Bradford and a rookie QB to be named later...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
Will be who the Rams go into next preseason with, competing for the starting job. I think Hill will be the third guy in that rotation, with AD fading into the abyss.

Fisher will still be the coach, and will have to draft a QB. It's slim pickings in FA for a QB. Seems like the smart move for Fisher, to let next year play out with Bradford and whoever the rookie is. IMO it's pretty obvious this will be the direction of the Rams next off season, why else would Bradford not be cut yet?

First 2 picks will be a QB and a WR with every other pick being a CB or OL help. I don't know if there is another Watkins in this draft, but if there is someone close, I hope we get him.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I like Sam as a person, but I'm not gonna lie, I'd be disappointed if he's a ram next year, time to move on mate... No hard feelings

Alan

Legend
I don't know what the right move is at QB but I do know that Sam is head and shoulders above anybody else we've seen with the Rams since Bulger. When healthy.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Every week I say that I need to see more from Austin Davis, I still the say the same thing. I wish he would have had me as a full backer by now(I always back and support the rams, but you know what I mean), have more of my confidence might be a better way to put it. I've seen some good, some bad, and some ugly. I wouldn't expects any QB to have won that game for us after a certain point, but he made some silly mistakes that I've seen before. I'd still start him the rest of the year to see if it clicks for him, but.....

if Bradford was healthy, I'd put him in next week without hesitation.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm with the OP. Sam is a CAP casualty waiting to happen. After he's cut, attempt to re-sign him to a two year contract at a much reduced rate. Draft the best available QB in 2015. Hopefully Sam rehabilitates his body and reputation next year and we can recover some of his costs by trading him prior to the 2016 season, right about the time our drafted QB is ready to start. jmo.

V3

Hall of Fame
So they go into next year with a rookie QB and no one behind him other than Shaun Hill?
Davis is capable of being a backup QB. All a backup QB is supposed to be able to do is give your team a chance for a short stretch of games. If you're using your backup QB for more than that, you're in trouble. Davis has shown he can be effective for at least a short stint.

Also, if they take a QB at the top, he's going to most likely be starting so why do we need more than a backup for him?

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm with the OP. Sam is a CAP casualty waiting to happen. After he's cut, attempt to re-sign him to a two year contract at a much reduced rate. Draft the best available QB in 2015. Hopefully Sam rehabilitates his body and reputation next year and we can recover some of his costs by trading him prior to the 2016 season, right about the time our drafted QB is ready to start. jmo.
Here's my question. What QB do you take? We will likely be a top 5 picks. Wouldn't taking a QB in that range be a reach? Maybe trading down and getting someone else? Or getting a guy in. The second round. Then use that top pick on Cooper from bama.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Have we given up on AD? He's basically a rookie out there. He's WAY exceeding any expectations that we could have of him.

Name
JP
Davis is capable of being a backup QB. All a backup QB is supposed to be able to do is give your team a chance for a short stretch of games. If you're using your backup QB for more than that, you're in trouble. Davis has shown he can be effective for at least a short stint.

Also, if they take a QB at the top, he's going to most likely be starting so why do we need more than a backup for him?

Fisher will have to be in win now mode going into next year. Is there any QB in next years draft that is that Andrew Luck level as a prospect? I don't see anyone as that sure fire guy.

Name
JP
Have we given up on AD? He's basically a rookie out there. He's WAY exceeding any expectations that we could have of him.
He is what he is. He put up nice numbers vs bad defenses, and has struggled vs good defenses. I'd be okay with him still being on the roster. But not as "the guy" going into next year.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
IMO the chances are a lot higher that Hill will not be on this roster next year. Davis has shown that he can be at the very least a capable backup who could come in and play a few games if need be. Plus he is young with room to improve his game and is a lot cheaper. Barring an absolute complete collapse by Davis, he will be here next year. I like Bradford a lot but I feel the best thing for both parties will be to go their separate ways. We have to start getting people in here that we can count on to stay healthy. Bradford, Long and Wells are injury liabilities that this team can't afford anymore. It's a shame it hasn't worked out for Bradford here but he can't be counted on to be on the field.

V3

Hall of Fame
Fisher will have to be in win now mode going into next year. Is there any QB in next years draft that is that Andrew Luck level as a prospect? I don't see anyone as that sure fire guy.
I guess I see your point with Fisher. I'll be pissed if they go into full desperation mode instead of doing what's best for the long(er) term future of the Rams.

I personally think Winston could be pretty damn good. I just don't think the Rams will get him because teams like the Bucs, Jets, etc will be picking before us.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Will be who the Rams go into next preseason with, competing for the starting job. I think Hill will be the third guy in that rotation, with AD fading into the abyss.

Fisher will still be the coach, and will have to draft a QB. It's slim pickings in FA for a QB. Seems like the smart move for Fisher, to let next year play out with Bradford and whoever the rookie is. IMO it's pretty obvious this will be the direction of the Rams next off season, why else would Bradford not be cut yet?

First 2 picks will be a QB and a WR with every other pick being a CB or OL help. I don't know if there is another Watkins in this draft, but if there is someone close, I hope we get him.

Could be, rfip2. Who knows?

Good to see you posting, btw.

Two questions for you...

Do you see Bradford coming back at his presently scheduled salary? You made no mention of a salary reduction. I really don't see him back without a significant reduction, myself.

The other thing is do you feel Bradford can play next year? Some medical opinions that 18 months are necessary after a player has suffered a 2nd ACL have been posted. If he can't play until '16, what are his chances of being a Ram next year, really?

Name
JP
I guess I see your point with Fisher. I'll be pissed if they go into full desperation mode instead of doing what's best for the long(er) term future of the Rams.

I personally think Winston could be pretty damn good. I just don't think the Rams will get him because teams like the Bucs, Jets, etc will be picking before us.
I am with you on Winston. I think I like his talent more than anyone in this draft. But so many off the field questions scare me.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think he has the rest of the season to prove what he is, a starter, a backup, or out of the league.