Book: Bernie Kosar's Slurred Speech Resulted from Painkillers Browns Gave Him

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I still disagree, but it's your board.

The board doesn't belong to me it belongs to Phx who sets the rules. If you have anything else to say to me please do it through pm's. This thread has been derailed enough already.

crazyhorns

Rookie
I'd say it is more like the bartender given his employee free drugs so that the employee can work hard and longer, therby generating more profit for the bartender, all the while telling the employee that the drugs arer harmless.

I like the free drugs analogy but it's still a choice. I've been offered drugs for free many times in my life and I had to make a choice. I'm sorry but it's not like these guys were born in a generation where you did not understand that all medications have side effects and it was known then that pain medication was addictive. Bernie was a QB in the NFL he had to be somewhat intelligent and he made the choice. I've never played in the NFL and I understand that most of the players would do just about anything to stay on the field. Maybe I am being tough but I believe in free choice and living with the consequences whether good or bad.

the biggest challenge of todays youth is the lack of accountability IMHO. When I see things like this it just makes understand why things are the why they are.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I like Bernie's daughter way better than him. Lexxi Silver rules, Bernie drools.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I like the free drugs analogy but it's still a choice. I've been offered drugs for free many times in my life and I had to make a choice. I'm sorry but it's not like these guys were born in a generation where you did not understand that all medications have side effects and it was known then that pain medication was addictive. Bernie was a QB in the NFL he had to be somewhat intelligent and he made the choice. I've never played in the NFL and I understand that most of the players would do just about anything to stay on the field. Maybe I am being tough but I believe in free choice and living with the consequences whether good or bad.

the biggest challenge of todays youth is the lack of accountability IMHO. When I see things like this it just makes understand why things are the why they are.
I guess my point is that we are regularly deceived. And this applies to ALL OF US. So, are we to blame for the deceptions that didn't uncover. In a way, yes. We should be smarter. On the other hand, there is a large machine with lots of money behind it that is dessigned to keep us deceived.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I feel sorry for Bernie (actually, both Bernies :)).

They seem to need help but are unable to get it.

Could he have put things in a much better way? More professionally? Sure.

But, the essence of what he was saying (Clemens wasn't a good QB... our WRs weren't good, etc)... that seemed accurate at the time.

Having said that, Clemens surprised a lot of fans once he got in there (myself included).

So, stick it, Bernie!! just kidding... I still feel sorry for him.