Bradford and a rookie QB to be named later...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
The fact that our OL has been in shambles since 2007 makes it impossible to evaluate any quarterback.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
For the same reason we've had two quarterback injuries and may have another quarterback injury this year with this bad offensive line.

fearsomefour

Legend
There would be no reason to dumb Davis. He is at worst a solid back up guy and would be less expensive than Hill, at least on a short term deal.

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why do you keep mentioning AZ? Palmer is playing well why would they be interested in Bradford right now? Buffalo or the Jets would be a better place for him........ I'm sure he's not going to want to sit for a year or two in Arizona waiting for Palmer to either finally break down and retire or just decline enough to be benched.
I keep saying it because Palmer has missed half of this season already. He's pretty close to retiring.

ausmurp

Starter
First 2 picks will be a QB and a WR with every other pick being a CB or OL help. I don't know if there is another Watkins in this draft, but if there is someone close, I hope we get him.

His name is Amari Cooper and he's WAY better than Watkins. He's of the AJ Green/Julio Jones mold. But he'll be a top 3 pick as long as he shows well in the combine...

ram007

Starter
I keep saying it because Palmer has missed half of this season already. He's pretty close to retiring.

He seems to have a team that believes in him and an OC in Arians who is top 10 in the league in play calling and Palmer is only 34. Why do you think he is retiring? just wondering.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why do you keep mentioning AZ? Palmer is playing well why would they be interested in Bradford right now? Buffalo or the Jets would be a better place for him........ I'm sure he's not going to want to sit for a year or two in Arizona waiting for Palmer to either finally break down and retire or just decline enough to be benched.
Lol. Such a great point. Palmer is only 34, probably has 2-3 decent seasons ahead of him.

Ramatik

Starter
Call me crazy but keeping the feeble Snapford #8n't is the best option while we commit the first TWO picks to oline. Why destroy another qb with inept protection.
This doesn't make sense.

And I don't like your name calling.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He seems to have a team that believes in him and an OC in Arians who is top 10 in the league in play calling and Palmer is only 34. Why do you think he is retiring? just wondering.
Palmer has only missed 4 games due to injury in the last 6 seasons (3 this year) and yet he's somehow more of an injury risk than Bradford who's missed 22 games in 4+ seasons?

moklerman

Warner-phile
A team desperate for a QB that I think would pursue/take a chance on Bradford is Tennessee. Whisenhunt is fanatical about his QB not making mistakes and one thing Bradford has always been good at is not turning the ball over.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A team desperate for a QB that I think would pursue/take a chance on Bradford is Tennessee. Whisenhunt is fanatical about his QB not making mistakes and one thing Bradford has always been good at is not turning the ball over.
Watch him sign a low $$ deal to sit on the bench behind Manning in Denver. And its possible he hangs them up this year if they win the SB

moklerman

Warner-phile
Watch him sign a low $$ deal to sit on the bench behind Manning in Denver. And its possible he hangs them up this year if they win the SB
I don't know. Seems like they're okay with Osweiler as the backup/future(for now).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know. Seems like they're okay with Osweiler as the backup/future(for now).
I dont think Osweiler is the contigency plan, I dont think they have one. There gonna ride the Manning bus as long as it takes them. And then figure it out when he's gone

moklerman

Warner-phile
I dont think Osweiler is the contigency plan, I dont think they have one. There gonna ride the Manning bus as long as it takes them. And then figure it out when he's gone
Barring injury, they shouldn't have to deal with it for a couple of years at least so I don't blame them. No one's going to replace Peyton once he's gone so it's wasted resources trying to plan for that contingency. Like you say, they're just going to have to react once they don't have a choice.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barring injury, they shouldn't have to deal with it for a couple of years at least so I don't blame them. No one's going to replace Peyton once he's gone so it's wasted resources trying to plan for that contingency. Like you say, they're just going to have to react once they don't have a choice.
Totally agree. I just have a feeling Bradford is going to end up on a surprise team, and was just throwing the idea out there.
Maybe Shottenheimer will get a HC job and Bradford will follow him to that team... Probably should have used blue font on that one....

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
He is what he is. He put up nice numbers vs bad defenses, and has struggled vs good defenses. I'd be okay with him still being on the roster. But not as "the guy" going into next year.

I can accept that. I just hope we don't still think Bradford is "the guy". I'm all for drafting a QB high and having the three of them compete in camp. The only problem is that Bradford looks really good in shorts - and that hasn't translated to date for whatever reason.