Belichick press conference

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brady and Belichick both lied through their teeth. No person in the employ of the Patriots would touch a football without the go ahead from Belichick and Brady.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Wow. Talk about finessing the english language. I just heard these words spoken on PTI: "The Patriots have a credibility problem". A credibility problem? LOL That's supposed to be scathing, btw. Moving on to the next story...

How many shitballs do you have to put into a jar of water in order to make shitwater?

CodeMonkey

According to ESPN 83% of americans believe BB and TB. They showed a map where only Nebraska was painted red (why red?) as not buying it. LOL. This is amazing.

CodeMonkey

I will have to say this as a scientist. I love the show show Sport Science and if they need someone to provide data points on performance based on various conditions of the football they should see the patriots. According to BB's own admission he messes the balls up on purpose to make them bad and hard to handle and if anyone complains he says he makes it worse, he says. So clearly they have a lot of data points that would be useful with regard to various ball conditions and the performance thereto that the Sport Science folks might wanna see.

Just trying to be constructive. :nerd:

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
"Hey Belichick, Bernie Madoff called and he's indignant. He wants a refund on his NFL tickets."

28282758-SOC_madoff_slide01_1.600x400.jpg

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait a minute my pants seem to be on fire. T. Brady.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
According to ESPN 83% of americans believe BB and TB. They showed a map where only Nebraska was painted red (why red?) as not buying it. LOL. This is amazing.
I've just lost all faith in my fellow Americans... again.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I don't think it was bellicheat this time. I think there is a reason bellicheat threw Brady under the bus. I'm putting my money on Brady as the guilty one.
I would agree. But remember, Belicheat is Brady's mentor when it comes to cheating.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Let's also not forget that Brady knowingly cheated with the extra mic in his helmet and he's NEVER taken responsibility nor been sanctioned for that afaik.

There's no freakin' way Brady or the skill position players wouldn't be able to know the difference.

Also: wow....that 7min video was a worthless exercise of Belichick trying to swallow his tongue. I've heard politicians say more in a sound bite and gotten more real information from a bumper sticker.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Brady and Belichick both lied through their teeth. No person in the employ of the Patriots would touch a football without the go ahead from Belichick and Brady.
But that's going to end up being the story nonetheless.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But that's going to end up being the story nonetheless.

Of course. Like USC did a few years ago, they'll scapegoat some poor underling if need be.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Of course. Like USC did a few years ago, they'll scapegoat some poor underling if need be.
Yeah. And he'll get a nice severance package on his way out I'm sure.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Just watched the presser. Wow. "I've told you all I know"

If I was falsely accused; I'd be pissed.

That presser was a total avoidance of the issues.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He's complicit. He HAD to have known he was cheating with balls that weren't in compliance.

My question is to the refereeing crew.

And this is an actual question, not an indictment: Is it possible when just tossing the ball and placing the ball to NOT be able to tell the difference between 10.5 psi and 12.5 psi, but have it be VERY clear when playing.

I mean, when even the less than critical outlets like ESPN and NFL Network are essentially PROVING that Brady and company HAD to know that the balls weren't right and that Brady is a bald-faced liar when he says that he thought the balls were "perfect" (all deflated ball jokes aside).

If anything else, this is why Seattle MUST win.

The integrity of the game is at stake.

I'm fine hating on teams for any number of reasons.

But cheating is simply UNACCEPTABLE. It cannot be tolerated.

At least if the Seahawks win, they will win by virtue of talent, scheme, effort and execution. There will NOT be any question of cheating or shenanigans.

I can live with that. Plus, it would feel good to know that we beat them once during the regular season...

rams2050

Starter
http://jeffschultz.blog.ajc.com/201...s-time-for-nfl-to-forfeit-games-for-cheaters/

Jeff Schultz
@jeffschultzajc
‘DeflateGate': It’s time for NFL to forfeit games for cheaters

New England defeated Indianapolis 45-7 in last week’s AFC championship game. It wouldn’t have mattered if all 12 football were properly inflated. The Patriots were going to win that game whether Tom Brady was throwing a beach ball or a cinder block.

But the Patriots are proven cheaters, going back to “Spygate” days. They’ve have already been fined and lost draft picks for past offenses and the assumption is the NFL will do the same thing here. But if the NFL suspends players for several games when they test positive for performance enhancing drugs, in the belief that it gives the players a competitive advantage, shouldn’t the same policy be in place for obvious incidents of cheating?

I’m not saying the Patriots win over the Colts should be vacated. But I am saying that’s what needs to happen in the future.

It appears New England coach Bill Belichick has been busted — again. (Getty Images)

A team video tapes another team’s coaches’ defensive signals to gain a competitive advantage. Appropriate league response: Forfeit a game.

A team doctors equipment so its offense can score more easily in a bad weather game: Appropriate league response: Forfeit the game.

At the very least, coaches should be subjected to suspension in cases like this. I’m sure New Orleans coach Asshole Face would like to chime in.

It shouldn’t take NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and his rule-makers to come up with a list of forfeit-worthy offenses. I’m sure any team that has played against the Patriots would be happy to help.

If Goodell is worried that the players already hate him, no worries. They’ll get behind this, as long as everybody still gets their paycheck. The 53 players on the Patriots’ roster may vote against forfeitures but the other 1,643 won’t.

ESPN reported that 11 of the 12 footballs used by New England in the AFC title game were under–inflated by two pounds per square inch according to NFL regulations. That can’t be a coincidence. And, yes, the fact that it’s the Patriots and they already have a rapsheet does make it worse.

If the NFL passed rules that stated certain forms of rules-skirting would result in forfeitures, there would be no surprises. It all would be in black and white.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I’m not saying the Patriots win over the Colts should be vacated.
I am. Otherwise you create the "Oh, we think they would have won anyway." precedent, and that's not something you can draw a line on.

Forfeit the games for cheating even if the cheating team won 200-0.