Bernie Articles On This Site Are No More

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Sum1BTRthnU mystified:
I really don't see this. I read his columns all the time and see criticism, sure...but most of it is warranted and a lot of it happens to be consistent with some of the things questioned by posters on this very site. His column earlier today had a ton of praise but since he questioned a few things for some reason there are people upset about it.

It's a little hard to say that Bernie doesn't have some merit in criticizing the Rams for standing pat with the WRs they have, to question the philosophy, etc. I know almost every season for the past 10 I've gone in with hope and some unreasonable expectations. Well, after 10 years I want to see it before I believe it. Fisher and Snead aren't responsible for the past 10 years, but they are responsible for turning it around...and they've done a pretty damn good job at it so far...but it's time to take that next step. They need to have a winning record. If the WRs don't take a step forward the Rams brass should be held accountable for that.

You see the Rams get 9 or 10 wins and the offense to take a step forward, you aren't going to see many columns from Bernie, Burwell, Strauss, or Gordon posting much criticism.

But you will see Slaten bitching, guaranteed lol.
Other than a tendency to state the obvious his laziness in getting new stories and his feelings of persecution plus a few other minor things I'd say it's not really what he's saying that bothers me so much it's they way he says it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No doubt. I guess he thinks we run a 3-4 since we only need one DT. :confused:

And Gilbert should have won more games if he was worth a shit. Anyone should know that.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.facebook.com/kevin.slat...id=700026823369085&offset=0&total_comments=32

Am I the only one to think the Rams drafted Sam to give everyone that warm fuzzy feeling
to cover up the crap they drafted? Just a thought.

• 6 people like this.

• Jason RoweFunny. I was just thinking the same thing. Also think it's a cheap ploy to sell more season tickets.
    May 10 at 10:52pm · 1

• Chuck TinsleyI thought they had a great draft.
    May 10 at 11:35pm · 2

• Kevin SlatenIt's the only reason. If I were him, I'd feel insulted that a team as deep as they are at DE drafted me.
    Yesterday at 7:20am · 2

• Kevin SlatenHe has no chance
    Yesterday at 7:20am

• Kevin SlatenRams draft was pathetic
    Yesterday at 7:20am · 2

• Chuck TinsleyThe Rams addressed needs upfront on the O and D line. An area were they were clearly beat by far superior teams. Therefore conclusion=good draft. People A. Watch the games. B.Listen to the experts.
    Yesterday at 7:27am

• Kevin SlatenMaybe you watch games and don't know what you're watching. The Rams drafted a DT which they didn't need. Unless, of course, they're already admitting that Brockers wasn't as good as they thought when they made him a #1 pick just two years ago. Same thing by drafting Mason. They're admitting they failed on Pead. Disastrous to have to re draft so soon, And they blew it with Mason when they could've had De'Anthony Thomas, who went to KC a round later. Awful draft. Gilbert is a bad QB as well. 5-15 when playing Top 25 teams. Next time, do your homework before spouting off.
    Yesterday at 7:36am

• Kevin SlatenIn addition, they took a guy 2 overall that's a project. Can't pass block and holds all the time. Nice job
    Yesterday at 7:37am

• Chuck TinsleyDon't take my word. Check with the NFL draft experts.
    Yesterday at 7:48am

• Kevin SlatenYou mean the other idiots
    Yesterday at 7:50am

• Chuck TinsleyOh and by the way. There are two DT's on the field at one time.
    Yesterday at 7:50am

• Kevin SlatenThat's why they paid Langford big dollars to come here. Again, pay attention. You don't know what you're watching
    Yesterday at 7:52am

• Brad SawickiI would say I know what I am watching. But when the Rams played last year I found myself flipping the channel cause that's how boring they are. And what categories did they finish in the dumps? That need was not addressed.
    Yesterday at 8:17am · 1

• David Mirzathe Lambs are good at one thing only....rushing the quarterback. ...they're anemic at almost everything else.
    Yesterday at 4:55pm

• Brad SawickiSo they draft a guy when theubalr www day have how many defensive ends on the team and ties to Mizzou. This is a disaster.
    Yesterday at 5:41pm

• Mark ManningAnyone that thinks the Rams addressed their needs is as clueless as Fischer & Snead . What was the name of that game changing wide receiver they drafted this year ? Thats right they didn't draft one again . As an Arizona Cardinals fan all I can say is thank you to the Rams front office for having their heads in the sand every year the draft rolls around .
    Yesterday at 5:50pm · 2

