Best Players Tonight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's true. Some of us are fighting fires. Some of us are dealing with violent criminals. Some of us are saving lives. You know...nothing major......like playing football......or dealing with media. Such a rough life.

YAWN!
We are at a sports site, talking about what affects athletes...You want to feel self righteous about other things, that's your deal...The little things matter when competing at this level, is all.

FrankenRam

Starter
We are at a sports site, talking about what affects athletes...You want to feel self righteous about other things, that's your deal...The little things matter when competing at this level, is all.

Good grief. Has absolutely nothing to do with feeling self-righteous. It's simply the fact that people do this move thing every day.....in all walks of life. And somehow manage to continue to do their jobs at a high level. Is it a royal PITA sometimes....of course. But they do it, and I fail to see why it should be any different for pro athletes. And I can guarantee you they have much more available resources to assist them in the process than do many 'common' folk.

But if you want to keep providing excuses for them to not perform to expectations, that's your deal.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah, I liked what I saw from our defense, particularly, Tree, Barron, Quinn and Donald. Hell, throw Brockers in there too. Keenum looked good, Kendricks had a nice quarter. Liked Goff's play. People are going to call out his stat-line, but he did the right thing on his first drive, and continued to make the right decision throughout the night. Clearly is the only QB on the roster capable of making the drive-changing throws. Keenum is the safer choice, on a given night, but Goff with the obvious higher ceiling.

I liked this game. Saw good things, Defensive worries assuaged.

B+.

Robinson looked good.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I forgot to mention that the Oline looked pretty good (starters)

Saffold looked like crap, which was a good thing. Br him back down to earth.

---Kush looked real solid. Wanted to blast him. He plays a nice RG.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just finished watching the condensed version on game pass.

Really pleased with the first team defence. The D line especially (hardly surprising). The linebackers looked good too.

Thought Longacre was excellent again when he came in.

First team O line was good. Fingers crossed but GRob seems to have figured it out.

Now the negatives:

Darrell Williams was really bad. He was getting beaten outside and barely disrupting his man when he did. Against bull rushes he was pushed back into his QB consistently. Because it was the condensed version I didn't get a proper chance to see but it looked as if when Goff came in, GRob went out and Williams took his place. The rest of the o line was first team initially at least. Would've been nice to see Goff with GRob in there too.

Not just in this game but across the whole preseason so far, Goff's stats would've looked so much better if his receivers could catch the damn ball. I've got no worries about him. He'll be great and we just need to be patient.

All in all, feeling good about the 2016 season.

When did G Rob get his head injury ??
--Williams won't make the team after the way he played .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hey, did no one mention the fantastic grab by Cooper?? What a catch!! Very encouraging. While Thomas sucked with his stone hands, he did do a really good job on Teams.

I think Goff did very well overall, especially when compared to the first 2 games. You can see his grasp of the game and speed progressing.

To bad that was when he hurt his shoulder.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good grief. Has absolutely nothing to do with feeling self-righteous. It's simply the fact that people do this move thing every day.....in all walks of life. And somehow manage to continue to do their jobs at a high level. Is it a royal PITA sometimes....of course. But they do it, and I fail to see why it should be any different for pro athletes. And I can guarantee you they have much more available resources to assist them in the process than do many 'common' folk.

But if you want to keep providing excuses for them to not perform to expectations, that's your deal.

When you go to work, do you have someone blocking you from walking in the door? Tackling you before you can hit send on an email? Trying to do everything in their power to stop you from getting your job done?

Regular jobs really can't be compared to football. On every play, someone loses. That's 50% of the NFL that isn't "doing their jobs". Even in America with the awful work ethic that has plagued the nation, there's more than 50% of employed people doing their jobs.

But while we're talking about it, let's talk about another aspect of their job. They need to work out in the offseason, and they don't get vacation time like you and I - but if you had to move your family across the country for work, they would give you time off right? What if your competitors get to attend a mind blowing seminar while you are stuck trying to figure out where you will live and where your kids will go to school - while also wondering privately if you are happy with this move that you had absolutely no decision in. Some NFL teams do some cool workout stuff (like Navy Seal training) that would be MUCH simpler to coordinate without having to worry about a move.

