Bradford and Davis scenario next year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB direction would you want?

• Bradford and Davis

• First round QB and Davis

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

moklerman

Warner-phile
in my opening post I simply stated Im not big on any of the QBs coming out next year and if Davis keeps playing solid he's a lock as a backup. so I simply wanted to know if people would like to see Bradford stay or go and draft 1st round QB etc. MY original question was very simple and I wasn't asking anyone to guess what will actually happen or any 'if' 'and' or 'buts' that might be involved. it was not an arbitrary post. just many of the responses
I'm sure most people considered this year as Bradford's make-or-break year but IMO, I'd still rather roll the dice on his health than roll the dice on a "less than Andrew Luck" type prospect.

I'd much, MUCH rather see the Rams spending first round picks on BPA instead of feeling obligated to draft whichever QB happens to fall to them. In particular, I'm not seeing any real blue-chippers at QB so far so the risk in any of the 2015 hypothetical choices being NFL capable is higher than the risk of Bradford getting hurt again IMO.

Bradford/Davis in 2015 is still my vote. For now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, as I said... if there's a guy the Rams feel they have to take, take him. I'm not sure there will be. I want options rather than have to keep ANOTHER high round pick on the bench... or worse, feel forced to play a guy when it becomes obvious he isn't going to pan out. I also don't want to feel that the Rams' season is over just because the starting QB went down.

Plus, it does seem we still have QB killing problems that we need to somehow find a solution for. I honestly don't know if we've adequately supported a QB since the GSOT days. Grabbing the hot new guy with our premium pick (man, am I going to miss not having 2 1st rounders any more...) might just result in a repeat of what happened with Bradford.

But I completely agree with your last line. The only way one can even respond to this thread is to make arbitrary assumptions that may end up having no connection to reality.

I think we're more or less past that point. Have some WRs. Have some TEs. Have some HBs. Working on the OL. This isn't the 09 Rams.

QB is a premium position. Your odds of finding a franchise QB with a non-premium pick just aren't high. But we'll see who is available.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is a franchise quarterback?

Is it one of those "you'll know it when you see it" things?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

That's a thought I often have too. We know there are very good and elite QBs in the league, but if that's what's meant by "franchise QB", then the best you can hope for in the draft is a POTENTIAL franchise QB.

Washington thought RGIII would be a franchise QB... and giving away a big part of the franchise's future for him is not looking like the brightest decision right now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

For me, it's one of the best QBs in the league. Generally, I'd say top 10. Although, in some years, it'll be less than 10 and some years, it'll be more than 10. Depends on how many very good/great QBs there are in the league.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
To me, a franchise QB, is a guy that almost every player, coach, and most fans, lol, trust and believe in, to make the right decision, every time....on and off the field. This player needs to be a leader, and possess the talent to be able to win consistently.

However, a team's franchise player isn't always the QB, and some teams don't have a franchise player, at all.