• Mark ManningNo we are people that know more about football then the Rams front office apparently . Because this draft once again has proven that . Like I said as a fan of a rival team please keep making these dumb picks Fischer & Snead
    Yesterday at 6:05pm

• Brad SawickiSomething is wrong if you take offense to this. This is nothing more than entertainment. I am sure you wont be buying a Sam jersey anytime soon. Maybe you can go to the so called other stations page and enjoy your lollipops and drink the kinkaid with them. If you're lucky may be you can join in on the 4 o'clock fight and get stumped by dmarco who has to stand on a chair to raise his IQ.
    Yesterday at 6:13pm · 1

• Brad SawickiRemember how they graded it last year.
    Yesterday at 6:55pm

• Mark ManningApparently you believe everything you read I guess you believe everything that is written in the local paper that's how gullible you are . So since that being said I have some beautiful beach front property to sell you in East Saint Louis .
    Yesterday at 7:19pm

• Mark ManningI don't have to have a link that's how good I am . I have forgotten more about football then you will ever remember about it .
    Yesterday at 7:24pm · 1

• Dan GraverTight man to man coverage is taking on a new meaning.
    Yesterday at 7:25pm · 1

• Mark ManningGoing to be hard for the Rams to do when the line 10 DL out on the field .
    Yesterday at 7:26pm

• Mark ManningI don't need to be . Once again you believe everything you read ? You must be as clueless as the Rams front office . By the way CBS wanted me I said no I know to much about football you guys wouldn't want someone like me .
    Yesterday at 7:31pm · 1

• Brad SawickiThe only thing Mel kiper knows is what to put in his hair. Has he ever been right about anything. He couldn't predict the number that comes after 99. I am sure Dunc will tell you how great a pic out of ASU will dominate the league.
    23 hours ago · 1

• Dan GraverMy theory is that this team is being built for the future, that future is in L.A.. They don't want to win here. The more they lose here, and Fisher is the guy when you want to lose a lot of games, the easier it will be to tuck-tail out to L.A.
    23 hours ago

• Brad SawickiHe my coffee is cold and I need another doughnut.
    23 hours ago · 1

• Dan Graver7 million a year to fail. How much diet mountain dew can you buy with that kind of money?
    23 hours ago · Edited

• Dan GraverMatheny looks like a little baby walking out to the mound.
    23 hours ago

• Dan GraverThat's fine. You can cover the positive, and let us know when you see it.
    22 hours ago · 1

• Howard Kramer2014 will be another season winning less then 9 games!
    8 hours ago

• Kevin SlatenWho is this ass Chuck Tinsley and how did he get on here? Adios
    6 hours ago
Wow they are really shot the fuck out. Shows how spoiled we are to be around knowledgeable ram fans.

bluesjoc

Long time poster,First time reader
Name
Jeff
VZLpuUE.gif

PuXRGY8.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The true stupidity of it all is that he doesn't understand the fundamental difference between Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers. Brockers's job is to stack blockers in the running game to allow the LBs to fill the gaps. Donald's job is to attack his gap, fill it himself, and make the play. In the passing game, Brockers's job is to collapse the pocket with inside push. Donald's job is to attack the QB and get up-field. A guy like Brockers is the perfect complement to Donald. Langford is the one being replaced. Because he's too much like Brockers.

And imo, Langford likely isn't being replaced until after the 2014 season. When he has little dead money left on the books and makes sense as a cap casualty. Because his style of play is still quite useful as a run stopper and to rotate in order to keep our DL fresh.

You could argue that replacing Langford is admitting he was a failure but imo, Langford has done what they signed him to do. They knew he wasn't an elite DT when they signed him. He was signed to be a solid inside presence on a D that had a lot of holes. Upgrading on him just means the team is getting better. Because that's what good teams do. They look to upgrade on solid starters with players that can be better at a much lower price. It's all a part of team building...especially when you're build up a team that had little talent to begin with. Gotta plug holes in the beginning with solid players you plan to upgrade upon in the future when you can.
Awe come on man. Good teams only draft skill players in the first round. And if you have one DT, you have more than enough unless you just totally dicked the dog on your other pick.

scifiman

Summed up best is he is a shock jock. He is just like all the rest of talk radio. He gets people pissed or mad or whatever. It is all for ratings. The best thing to do is not tune in. Dont listen. If more people did then people like him would disappear. But the problem is are you or anyone else just going to tune in to hear rainbows and unicorns and everything is good in the land of oz? I personally think balance when stating your opinions and letting the reader or listener decide is a better course. Nothing is black or white. Everything is a shade of gray in reality.