But yea, we're just making excuses. Unfortunately there are a slew of legitimate REASONS why this team will likely have a subpar year - and the move is definitely one of them.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Looking at it strictly from a stats stand point, the Best:
* QB - Keenum - 8 of 12 for 77 YDS.
* RB - Magee - 3 Rushes for 78 Yds. w/ a long of 73 Yds.
* Receiving - TE - Kendricks - 3 Rec's for 36 Yds.
* On "D" DE - Longacre / LB - Sensabaugh both had 5 Tackles.
* Punter - Hekker had 7 Punts and Averaged 45.3 Yds.
* K - Zuerlein did kick 3 FG's.
* And the Rams as a Team won the Time of pos. w/ 32:38 ( and our Red Zone "O" Sucked!)
* I do think our 1st Team "D" did look pretty good thru most of the 1st half!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

whatever..this is boring.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Haven't been able to watch the game yet, but from reading the ROD feedback:
  • Brown is coming along, and Brown has been a great FA find, but Browne hasn't impressed much...
  • Cunningham, too is a great FA and backup to Todd, but Cunningham is gone in the numbers game...
  • Marquez has looked solid and may yet make the team because of his special teams value but has anyone even seen Marquez in camp OR in a game?
  • Great to have Gaines back, he should be solid, but Gaines may be gone in the first round of cuts.
  • Hill is really coming on and may make the team over high profile free agents, but Hill, despite a high profile TV segment doesn't have much of a chance.
  • Reynolds has been a solid special teams player for the Rams but may be lost in a numbers game too. There is just too much talent there. Reynolds is a solid vet and offers great depth.
  • Thomas has been very frustrating, but Thomas may add some valuable depth and is fighting for a spot.
  • Williams is an awesome asset and schemes well, while Williams is an enigma, and Williams is going to get Goff killed out there.
Is that about right?:whistle:

:rant:Is the wrong Steve Smith available in case none of these receivers work out?
Malcolm Brown was a great find...Jamon Brown was having a rough pre-season, specifically in pass-pro, but is settling down...that other Browne, a TE is returning his I-Pad as we converse...
Benny Cunningham is running hard...He had a rough go against Denver tho....Justice Cunningham hasn't caught 2 passes in his career...and may be lost because of the numbers at TE....not that Browne guy...again, he's toast, as of today.
Marquez...as in Bradley Marquez, special teams ACE....I like Thomas better...not sure why...just a feeling...Marquez North..as in Marquez North...is NOT #8 like in college but #3...and while impressive to look at, hasn't done anything...I think they're trying to stash this guy on the PS...
EJ Gaines, isn't all the way back, it would be great but sorry, too soon. Rohan Gaines, if he's played, hasn't done squat...He should play a bunch if he can make it down to 75...4.66 40 time kills him as a safety for me...
Troy Hill is going to make the squad...The real question, do they cut Sensabaugh or Joyner...yeah I said CUT Joyner...or keep 5 cb's....I sure wish EJ hadn't gotten injured to SEE where they go with this...Hill, Austin, son of David, nephew of Jim..is a TV show...He's got a wonderful/beautiful family, and may be able to play a lil bit...but really, if you can't get time with our group, how good are you? It's going to be interesting to see him cut on TV...just to see if he's upset in any way....
Both Reynolds are on the bubble. Chase had a pretty good game...The other Reynolds...don't know his name damnit...oh, yeah I do, Garrett...Still mad he let Goff get hit...Can't, well, I can, but lets see if we can cut Garrett...I know we should cut Chase...Aaron Green & Malcolm Brown are just that good.
Thomas....Mike...the only Thomas I know on the roster has talent...Looks like the new Bradley Marquez...can't catch as good, but I can guarantee he'll average more than 6 yards per catch...GUARANTEE!!!
Duke Williams....I wanna see this guy in shape...dedicated...Kenny Britt shape...PS for him...That other Williams...S. Florida guy..or is it Central Florida? The green team...don't know his name..and he's like Reynolds...he let some dude SMASH Goff the first play he's in the damn game...Don't know what happened to him? He looks like he ran away from the training room...soft and puffy...Dude, go hang with Kush...Hang with G-Rob & Bentley C. Do something...but oh yeah, do it from the PS..

