Bradford and Davis scenario next year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB direction would you want?

• Bradford and Davis

• First round QB and Davis

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
If Davis keeps preforming consistently (still have 6 division games to play) he should be an excellent backup next year thats the scenario I'm considering right now. It would be nice if Bradford could somehow restructure but either way. Is it worth giving Bradford that last shot considering the damage he could do with his arm next year the way the offense and receivers are playing right now. If he goes down so be it, enter Austin Davis and draft a franchise QB in 2016. Because right now I dont see much of a consensus on any of the QBs coming out next year.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Shoulda had a third option. Davis and first round pick other than QB. Am I wrong?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Why not Davis, Bradford, and first round QB? One out of three has to work right?

Philly5

Rookie
Unfortunately I think the clock will strike midnight on Davis in the next few weeks. Too much uncertainty with Bradford to even know if he will be an option. I doubt Fisher puts his year 4 fate in the hands of a rookie.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Other* Davis-starter 2014 and beyond no Bradford and no 1st rd QB. Yeah I said it... and that's because it will happen.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm with 'Thordaddy' on this! Way too early to tell!!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think if Bradford is a Ram next season he will no be relied upon to be the starter. He might be given an opportunity to compete against whoever else is brought in, but I'd find it extremely hard to believe they'd go into the season saying Bradford is the guy with his injury history at this point.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Sorry I cant go through another fluke injury with Bradford. They happen much to often for this young, talented upandcoming team. I think its the perfect time to bring in a good young kid and let him take over. This is no way of a bash to Bradford also, please dont take it like that. the kid has a hell of a arm with good accuracy but he just cant stay healthy. Very talented, So unfortunate!

Last edited:

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
If he reworks his contract, I would love to see Bradford back for cheap and competing against Davis. If Gunner Kiel comes out, then a three way battle royale would make it interesting next training camp...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Sorry I cant go through another fluke injury with Bradford. They happen much to often for this young, talented upandcoming team. I think its the perfect time to bring in a good young kid and let him take over. This is no way of a bash to Bradford also, please dont take it like that. the kid has a hell of a arm with good accuracy but he just cant stay healthy. So unfortunate!
Agreed. I wouldn't mind bringing Bradford back at a very reduced cost(possible, but hard), draft a QB in rounds 1-3, and let Brasford, Davis and the rook battle for starter. I don't care if the rook sits for a year or two or forever. That'd just mean that Branford or Davis is doing a good job. But the rook would be learning and not thrown into the fire in this scenario.

First things first, we see how Davis does then make some decisions based on that, then talk to Bradford agent. Regardless, we need to draft a QB, and not late like this past year.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Simba

Rookie
I am sorry, but we don't need Bradford anymore, healty or not.Davis or not.We need to change page for a better future.Let's go with an other QB (Davis if he deserves the place)

fearsomefour

Legend
Way too early. What we know of Davis is he has had two nice games. The "Cousins" game will likely come. How does he respond....what is his middle point going to be? Who knows.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
If I'm gm for a day lol....I sign Bradford to a contract extension..... reducing his salary. ....sign Davis to a contract extension. ...and go after Mariota in the draft.... make a question mark a strength.....at the most important position...... let them all complete for the starting job.....just an idea..... Go Rams..... ;)

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I didn't vote but if we can resign Bradford for peanuts, keep Davis to compete for the starting position (taking in account he keeps up his performance), AND Draft a 1st or 2nd round qb... I'll be good with it but one of the guys would be trade bait if every one comes out of preseason healthy

jjab360

Legend
I think bringing back Bradford on a reduced contract to compete with Davis (under the assumption he finishes the year well) for the starting job would be the best option. Drafting another high round QB would just be overkill, imo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Davis starts and Bradford heals. No way would I rush Sam into playing next year. If they keep him he has to back up and give his knee more time to heal.

After reading reports about poor prognostications with second ACL tears I would be fine giving up on Bradford and drafting a QB to backup Davis and compete with him.