scifiman

Awe come on man. Good teams only draft skill players in the first round. And if you have one DT, you have more than enough unless you just totally dicked the dog on your other pick.
I could probably disprove your statement on this. That is like saying if you draft one OT in the 1st you wont draft another in the draft a couple of years later. The rams run the 4-3 not 3-4. The DT is then not called a DT he is called a NT.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wow they are really shot the freak out. Shows how spoiled we are to be around knowledgeable ram fans.
Couldn't agree more man. Every now and then I stick my head into some of these other sites and it just makes me appreciate this place all the more. I get pretty defensive of the site at times but this is an excellent example of why. Here we are pretty much free to say what we want as long as we aren't total dickheads to each other or the Rams organization and its players. If you ever saw even a few lines like this appear here, it would be jumped on so fast it would make your head spin. Douchbaggery not allowed.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I could probably disprove your statement on this. That is like saying if you draft one OT in the 1st you wont draft another in the draft a couple of years later. The rams run the 4-3 not 3-4. The DT is then not called a DT he is called a NT.
Guess I should have put it in blue font. Thought it was too obvious. My bad?

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I often wonder if he's one of the trolls on ram stalk? Funny how the trolls sound like Bernie so often?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Couldn't agree more man. Every now and then I stick my head into some of these other sites and it just makes me appreciate this place all the more. I get pretty defensive of the site at times but this is an excellent example of why. Here we are pretty much free to say what we want as long as we aren't total dickheads to each other or the Rams organization and its players. If you ever saw even a few lines like this appear here, it would be jumped on so fast it would make your head spin. Douchbaggery not allowed.

Exactly. I think as long as we (the frequent posters) stay on top of that sort of trolling with self moderation this place will remain in tact. I too am defensive of this place, its the only troll free place on the internet ive ever been a part of and its very refreshing

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This may seem obvious but that means not dragging Bernie's quotes in here either. Out of sight, out of mind. As Paul Anka sang about the monsters that were stomping the buildings on the Simpson's Tree House of Horror VI, "Just don't look, just don't look."

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This may seem obvious but that means not dragging Bernie's quotes in here either. Out of sight, out of mind. As Paul Anka sang about the monsters that were stomping the buildings on the Simpson's Tree House of Horror VI, "Just don't look, just don't look."
Pretty sure that is the first Paul Anka reference on this site. Bonus points!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Playmaker, aka Cory, aka Not a STL Homer, aka ....

I banned that clown twice back in the day, and was blocked on twitter by Bernie, so I guess I'm doing things right.

Yeah, and who was the guy that figured that out when he started posting and told you?? Hmmm I can't really remember. He was a rather "angry" poster.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I can get behind the Slaten hate, because he honestly is a piece of shit. Him and Bernie are in a different realm though. I know @Sum1BTRthnU wasn't suggesting that either, just sayin.

The people on this site are DIE-FUCKING-HARD Rams fans and that's why I love it so much here, but I don't think Bernie is trying to sabotage the team. I will admit though he's been a little more negative than usual, but I think that's just because of the record last year (and the past decade for that matter.) Basically the main message I've been getting from him is "lets wait and see." He probably could've said it differently in a few columns but idk.

Regardless, 1 thing I do know is that he does care about the Rams, and the Rams fans in St. Louis. His articles can be critical and negative at times, but they're never the passive aggressive mocking bullshit I read from other writers in this area. I absolutely positively have no problem with someone being critical of the Rams if the reasoning is behind it is that they're disappointed and expected more. That means they actually still care about the team. The mocking "same ole Rams" people in this town that use them as some sort of sports punchline when they haven't even watched a fucking NFL game in 5 years is what will piss me off. Also usually the same baby faced pussies that are "die hard" Cardinal fans now, and they couldn't even tell you who Ray Lankford is.

radjohns

UDFA
It's been a while since I've clicked on a Bernie, or a Jeff Gordon link. I find that there is not lots to glean from their columns.

Last edited:

RamsFan14

Starter
Feel like Bernie has gone off the deep end, kinda sad because he used to be better then this... Perhaps the negative "Rams Talk" forum has rubbed off on him in the wrong way. It's weird, I love his baseball info because I think he's pretty good at gathering facts and data to support his arguments about w/e it was. His baseball info is pretty good still, but it probably helps that the Cardinals are a winning team (over the years, DAMN they are under 500 after today's loss!) and the Rams have struggled for such a long time.