All caught up for you...thanks for playing...stealing that from JT

LB - :rant:Sensabaugh both had 5 Tackles.
If he added some pass break ups (PBU's), he wouldn't be confused as a LB and have to make so many tackles Dave!!!!:mrburns::icare:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Malcolm Brown was a great find...Jamon Brown was having a rough pre-season, specifically in pass-pro, but is settling down...that other Browne, a TE is returning his I-Pad as we converse...
Benny Cunningham is running hard...He had a rough go against Denver tho....Justice Cunningham hasn't caught 2 passes in his career...and may be lost because of the numbers at TE....not that Browne guy...again, he's toast, as of today.
Marquez...as in Bradley Marquez, special teams ACE....I like Thomas better...not sure why...just a feeling...Marquez North..as in Marquez North...is NOT #8 like in college but #3...and while impressive to look at, hasn't done anything...I think they're trying to stash this guy on the PS...
EJ Gaines, isn't all the way back, it would be great but sorry, too soon. Rohan Gaines, if he's played, hasn't done squat...He should play a bunch if he can make it down to 75...4.66 40 time kills him as a safety for me...
Troy Hill is going to make the squad...The real question, do they cut Sensabaugh or Joyner...yeah I said CUT Joyner...or keep 5 cb's....I sure wish EJ hadn't gotten injured to SEE where they go with this...Hill, Austin, son of David, nephew of Jim..is a TV show...He's got a wonderful/beautiful family, and may be able to play a lil bit...but really, if you can't get time with our group, how good are you? It's going to be interesting to see him cut on TV...just to see if he's upset in any way....
Both Reynolds are on the bubble. Chase had a pretty good game...The other Reynolds...don't know his name damnit...oh, yeah I do, Garrett...Still mad he let Goff get hit...Can't, well, I can, but lets see if we can cut Garrett...I know we should cut Chase...Aaron Green & Malcolm Brown are just that good.
Thomas....Mike...the only Thomas I know on the roster has talent...Looks like the new Bradley Marquez...can't catch as good, but I can guarantee he'll average more than 6 yards per catch...GUARANTEE!!!
Duke Williams....I wanna see this guy in shape...dedicated...Kenny Britt shape...PS for him...That other Williams...S. Florida guy..or is it Central Florida? The green team...don't know his name..and he's like Reynolds...he let some dude SMASH Goff the first play he's in the damn game...Don't know what happened to him? He looks like he ran away from the training room...soft and puffy...Dude, go hang with Kush...Hang with G-Rob & Bentley C. Do something...but oh yeah, do it from the PS..

All caught up for you...thanks for playing...stealing that from JT

If he added some pass break ups (PBU's), he wouldn't be confused as a LB and have to make so many tackles Dave!!!!:mrburns::icare:
Wow! Great job Champ, filling in the blanks. The other Thomas is the DT Cam, and the first Williams mentioned is, of course coach Greg. (Yours was a much better read, by the way. ):cheers:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wow! Great job Champ, filling in the blanks. The other Thomas is the DT Cam, and the first Williams mentioned is, of course coach Greg. (Yours was a much better read, by the way. ):cheers:
dag-nabbit

Cam Thomas.....man...I thought guys like that were only in college...He's actually outplaying Coples....Still....hmmm too tough to call...

Greg Williams boys was HITTING!!! Imagine...all the speed and power...and Donald, Quinn, TJ McD, Barron, led by Ogletree...I think they all made a play. 2 quick 3 & outs followed by a turnover on downs (stuffed on 4th & short) at midfield...Led by...Brockers...the only reason I didn't like Tavon's deal, is because we should have done Brockers deal first...That guy owned the middle...They took a real cheap shot on him too...Denver is dirty....well, they stretch the fucking rules...

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
dag-nabbit

Cam Thomas.....man...I thought guys like that were only in college...He's actually outplaying Coples....Still....hmmm too tough to call...

Greg Williams boys was HITTING!!! Imagine...all the speed and power...and Donald, Quinn, TJ McD, Barron, led by Ogletree...I think they all made a play. 2 quick 3 & outs followed by a turnover on downs (stuffed on 4th & short) at midfield...Led by...Brockers...the only reason I didn't like Tavon's deal, is because we should have done Brockers deal first...That guy owned the middle...They took a real cheap shot on him too...Denver is dirty....well, they stretch the freaking rules...
Man, Champ. Your capacity to expand on a subject is boundless! Ahem... Let me try something:

The splitting of atoms!....:mrburnsevil:

Seriously. I'm happy with both our first teams but a little frustrated with a few players, and the drop off to second team. One of our strengths, I thought, this year was going to be our depth.
I am also disappointed with Joiner, but would like them to just end the outside CB experiment and throw him in the slot. I would like to see how he does there with all the first teamers over a stretch in real games.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, Champ. Your capacity to expand on a subject is boundless! Ahem... Let me try something:

The splitting of atoms!....:mrburnsevil:

Seriously. I'm happy with both our first teams but a little frustrated with a few players, and the drop off to second team. One of our strengths, I thought, this year was going to be our depth.
I am also disappointed with Joiner, but would like them to just end the outside CB experiment and throw him in the slot. I would like to see how he does there with all the first teamers over a stretch in real games.

Hey bro, I understand your concern about our 2nd stringers, but to be fair, some of their struggles were against starters of the recent Super Bowl Champions. It slays me when some are killing Rodger Saffold for not being able to stop Von freaking Miller..lol (Some just said Saffold was getting beat, without mentioning the one who was doing the beating).

