliber QB? I would. I don't blame either team here / Min did what they had to do - their star is only getting older. They had to get someone to help them win right now.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
So so far Bradford has gone for a 1st, 2nd, another 1st and a 4th rnd picks.
Coaches and GMS seem to like him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
i didn't say they didn't overpay. i said they wouldn't have overpaid if they didn't think they were getting a good qb.

They overpaid, they don't think they are getting a "good" QB, they know what Bradford is, and the GM

SAID THEY OVERPAID.

It isnt about getting a "good QB", Bradford is hardly that. They paid dearly for anything not named Sanchez.

This is obvious.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They overpaid, they don't think they are getting a "good" QB, they know what Bradford is, and the GM

SAID THEY OVERPAID.

It isnt about getting a "good QB", Bradford is hardly that. They paid dearly for anything not named Sanchez.

This is obvious.

This is what he said.

-------

I watched every game Sam played last year, and the last three games, I thought he was playing as well as anyone I saw last year. I don’t think he’s ever been on a team with a top10 rushing offense. With 28 [Adrian Peterson] in our backfield, playing at a high level, with the defense we have, Sam’s not gonna have to throw it 35 or 40 times every game. I know our coaches wanted him.

------

Sounds like he thinks he got a good qb.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
6f3686f9136a4cb99d6d706fb37adb91.png

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is what he said.

-------

I watched every game Sam played last year, and the last three games, I thought he was playing as well as anyone I saw last year. I don’t think he’s ever been on a team with a top10 rushing offense. With 28 [Adrian Peterson] in our backfield, playing at a high level, with the defense we have, Sam’s not gonna have to throw it 35 or 40 times every game. I know our coaches wanted him.

------

Sounds like he thinks he got a good qb.

he also said there was blood in te water and the price was inflated because of the need.

it's in the article he's directly quoted........do you think he is going to say Bradford's average........of course not even though he clearly has been his entire career.

FRO

Legend
Um Sam isn't lethal at anything and never has been.

Don't you think it's telling that he has one of the lowest completion percentages 10 yards and under for the last two years?

Again, I don't get the love. Bulger was twice the QB Bradford was and never got anywhere NEAR the affection Bradford garners.

It's like he's the Rams Tebow.
When did Bradford have anything near Holt, Bruce, Faulk, prime Jackson, Martz, (heck Linehan has been proven to be a good offensive mind, horrible coach). It takes a team to make a good offense. When you compare Bulger's 2009 to Bradford's 2010 (basically the same supporting casts) Bradford is better.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
he also said there was blood in te water and the price was inflated because of the need.

it's in the article he's directly quoted........do you think he is going to say Bradford's average........of course not even though he clearly has been his entire career.

everybody knows they overpaid. that's not being disputed.

my view is teams don't overpay draft picks for bad players. sure they throw money at them but never high draft picks. so by that standard they wouldn't have given up those draft picks if they didn't think he was a good qb.

and round and round we go.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
everybody knows they overpaid. that's not being disputed.

my view is teams don't overpay draft picks for bad players. sure they throw money at them but never high draft picks. so by that standard they wouldn't have given up those draft picks if they didn't think he was a good qb.

and round and round we go.
Bradford is kind of like Cutler.

Hear me out.

Coach after coach after coach thinks they can take Cutler's phenomenal arm and kind of settle him down to make him an elite well-rounded QB, but time and time again the same problems surface and you're left with a QB who has all the promise in the world, but not all of it ever comes out throughout the course of a season. Same thing with Bradford. Coach after coach after coach thinks they can take Sam's surgical short game and incorporate some other element into it to make him an elite QB, but not all of it ever comes out throughout the course of a season. Both of them are very good QBs (I don't think that's disputable), but neither of them lives up to their full promise. It's infuriating for fans and coaches alike.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I look forward to the day we as Rams fans like our team and quit talking about other teams and their draft picks except in GDT.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bradford is kind of like Cutler.

Hear me out.

Coach after coach after coach thinks they can take Cutler's phenomenal arm and kind of settle him down to make him an elite well-rounded QB, but time and time again the same problems surface and you're left with a QB who has all the promise in the world, but not all of it ever comes out throughout the course of a season. Same thing with Bradford. Coach after coach after coach thinks they can take Sam's surgical short game and incorporate some other element into it to make him an elite QB, but not all of it ever comes out throughout the course of a season. Both of them are very good QBs (I don't think that's disputable), but neither of them lives up to their full promise. It's infuriating for fans and coaches alike.

yes but cutler has had the benefit of being in the same offense for 2 or 3 years in a row. sam is yet to do that. now he has to learn a new scheme in 2 weeks. but at least he's on a good team now with a great offensive coach.

i think we can all agree if he screws up this one it's all over for him as a starting qb.

Ramatik

Starter
Yes he did, and Mark Sanchez was two tenths of one percent behind him in completion percentage which would have also been a team record.

I still don't understand why this guy gets so much love, he's average and frankly took a lot of money from the Rams and I wish they had moved on earlier.

It's Bulgers fault though really.

bulger really sucked.

KDS73

Rookie
So so far Bradford has gone for a 1st, 2nd, another 1st and a 4th rnd picks.
Coaches and GMS seem to like him.

Yep. And according to the Eagles' GM, "multiple teams" contacted them about acquiring him. Lucky for Sam that he seems to be much more highly thought of in NFL circles than he does on fan boards.