Book: Bernie Kosar's Slurred Speech Resulted from Painkillers Browns Gave Him

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
They do it all the time. We see athletes routinely seek out a second opinion from a physician outside the team facility.
Yeah, for major surgery related to them potentially not playing or having to retire. How many times do we hear about someone turning down a magic pill that will get them back on the field?

moklerman

Warner-phile
It doesn't matter whether or not you THINK you have a reason for it, which is why you keep misstating what I'm saying as labeling without justification (which you don't have, but that's not relevant to what's really being said here.)

The rule here is that arguments are not supposed to be about other posters. No matter how much justification you think you have for it, calling other people homers is making the argument about another poster. Whether or not someone is a homer is irrelevant to the issue at hand.

But I'm tired of arguing this, so if you still refuse to get it, it doesn't seem anything I say will make a difference.
<sigh>What's to argue when you won't even accept the definition of a word?

Also, I think you're a bit confused. The decorum here is to not attack someone personally. Which I haven't. Which is beside the point that you keep taking homerism as an attack, but I digress.

The bottom line is, you're trying to argue that Rams fans are offended by Kosar's (alleged) unprofessionalism and not because of their own homerism. I call BS.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
<sigh>What's to argue when you won't even accept the definition of a word?

Also, I think you're a bit confused. The decorum here is to not attack someone personally. Which I haven't. Which is beside the point that you keep taking homerism as an attack, but I digress.

The bottom line is, you're trying to argue that Rams fans are offended by Kosar's (alleged) unprofessionalism and not because of their own homerism. I call BS.
The definition of homerism isn't the issue. The issue is that you're applying a label to fellow posters in order to advance your argument by implying something is wrong with them for having the feelings they have. Whether or not you view it as "really" a personal attack is not the issue either. If you don't have an argument without having to label fellow posters, you don't have an argument.

As to the summary of my argument here, you're completely wrong. I suspect most fans are in my boat, where they're angry about both the unprofessionalism he was disciplined for AND for attacking Rams player. That doesn't make anyone a "homer" or any other label you care to put on them.

I've asked you politely to stop making arguments be about other fans and focus them on the issue (which, in this case, is Bernie) instead. Will you or will you not agree to my request?

moklerman

Warner-phile
The definition of homerism isn't the issue. The issue is that you're applying a label to fellow posters in order to advance your argument by implying something is wrong with them for having the feelings they have. Whether or not you view it as "really" a personal attack is not the issue either. If you don't have an argument without having to label fellow posters, you don't have an argument.

As to the summary of my argument here, you're completely wrong. I suspect most fans are in my boat, where they're angry about both the unprofessionalism he was disciplined for AND for attacking Rams player. That doesn't make anyone a "homer" or any other label you care to put on them.

I've asked you politely to stop making arguments be about other fans and focus them on the issue (which, in this case, is Bernie) instead. Will you or will you not agree to my request?
I think I've made my position as clear as it's going to get and you choose to keep focusing on other things. I think we're done here.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
So now you are telling me there is no such thing as personal responsibility?

Must be nice to ingest a bunch of drugs and then blame your problems on the world.

You will have to excuse me while I go get fucked up.
you are consuming things everyday that u think are good for u but are actually deadly. u think u are doing the right thing but u are actually being deceived. when u get sick, is it going to be ur fault? r u saying those that deceived have no responsibility?

and when I say "u", I mean the proverbial you, as in all of us.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
There is an option here for every member who comes across a post they don't like - it's called the inappropriate option. Click it and if enough members do the same, that post will be deleted. Please leave the rest of the moderation and/or scolding to the moderator team. Thanks.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
There is an option here for every member who comes across a post they don't like - it's called the inappropriate option. Click it and if enough members do the same, that post will be deleted. Please leave the rest of the moderation and/or scolding to the moderator team. Thanks.
It does have a fundamental flaw in that likes can cancel out inapprorpriates though.

I'd just like an answer to this... even if I don't particularly like being called a "homer" for having a different opinion than someone else, I'm not allowed to say anything about it?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It does have a fundamental flaw in that likes can cancel out inapprorpriates though.

I'd just like an answer to this... even if I don't particularly like being called a "homer" for having a different opinion than someone else, I'm not allowed to say anything about it?

You already did over and over and over again.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
how come there is no inappropriate button ur posts? ;)

Boffo97

Name
Dave
You already did over and over and over again.
I think you know what I meant.

If this kind of labeling is okay, then I really don't know why there's even a policy that we're supposed to attack the argument and not the poster, which is a direct quote from you, if attacking the poster is okay as long as you think you're justified and what you said is "really not all that bad".

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
what's wrong with being a homer? Call me a homer, i dare you, and i'll say thank you :)

Boffo97

Name
Dave
what's wrong with being a homer? Call me a homer, i dare you, and i'll say thank you :)
Sure, but other labels you might not like so much. I just thought the rule was to keep the focus on the argument rather than labeling other posters, and I would just like some clarification here.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I think you know what I meant.

If this kind of labeling is okay, then I really don't know why there's even a policy that we're supposed to attack the argument and not the poster, which is a direct quote from you, if attacking the poster is okay as long as you think you're justified and what you said is "really not all that bad".

Personally I'm proud to be a homer - one who sides with his team above all others. Therefore the term "homerism" is not offensive to me. In the post in question it says...

"I'm still a bit surprised at the lengths some fans will take homerism."

Nowhere are you or is anyone else attacked personally. Btw why is it that no one, not one single member including you, has clicked the inappropriate button on that post?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Personally I'm proud to be a homer - one who sides with his team above all others. Therefore the term "homerism" is not offensive to me. In the post in question it says...

"I'm still a bit surprised at the lengths some fans will take homerism."

Nowhere are you or is anyone else attacked personally. Btw why is it that no one, not one single member including you, has clicked the inappropriate button on that post?
I'm not sure how you can look at that and not see that it's making the issue being discussed the fans who hold a differing opinion rather than Kosar.

That said, I didn't click the Inappropriate because, as I said, I find it near worthless because of the likes canceling out inappropriates thing.

But, you guys are the mods, and if that was appropriate, then I've clearly misunderstood the rules. I think I should probably take a break for a while. If anyone needs me, you can PM me.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm not sure how you can look at that and not see that it's making the issue being discussed the fans who hold a differing opinion rather than Kosar.

That said, I didn't click the Inappropriate because, as I said, I find it near worthless because of the likes canceling out inappropriates thing.

But, you guys are the mods, and if that was appropriate, then I've clearly misunderstood the rules. I think I should probably take a break for a while. If anyone needs me, you can PM me.

There's nothing to clarify or to understand or misunderstand. It's quite simple. You were not personally called a derogatory name or attacked by a fellow member so there was no need for a mod to step in and take action. Got it?