Belichick press conference

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Totally with you, Boffo.

Right now in the NFL, cheater's prosper.

Hit a woman? Get suspended. (rightly so)

Use PEDs? Get suspended. (rightly so)

Use illegal drugs not classified as PEDs? Get suspended. (imho, this requires some parsing and shouldn't just end up in blanket suspensions)

But if a coach or players CHEATS? Get...FINED. Potential loss of draft picks. No suspension. No forfeit of game(s).

It's exactly the same problem as on Wall Street. Standard and Poor JUST settled for ratings fraud...AGAIN for fraudulent ratings in 2011 and 2012. JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon oversaw the settlement of $17BILLION in fines... all for illegal activities. And the guy not only didn't see a day in jail... the guy got a 75% RAISE. So, were the "record" fines a disincentive to commit further crimes? Nope.

Are the fines and potential loss of draft picks a disincentive to cheating?

Apparently not.

No Patriot player has received ANY sanction even though Tom Brady should have been sanctioned for the extra mic.

The ONE guy who wanted to come forward wasn't welcomed by the NFL to tell the truth and help the Commissioner maintain the integrity of the game. He was hunted with equal zeal BY the NFL and his former team.

Wasn't trying to be political (the examples are actually an example of the failures in financial law enforcement, but still), but the analogy is there.

Unless the disincentive is powerful enough, there will be some who will cheat because... they can and they don't understand that winning isn't winning if the contest isn't fair.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
cheaties.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/01/bil...hick-didnt-make-any-sense-in-press-conference

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick told reporters Saturday that after conducting an experiment to recreate a normal game day scenario, he claimed that the Patriots “followed every rule, to the letter” in preparation for last week’s AFC Championship game.

Belichick said that he studied the science behind why the air pressure inside footballs changes depending on environmental conditions and claimed that the customary practice of rubbing the footballs before the game changed the pressure, leading many fans to give the coach a new nickname: Bill Belichick “The Science Guy”.

Bill Nye, for one, is not impressed. On Sunday’s episode of Good Morning America, Nye refuted Belichick’s theory.

“I’m not too worried about coach Belichick competing with me. What he said didn’t make any sense. Rubbing the football I don’t think you can change the pressure. To really change the pressure you need one of these, the inflation needle.”

Nye also admitted he’s rooting for the Seahawks.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/01/bil...hick-didnt-make-any-sense-in-press-conference

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick told reporters Saturday that after conducting an experiment to recreate a normal game day scenario, he claimed that the Patriots “followed every rule, to the letter” in preparation for last week’s AFC Championship game.

Belichick said that he studied the science behind why the air pressure inside footballs changes depending on environmental conditions and claimed that the customary practice of rubbing the footballs before the game changed the pressure, leading many fans to give the coach a new nickname: Bill Belichick “The Science Guy”.

Bill Nye, for one, is not impressed. On Sunday’s episode of Good Morning America, Nye refuted Belichick’s theory.

“I’m not too worried about coach Belichick competing with me. What he said didn’t make any sense. Rubbing the football I don’t think you can change the pressure. To really change the pressure you need one of these, the inflation needle.”

Nye also admitted he’s rooting for the Seahawks.
Ironic thing about this? A lot of Patriots fans I've seen have said verbatim "Of course the pressure decreases if it gets cold. This is Bill Nye stuff."