Bradford and a rookie QB to be named later...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher will have to be in win now mode going into next year. Is there any QB in next years draft that is that Andrew Luck level as a prospect? I don't see anyone as that sure fire guy.

Very good point!

If one of the - if not the - most important positions on the team is up in the air in 2015, I don't know how Jeff Fisher will be able to sleep at night.

I'm not sure what the final record will be this year, but I'm thinking it won't be more than about 5 wins.

That means he will only have next year to get above .500 at the least.

Doing that with a question mark at QB seems scary.

Ramathon

..... We have to start getting people in here that we can count on to stay healthy. .....

Can't be done. Injuries are just totally non-predictable. You could draft nothing but players who have never missed a practice rep or a single down of real games and they get here and just turn into an injury machine. Same with FA's.

And it could just as easily be that Bradford will play another 10 yr and never have so much as a hangnail the rest of his career.

Ramathon

Not a reach imo if Mariota or Winston are available. I'd jump at the opportunity to take either one. ....

As of today, I wouldn't touch Winston with a 10ft pole. The kid is just grossly immature and a suspension waiting to happen. He's the very definition of 'young and dumb'.

That said, he is young and maybe will grow out of his shenanigans, but no way I'd risk a high 1st round pick on him today.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
As of today, I wouldn't touch Winston with a 10ft pole. The kid is just grossly immature and a suspension waiting to happen. He's the very definition of 'young and dumb'.

That said, he is young and maybe will grow out of his shenanigans, but no way I'd risk a high 1st round pick on him today.
If Mariota is gone and Winston is sitting there when we draft, the Rams will be hard pressed to avoid such a talent. Unless he is about to be charged with a crime, I take him and don't look back. jmo.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Very good point!

If one of the - if not the - most important positions on the team is up in the air in 2015, I don't know how Jeff Fisher will be able to sleep at night.

I'm not sure what the final record will be this year, but I'm thinking it won't be more than about 5 wins.

That means he will only have next year to get above .500 at the least.

Doing that with a question mark at QB seems scary.

Aren't all of the Rams QB options question marks at this point?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If Mariota is gone and Winston is sitting there when we draft, the Rams will be hard pressed to avoid such a talent. Unless he is about to be charged with a crime, I take him and don't look back. jmo.

When taking a short glance @ the three top teams that need a QB now & in 2015.....Tampa Bay, St Louis & Tenn would be my top three. Currently both the Bucs & the Titans will draft before us.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2015/QB

I am sure that discussions like this are on the horizon in here @ this great site.....but I will say this .....Brains do finally grow in evidently & some do mature very slow ....but Winston is one heavy duty tough kid who is over 6-4 235 pounder may be the only QB in this 2015 class that could survive here in StLouis with our OL. I would NOT pass on him if it were up to me. Rams are in no position to get to that picky.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1998197/jameis-winston

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
But how can we be sure he isn't about to be charged?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
But how can we be sure he isn't about to be charged?

Well, the NFL is well known for pretty thorough investigations of draft picks, especially 1'st rounders. I believe its been near 2 years since he was accused of rape, ... and no charges filed, either criminal or civil as far as I understand. The only witnesses i've heard about have sided with Winston, so unless new information is made available, where can you go with this ... ?
Obviously anyone can be accused of or charged most anytime with anything, but someone at the NFL level eventually will decide if the guy is worth taking the next step over. If the guy is a proven dirtbag, I don't want him either, but the emphasis should be on the word 'proven'. Lets not classify him as we would a Ray Rice or Michael Vick without a little more information. jmo.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If the guy is a proven dirtbag, I don't want him either, but the emphasis should be on the word 'proven'. Lets not classify him as we would a Ray Rice or Michael Vick without a little more information. jmo.
Good point on the rest of it... but on this one, the whole concept of having to "prove" he's a dirtbag really isn't relevant to the conversation here. Proof is for courts with subpoena powers.

Without proof, could he still be a dirtbag? Sure. Even without being a rapist, the evidence seems pretty strong he's a dirtbag. That shows to me that at best, he'd be a distraction.

We may not have 4 Pillars anymore, but character is still an important thing, and teams that ignore it are perennial bottom feeders... and yes, even worse than we already seem to be.

I'm just saying no.