Best Players Tonight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Yeah, I liked what I saw from our defense, particularly, Tree, Barron, Quinn and Donald. Hell, throw Brockers in there too. Keenum looked good, Kendricks had a nice quarter. Liked Goff's play. People are going to call out his stat-line, but he did the right thing on his first drive, and continued to make the right decision throughout the night. Clearly is the only QB on the roster capable of making the drive-changing throws. Keenum is the safer choice, on a given night, but Goff with the obvious higher ceiling.

I liked this game. Saw good things, Defensive worries assuaged.

B+.

Nothing IMO. How Thomas continues to play more than him is baffling and infuriating. Only UDFA outside of Spruce I have seen make the most out of every chance he gets.

Has a catch in all 3 games, has been solid at PR, and has consistently been open while on the field. Sucks he only got a few series tonight and one target from Mannion

fearsomefour

Legend
I think Brown was good tonight at RG. They gave him some help pass blocking, but, that's ok. He has taken steps the last two weeks. He has won me over the last two weeks. Having him start at RG....well I am much more comfortable with that now.
Robinson/Saffold/Barnes/Brown/Havenstein week 1? Ok by me.
Saffold/Wichmann/Kush/Reynolds that is my depth now. I want to keep 10 lineman but no idea who 9th or 10th is at this time.
Keenum/Mannion/Goff....that is my depth now. Goff is not is close to overtaking Keenum. That is fine. It is not a sprint. Not this season or his career. One thing Goff did much better tonight was stand in the pocket, not look to bail and break the pocket.
Keenum looks good and in control. He does not have the arm strength to be late on any out throws. I am looking forward to see what he can do week 1.
Austin has been purposely avoided all preseason. I expect some special plays for him week 1. If Boras has figured out how to use him it could really loosen up the whole O.
Britt, Austin, Cooper, Quick....no idea about the last two WR spots. Too many drops.
Easely wa very good vs Denver. Brockers, Donald, Easely that three man rotation is going to be better than last year. Thomas is my fourth DT.
Watching the Rams and Beoncos....probably the two fastest Ds in the league.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will admit that our WRs are not good, but at some point, it becomes the QB's fault. If you only complete 33% of your passes, it can't ALL be drops.
At some point it becomes the coaches and front offices fault for not surrounding him by people who can catch a damned ball when it hits them in the hands. To blame Goff for delivering balls right to them just makes no sense.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Brown was good tonight at RG. They gave him some help pass blocking, but, that's ok. He has taken steps the last two weeks. He has won me over the last two weeks. Having him start at RG....well I am much more comfortable with that now.
Robinson/Saffold/Barnes/Brown/Havenstein week 1? Ok by me.
Saffold/Wichmann/Kush/Reynolds that is my depth now. I want to keep 10 lineman but no idea who 9th or 10th is at this time.
Keenum/Mannion/Goff....that is my depth now. Goff is not is close to overtaking Keenum. That is fine. It is not a sprint. Not this season or his career. One thing Goff did much better tonight was stand in the pocket, not look to bail and break the pocket.
Keenum looks good and in control. He does not have the arm strength to be late on any out throws. I am looking forward to see what he can do week 1.
Austin has been purposely avoided all preseason. I expect some special plays for him week 1. If Boras has figured out how to use him it could really loosen up the whole O.
Britt, Austin, Cooper, Quick....no idea about the last two WR spots. Too many drops.
Easely wa very good vs Denver. Brockers, Donald, Easely that three man rotation is going to be better than last year. Thomas is my fourth DT.
Watching the Rams and Beoncos....probably the two fastest Ds in the league.
disagree..Mannion did not look good tonight, and Goff showed flashes of a franchise QB...Goff with the #1's will improve him in a fast manner. Mannion is a perennial back up

fearsomefour

Legend
disagree..Mannion did not look good tonight, and Goff showed flashes of a franchise QB...Goff with the #1's will improve him in a fast manner. Mannion is a perennial back up
Could be right.
Goff or Mannion as the two....in a real game, may not be much of a difference at this point. Goff will flash the throws here and there for sure.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Mannion showed pretty poorly tonight. He's a slant and short-route thrower.

