Bradford and Davis scenario next year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB direction would you want?

• Bradford and Davis

• First round QB and Davis

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
People probably need to start accepting that Sam Bradford and the Rams are done. Rams cannot afford to continue waiting for him unless he restructures at a low salary cap hit just to stay and be a backup or compete for the job. He's not gonna do that, I mean why would he? And the Rams aren't gonna want to keep him at $17 million or whatever.

Davis is auditioning for the Rams' long term job based on how well he played against Dallas. Their plan now hinges on how he plays.

At this point I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy watching him develop and keep my fingers crossed that this poor franchise hits the lottery one more time!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
People probably need to start accepting that Sam Bradford and the Rams are done. Rams cannot afford to continue waiting for him unless he restructures at a low salary cap hit just to stay and be a backup or compete for the job. He's not gonna do that, I mean why would he? And the Rams aren't gonna want to keep him at $17 million or whatever.

Davis is auditioning for the Rams' long term job based on how well he played against Dallas. Their plan now hinges on how he plays.

At this point I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy watching him develop and keep my fingers crossed that this poor franchise hits the lottery one more time!

If thats' the plan you better get Davis signed now ,cuz he a RFA after this year and if he lights it up for us we'll have to tender him pretty high

Athos

Legend
I'm just not sure Bradford will be a Ram anymore. Unfortunate. This was the first time he had a legit team behind him and he was crippled by some douche from Carolina. Tough love, but the way of the world.

I think we really need to see if there's a legit QB we can draft this year. Big boom, bust type maybe, that can ride the bench a year or two or three ala Rodgers, and really absorb and learn.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm just not sure Bradford will be a Ram anymore. Unfortunate. This was the first time he had a legit team behind him and he was crippled by some douche from Carolina. Tough love, but the way of the world.

I think we really need to see if there's a legit QB we can draft this year. Big boom, bust type maybe, that can ride the bench a year or two or three ala Rodgers, and really absorb and learn.
Then get ready to see him in a Patriot uni ,McDaniels will lobby for it and Brady is about done, Sam could sit or backup the whole year the next year he could wear a 10lb brace and still be as mobile as Brady

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I went other...Davis, 1st round pick & Bradford. Add Gilbert as the 4th and now you have depth at that position. Restructure Bradford I still believe in drafting a QB in the first round. I'm hoping for the Michigan State Field General, but IMHO the Rams still need to focus on that position come 2015.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I think we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves with all the Davis threads. I like AD, but lets be honest here. He has had one highly productive game in his career. One. He also threw 2 INTs including a pick 6 in that game....and we lost. I think he will get better with more reps and experience, but truthfully I am not expecting him to light the league on fire. I would be content with consistency and improvement throughout the year. That goes for the rest of the team as well for that matter.....

OkieRamFan

UDFA
Name
Harold
Sam will be in the last year of his current contract. His salary has already been factored in. I can't see this team just cutting him, if they do they will see him again on the opposite sideline. Think about the good teams out there with last contract veteran Quarterbacks. Denver, Dallas, Pittsburg, New England and Arizona. Anyone of those teams would love to pick up a ready to go starter like Sam, give him a redshirt year to learn the system then step right in.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I went other...Davis, 1st round pick & Bradford. Add Gilbert as the 4th and now you have depth at that position. Restructure Bradford I still believe in drafting a QB in the first round. I'm hoping for the Michigan State Field General, but IMHO the Rams still need to focus on that position come 2015.

Based on what is currently known as of Oct 4th, den, I think your strategy is the best.

But as others have said, it's waaaay too early to make accurate predictions. We will know infinitely more by season's end about our QB situation.

Like Merlin, I'm gonna just sit back and see how this Davis story unfolds. Could be a really fun ride, huh?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Could be a really fun ride, huh?

It could be a fun ride, but as a Ram fan I'm cautiously optimistic.....IMO even if Davis is the next Bob Waterfield I would still draft a signal caller early next season.

rams2050

Starter
I want to wait and see what Davis does for the rest of the season. If he does well, then I think it should be his job to lose. I would think Sam, if healthy (although who really knows), might be open to a restructuring of his contract. We still have Case Keenum and Gilbert as developmental QBs. I think we have quite a few options for next year right now, so why would we draft another QB who might turn out to be no better than what we already have?

Of course, that all hinges on how well Davis does and/or whether Bradford looks to be fully recovered by the beginning of next season. But if Davis does well, there will be a QB controversy. Not the least of which will be based upon the way the team seems to have really gravitated to Davis's onfield leadership. I realize, though, that that too could change if Davis starts stinking it up.

So, it really is too early to be asking or answering this question right now. We should do another poll after the 10th or 12th game when we all have a better idea of how the season has transpired, and how the QB play has developed -- or not -- along the way.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I'm sorry I don't want Bradford back, time to move on.
Stick with Davies and draft a beast of a QB in the first

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
1) Showcase Davis and/or Keenum in order to use as an asset in the offseason(unless one of them proves Kurt Warner-style that they're THE MAN).

2) Restructure or cut and re-sign Bradford in the offseason and bring him back under a prove it deal(No one else is going to pay him his last year at $16.5 cap hit). He will have to earn a starting QB job here.

3) Scout the QB's HARD.

4) Draft a rookie QB at or near the top of the draft using assets or whatever means available within reason(trade) to position ourselves to go get our guy.

5) Enter training camp with the QB position open to the rookie QB, Bradford and either Davis,Keenum or Gilbert depending upon who's still here.

Summary
If Bradford wins the job...GREAT! The rookie is the backup until he's either ready or Bradford gets hurt.
If the rookie wins the job...GREAT! We have a proven backup making an affordable salary who other teams might find interesting.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I actually would like both of them on the roster next year. Davis has played decent the past few weeks and has earned his roster spot. Bradford WHEN HEALTHY has proven to be an above average starter at the very least. I hope we're able to keep Sam here on a discounted deal while taking a QB high in the draft...ahem...Hundley...best guy starts

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'll still wait until the season plays-out to think about the QB position!
never-put-the-cart-before-the-horse.jpg
I'll also want to celebrate The Rams Winning Season 1st!!
1208.jpg
8B46BDEF23AAD39F95E3E52A90F23F.jpg
... Maybe Hang with some craz'd hotties! OOPS, now I'm putting the cart before the Horse!:LOL:

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I am sorry, but we don't need Bradford anymore, healty or not.Davis or not.We need to change page for a better future.Let's go with an other QB (Davis if he deserves the place)
This

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I'mUOTE="Thordaddy, post: 415730, member: 413"]Then get ready to see him in a Patriot uni ,McDaniels will lobby for it and Brady is about done, Sam could sit or backup the whole year the next year he could wear a 10lb brace and still be as mobile as Brady[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't bother me one bit if he was a pat. He's damaged goods we need to move on