Bradford and a rookie QB to be named later...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

reggae

Will be who the Rams go into next preseason with, competing for the starting job. I think Hill will be the third guy in that rotation, with AD fading into the abyss.

Fisher will still be the coach, and will have to draft a QB. It's slim pickings in FA for a QB. Seems like the smart move for Fisher, to let next year play out with Bradford and whoever the rookie is. IMO it's pretty obvious this will be the direction of the Rams next off season, why else would Bradford not be cut yet?

First 2 picks will be a QB and a WR with every other pick being a CB or OL help. I don't know if there is another Watkins in this draft, but if there is someone close, I hope we get him.
The chance of taking a WR in the first 2 round is right around 0%. If not less.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
It was said that ad is having a better year as Sam did his 1st (rookie) year. And you have to move on or at least restructure Sams contract because he has been hurt all but 1 season since being a ram. And the last 2 have been season ending injuries that were early in the season. If you are a betting man what are the odds that Sam will be healthy for a whole season... would u put money on it?

It would be bad business to bring Sam back as the starter with the Sam contract. The Raiders wouldn't even do that

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Agreed

Bradford, Davis (hopefully), and rookie.

I would happily go into next season with Bradford (restructured contract obviously), Davis and Gilbert as our QBs.

We need to draft interior O lineman and get that fixed as well as adding some parts to the D and then do a proper assessment of the QB situation in advance of the 2016 season. I know its not particularly exciting and we're all tired of rebuilding but I don't want short term decisions made at the expense of long term sustainable success

Philly5

Rookie
People need to look at the situation from the perspective of Fisher and Snead. Year 4 will be a must win or be gone year. No excuses about injuries, being young, or the schedule will cut it. IMO that means they either roll the dice on Bradford again or go out and pay for a veteran type like Cutler. Back ups and rookies will not get it done at QB in 2015.

Bradford behind our current weak OL would be scary.

jap

Legend
Not very many people were saying Sam is just another guy after his first 6-7 games. Davis is having a better year so far than SB did in his 1st year. Think about that for a second before throwing in the towel on the guy.

AD has much better receivers, and, even as bad as they have been this year, AD has a better OL.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
Look, in my opinion, should restructure the contract of Bradford and keep AD as a backup. Solidify the offensive line in the first round of next year, and one Safety in the second round. Perhaps B. Jones play well this year and stay as our Center. I doubt Amari Cooper or Kevin White will be available for our picks in the second round. I believe that with Sam Bradford our WR's will play much better than this year.
SB8 is still my qb. I do not think there's anyone better than him in the next draft. Even if he is hurt, I still think he is better than the others (rookies in 2015).My hope is that he fully recover until the start of next season. If we solidify the OL, everything will be fine.

hugs and go rams!

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was said that ad is having a better year as Sam did his 1st (rookie) year. And you have to move on or at least restructure Sams contract because he has been hurt all but 1 season since being a ram. And the last 2 have been season ending injuries that were early in the season. If you are a betting man what are the odds that Sam will be healthy for a whole season... would u put money on it?

It would be bad business to bring Sam back as the starter with the Sam contract. The Raiders wouldn't even do that
If he's cut, he's going somewhere else. Could the Rams live with seeing another QB move onto Arizona and succeeding?

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Call me crazy but keeping the feeble Snapford #8n't is the best option while we commit the first TWO picks to oline. Why destroy another qb with inept protection.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If he's cut, he's going somewhere else. Could the Rams live with seeing another QB move onto Arizona and succeeding?

Why do you keep mentioning AZ? Palmer is playing well why would they be interested in Bradford right now? Buffalo or the Jets would be a better place for him........ I'm sure he's not going to want to sit for a year or two in Arizona waiting for Palmer to either finally break down and retire or just decline enough to be benched.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Not a reach imo if Mariota or Winston are available. I'd jump at the opportunity to take either one. As much as i'd like a top WR, I just don't see the position as a top need, ... would prefer to draft a Center like Dismukes in the 2'nd if we can make it happen.