I too have liked McRoberts. I think Thomas has potential. He at least runs the route well enough to get open. I'd put him on the PS, I guess.

Goff looks fine enough where I'm not sure starting him isn't the best option. I think he could develop pretty quickly if given real game-experience. Between him and Keenum, not sure there's a big drop-off at all in consistency. There'll be growing pains, but there is also the ability to overcome circumstances with pure talent, which Keenum doesn't really have.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion showed pretty poorly tonight. He's a slant and short-route thrower.

I too have liked McRoberts. I think Thomas has potential. He at least runs the route well enough to get open. I'd put him on the PS, I guess.

Goff looks fine enough where I'm not sure starting him isn't the best option. I think he could develop pretty quickly if given real game-experience. Between him and Keenum, not sure there's a big drop-off at all in consistency. There'll be growing pains, but there is also the ability to overcome circumstances with pure talent, which Keenum doesn't really have.
well stated about the keenum and goff measures....I could live with Thomas on the Practice Squad

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You obviously didn't watch the wonderfully thrown balls that were dropped..Are you fukking kidding me?
he needs to quit leading receivers into defenders. WR's are getting crushed out there. he'll learn, but for now it maybe causing these drops when you know you're going to get lit up.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
he needs to quit leading receivers into defenders. WR's are getting crushed out there. he'll learn, but for now it maybe causing these drops when you know you're going to get lit up.
Michael Irvin often tells rookies he's working out for a 30 minute special, pre-draft shows, they have to know and just accept getting hit when going over the middle. As for the routes, do you think Goff designed them, or the coaches?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I will admit that our WRs are not good, but at some point, it becomes the QB's fault. If you only complete 33% of your passes, it can't ALL be drops.

Well I counted 4 drops, 2 were bad and 2 questionable. If the 2 blatant ones are caught then he is 50%. It's a small sample size so the percentages can move quickly.

That being said he had 2 really bad throws and both should of been picked.

Overall with the pressure he did well. Not great not bad.

I thought his pocket presence was good tonight. Got rid of some balls in time and also extended a couple of plays to find open receivers, unfortunately one was a brutal drop lol.

Excuse me if missed something because I had to watch the delay and its 2:00am where I am and am half asleep. Will have to rewatch again tomorrow.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I counted 4 drops, 2 were bad and 2 questionable. If the 2 blatant ones are caught then he is 50%. It's a small sample size so the percentages can move quickly.

That being said he had 2 really bad throws and both should of been picked.

Overall with the pressure he did well. Not great not bad.

I thought his pocket presence was good tonight. Got rid of some balls in time and also extended a couple of plays to find open receivers, unfortunately one was a brutal drop lol.

Excuse me if missed something because I had to watch the delay and its 2:00am where I am and am half asleep. Will have to rewatch again tomorrow.
That one drop was brutal..He ran to the right and up, and threw on the run..whoever had it bounce off their hands (absolutely perfectly thrown) should be ashamed for dropping it (Now run a mile!..Petey, your killing me! ~Coach Boone)

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Michael Irvin often tells rookies he's working out for a 30 minute special, pre-draft shows, they have to know and just accept getting hit when going over the middle. As for the routes, do you think Goff designed them, or the coaches?
throws also need to be delivered on time.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
That one drop was brutal..He ran to the right and up, and threw on the run..whoever had it bounce off their hands (absolutely perfectly thrown) should be ashamed for dropping it (Now run a mile!..Petey, your killing me! ~Coach Boone)

Yes, pressure came up the middle, did a nice job extending the play. Pretty sure it was Duke. There was another bad drop and the Malcom Brown one was questionable IMO he got popped pretty good by Stewart