As for our 2nd stringers, some are talented, but a team is only as strong as the weakest links...I like Seau and Longacre. Kush and his tank tops will get another week beyond the first cuts to make the team I think..It's hard to judge individual players, except for the obvious failures of some....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Lots of games Roman....never really watched pre-season...a habit from sneaking in games in the 80's...now it's so many storylines...Depth is still a strength, just imagine however, we lost 6-8 starters...and now our depth is starters, and new depth must be found...
Joyner...to me, coverage is coverage, and it's harder in the slot than outside the numbers...Just the players/wr's are better out there also...he's seeing the big, physical outside receiver....it can only make him better. But he's also being exposed...too short, not quick enough, and no real explosion. I actually think Coty Sensabaugh can come around...Not sure, but a thought...Joyner...meh...he'll be in the slot, week one for sure...with Sensabaugh hot on his heels for playing time..

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
You obviously didn't watch the wonderfully thrown balls that were dropped..Are you kidding me?
Like the one where he lead Duke Williams into the hit that got the roughing call?

FrankenRam

Starter
When you go to work, do you have someone blocking you from walking in the door? Tackling you before you can hit send on an email? Trying to do everything in their power to stop you from getting your job done?

Regular jobs really can't be compared to football. On every play, someone loses. That's 50% of the NFL that isn't "doing their jobs". Even in America with the awful work ethic that has plagued the nation, there's more than 50% of employed people doing their jobs.

But while we're talking about it, let's talk about another aspect of their job. They need to work out in the offseason, and they don't get vacation time like you and I - but if you had to move your family across the country for work, they would give you time off right? What if your competitors get to attend a mind blowing seminar while you are stuck trying to figure out where you will live and where your kids will go to school - while also wondering privately if you are happy with this move that you had absolutely no decision in. Some NFL teams do some cool workout stuff (like Navy Seal training) that would be MUCH simpler to coordinate without having to worry about a move.

But yea, we're just making excuses. Unfortunately there are a slew of legitimate REASONS why this team will likely have a subpar year - and the move is definitely one of them.

I'd be willing to bet the large majority of NFL players 'get it', and would tell you exactly what I've been saying.

But you're probably right. There probably are some who will try to use 'the move' for failure to do their job. And they should be cut tomorrow.

But you go right ahead and continue making excuses for them.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't know you could ignore people here...very nice.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be willing to bet the large majority of NFL players 'get it', and would tell you exactly what I've been saying.

But you're probably right. There probably are some who will try to use 'the move' for failure to do their job. And they should be cut tomorrow.

But you go right ahead and continue making excuses for them.

It's not a "failure" in the same sense. How can you not see that?

Do you disagree that there's a big difference between someone failing to send a report to their boss on time and an offensive lineman that gets beat by a DT?

SOMEONE fails on every single NFL play - therefore it's not a failure as you are seeing it.

If 50% of the NFL has to lose, you simply cannot view it the way you are. With that attitude it would be infuriating to watch an NFL team and have a vested interest - screaming at every player that gets beat. It happens.

It would be like screaming at your kid for getting a C when there was someone trying to knock a pen out of his hand every time he did an assignment or took a test.

And if you don't think that off the field/off season happenings impact what happens on the field, then I don't know what to tell you. Comparing the NFL to real life jobs is asinine.

The ironic thing is when those things do happen to us, most people don't put in 100% at their jobs. We just don't have someone directly opposing us all the time so it doesn't show.

I'm not giving them an excuse, I believe this will be a lost season for many reasons. Hope I'm wrong, but I wont be getting angry at a losing season this year.

FrankenRam

Starter
It's not a "failure" in the same sense. How can you not see that?

Do you disagree that there's a big difference between someone failing to send a report to their boss on time and an offensive lineman that gets beat by a DT?

SOMEONE fails on every single NFL play - therefore it's not a failure as you are seeing it.

If 50% of the NFL has to lose, you simply cannot view it the way you are. With that attitude it would be infuriating to watch an NFL team and have a vested interest - screaming at every player that gets beat. It happens.

It would be like screaming at your kid for getting a C when there was someone trying to knock a pen out of his hand every time he did an assignment or took a test.

And if you don't think that off the field/off season happenings impact what happens on the field, then I don't know what to tell you. Comparing the NFL to real life jobs is asinine.

The ironic thing is when those things do happen to us, most people don't put in 100% at their jobs. We just don't have someone directly opposing us all the time so it doesn't show.

I'm not giving them an excuse, I believe this will be a lost season for many reasons. Hope I'm wrong, but I wont be getting angry at a losing season this year.

Good grief. What an absurdly ridiculous argument. I can't begin to conceive of a way to respond that won't get me banned from the forum.

But you go right ahead and continue to put NFL players on their exalted pedestal.