I'd be quite comfortable heading into 2015 with a starting OL consisting of :

LT - Robinson
LG - Jones
C - Dismukes
RG - Saffold
RT- Barksdale
No way do they roll with Jones at guard unless it's absolutely necessary, he just won't be any good for our running game is my fear.

We'll get to see what Barnes can do at center, and hopefully he does impress. Not to say that spending a high draft pick on a guy like Dismukes won't or shouldn't happen. But just to say that I don't think that a rookie center will start for Fisher on day one. And if Barnes can't do it, I think they'll probably go with a veteran center, be that Wells or someone else.

But, I think we should also draft another tackle with our first, with an eye to backing up Saffold as a tackle/guard, and I think they'll bring in another veteran guard for insurance. This being a Fisher team, I really think one of the first two rounds will go to the defense and it won't necessarily be to a perceived need by us fans.

I am of course fine with them starting with Davis and Hill, though I really wouldn't be surprised if they stick with Bradford. 2016, to me is the year that they draft a quarterback with their first and then another guard with their second.

So much depends on how this season unfolds. How well does Barnes, Davis and Joseph play. They want a healthy, stable offensive line yesterday no matter how they get it.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
If this happens this regime is clearly not fit for command.
There is no way that this can happen in 2015.
I want Bradford to rehab(again), return, compete for the starting QB job with a drafted rookie, Hill, Davis...whomever, but he MUST take a pay cut to stay here. This organization can longer afford(literally) to keep Sam considering the injuries and current question marks.

It is smart business to restructure/cut & re-sign Bradford on a one year prove it deal. Sam no longer has any leverage. Not in St Louis. Not anywhere. He's now one of those talented, unproven guys you take a flyer on.

I know Bradford can play QB in this league and excel. It kills me to watch what has happened to such a talented, good guy, but Fisher/Snead can no longer go into a season with the mantra of "Sam is our QB." We have no franchise QB right now. Sam is going to have to work even harder, realize that the salary is an issue, compete and make good to get back to that status.
That's interesting, and I kind of think that's almost Kroenke's decision to roll the dice or not on Sam's current contract. As it is, I think they won't be on the hook for anything to Jake Long? I'm not a cap guru and I have no idea what they're up against or how offended Kroenke is at Sam's cost/benefit ratio.

The reason why I think they may stick with Bradford is that, in the coach and general manager's perspective, they really need to put together a winning season next year. And the crazy thing is that I have no idea how much they'll pay Sam because I actually suspect that there are and have been a lot of teams willing to roll the dice on Sam, just waiting for us to let him walk.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Call me crazy but keeping the feeble Snapford #8n't is the best option while we commit the first TWO picks to oline. Why destroy another qb with inept protection.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion but your consistent use of "Snapford" is completely unnecessary @StlRams99 .

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I would happily go into next season with Bradford (restructured contract obviously), Davis and Gilbert as our QBs.

We need to draft interior O lineman and get that fixed as well as adding some parts to the D and then do a proper assessment of the QB situation in advance of the 2016 season. I know its not particularly exciting and we're all tired of rebuilding but I don't want short term decisions made at the expense of long term sustainable success

We can never have enough linemen. Im hoping we sign one (fingers crossed on durability), and draft a couple in the secon AND third round. GRob and Barks are the only durable OL'men we have. I don't see how we can part with Sam.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I've always been a big fan of Bradford, but at this point, I think it would be best for both him and the Rams to part ways. Maybe a new, fresh start will help both. I see us drafting a QB with our first round pick, that will obviously be in the top 10 - and I see it being either Mariota or Winston.

fastcat

Pro Bowler

Personally Im not opposed to having SB back even tho I question his intangibles between the ears. He is the best qb arm talent wise we have but he isn't durable. If it was my money (my business) I would try to restructure Him but it isn't solely our choice for him to return in that situation.. he would have to want to be here and accept a major pay cut to continue to work for my company. As a business owner you have to make that gamble and if he doesn't accept he must go... nothing personal it's busniess

Btw was it the Same doctor that repaired both SB and Jake longs knee? If so he should be sued for negligence and malpractice