Austin Davis to Remain as QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Wheh...now I believe we might actually cream the Broncos!

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
D
I don't blame him but that's just what he said about Hill starting ("that's just the way it is") until he wasn't. So, who really knows but whatever Fisher is saying on Monday hasn't shown to necessarily be the reality on Sunday. Whoever plays with the ones this week in practice will be the guy.

It's funny that at the time (week 2) that Fish was saying Hill is starting and that's just the way it is that many Ram fans were clamoring for Davis. Now its vicey versy.

Don't you have a meeting with Singapore? ;)

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Yeah, I'm thinking I'm gonna keep the avatar for a while -- and see what happens.

I would LIKE it to become my permanent avatar. I hate to be one of those fair-weather fans who shrieks and screams at the first sign of adversity. Maybe AD CAN pull it off and do better in future games. I sincerely hope so.

I'll keep mine on FB then. :cool: (Don't know if you saw my comments in other thread.) Hell, I might just use it here...

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Why we don't run the ball more is beyond me. You got a road grade blocker with Greg Robinson playing at LT, don't put Davis in situations that will make him look bad. He has his own faults but Schotty called just as bad of a game with those head scratching pass attempts.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Why we don't run the ball more is beyond me. You got a road grade blocker with Greg Robinson playing at LT, don't put Davis in situations that will make him look bad. He has his own faults but Schotty called just as bad of a game with those head scratching pass attempts.
+1

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Fisher left the door open and being that the Rams play the Broncos next week I expect to see Shaun Hill staring the 2nd half and for the rest of the year barring injury or Davis rediscovers himself, but I'm planning on seeing Shaun Hill next week.

I have a Cold, Frosty, Busch Light in the fridge that says you don't. ;):cool:

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Here are and have always been my problems with Austin Davis:

1) Is a scheme OB in terms of reads.... unless you design a play for a specific receiver the ball is always late.
2) Is a deer in the headlights/ Will NOT stand in the pocket and take a hit too complete a pass
3)Below average (NFL) arm... can not grive the ball from right side hash to the left side sidelines or vice versus or throw a deep out our in without getting a receiver torched.

He is what he is.... a marginal 3rd QB. Kenum is a marginal backup (#2) at best.

Rams will put a 4th to 5th round tender on him. Anything higher is a dream.

Ram's, unless FIsher is too stubborn, will play Hill ( we wont here about it until game time) against Denver and the rest of the year.

Next year... Rams restructure Bradford for around $10 M/ year , draft a QB (will not be bad enough to draft one of the top 3 QBS) in rounds 2-5) and sign a QB early in off season (my preference - J Freeman)

Your defense and special teams are finally ballin.... and you continue to play a ineffective QB.... why/

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Go Austin Davis!! Surprise us by out shining the games best. He's a Ram gotta have faith.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I guess Fisher likes losing because Davis doesnt give them the best chance to win. Im tired of seeing the same crap from Davis every week!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Yep. And in those games he's demonstrated the ability to play good football.
I'd say decent football at best... and there are lots of reasons that no one is going to play their best at QB in this offense.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I guess Fisher likes losing because Davis doesnt give them the best chance to win. Im tired of seeing the same crap from Davis every week!

I can guarantee you that Fisher doesn't like losing. And you haven't been seeing the same thing from Davis every week only lately. In fact he's been so up and down that it's impossible to predict which AD will show up for each game.

For example:

vs TB - 22 for 29 for 235 yds with 0 TD's and 0 Int's for a 99.1 rating
vs Dal - 30 for 42 for 327 yds with 3 TD's and 2 Int's for a 98.0 rating
vs Phi - 29 for 49 for 375 yds with 3 TD's and 0 Int's for a rating of 103.7
vs SF - 21 for 32 for 236 yds with 1 TD and 1 Int for a rating of 65.2

We've seen what he's capable of but he's definitely been on a downward slide.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I can guarantee you that Fisher doesn't like losing. And you haven't been seeing the same thing from Davis every week only lately. In fact he's been so up and down that it's impossible to predict which AD will show up for each game.

For example:

True.. But just saying there's nothing wrong with letting a guy try and battle through his problems, especially if you're not in the playoff hunt.

Athos

Legend
Tanking for Mariota peeps. Just let Davis get more experience for the backup role he'll likely have next year.

But meh. Hill would be facing tough Ds the rest of the year anymore. No good situation.

Alan

Legend
yrba1 seeing things differently:
We did run it. The problem was that when we ran it we didn't do it well. One decent run. My problem isn't how often he runs it so much as when he runs it.

I'm not going to say anything more about his play calling but he, as you said, has some head scratchers.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion

For example:

Show me those same games and add both 1st and 2nd half ratings. (Not demanding you too, just ya know, if you can, please). That "same thing" you will see is Davis becoming routinely worse in the 2nd halves. I think it is pretty clear that this guy can not win football games. Our defense won both the Bucs and the 49ers games and Hekker put the Seahawks to bed late in the 4th. Proofs in the pudding for this young QB.

Alan

Legend
Jorgeh0605 not liking his clutch factor:
Show me those same games and add both 1st and 2nd half ratings. (Not demanding you too, just ya know, if you can, please). That "same thing" you will see is Davis becoming routinely worse in the 2nd halves.
And the Shegal game? The clutch 4th quarter 71 yard drive to win the Bucs game? The 72 yard and 80 yard drives in the 4th quarter against the Cowgirls?

Do you think that there's any validity to the thought that the other team learns our limited offensive scheme in the first half and makes adjustments at halftime to shut them down? Adjustments that we don't counter?

Or maybe the fact that the O-line we start each game with is rarely the one we field in the second half of games. An O-line who rarely plays as well in the second half, pass defense wise, as they do in the first half. When Davis is given time he often plays well.

I don't know exactly what the problem is and it could be a combination of those reasons and others but I don't agree with your premise.