As someone unimpressed with Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whatever flips everybody's pancakes is alright with me. I'm easy, and I also really think that people should be able to think what they want without the constructive criticism that probably should follow. It's that time of year, isn't it?

Cautiously optimistic is a phrase I have caught myself using more than a couple of times, but, if you really think about it, it's kind of a kickstand people use instead of the faith in moving forward. The believing there is a moving forward. I guess we use it to shield ourselves from actually spending that energy in getting behind whatever it could be in question to sit back and watch the inevitable unfold. There could be the "I told you so" aspect as well. So when the hammer drops, we all feel as if we spared ourselves from the obvious let down that we totally called before the event or events would lead us down the dark pathway where we would be standing at that particular time where we feel let down.

It's just a preseason game, but I am not cautiously optimistic about these Rams. We are moving forward. We are already miles away from where we were on the offensive side of the ball. They have taken the steps to give Goff almost everything he needs to succeed with the resources they had at their disposal. This organization is different than it was last year and Goff will be better because of it. I know this to be true.

Will Goff ever be a viable number one pick in the draft? Will he be the franchise player everybody involved at the time thought he was going to be? I believe that he can thrive and get better, but it will take a little more time. I'm patient, not guarded, and I am willing to watch this thing unfold believing that we have our guy. If someone wants to tell me they told me so, I'll understand, but my guess is they will not be feeling any better about it than me.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm not able to watch pre-season but I did re-up for The Ticket.

Based on some of the clips I've seen in this thread, not just Goff... the entire offense looks twice as effective.

Yeah, it's pre-season and these are the "highlights"... but under Fisher? There was maybe one "highlight".

Cautiously optimistic that this coaching staff has what it takes to get the most out of Goff, and the rest of the offense.
Haha, set aside 8 seconds to watch the Fisher O highlight.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Preseason isn't a gauge for how a players NFL career will go. Like teams going 4-0 in the preseason and then going 1-15 when it counts.
Sammy Watson is a proven commodity.
Cooper Kupp is a "proving himself" commodity.

What does this have to do with whether it's preseason or whatever?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

read thru the entirety of this thread. You'll figure it out.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.

read thru the entirety of this thread. You'll figure it out.

My comment stands alone having nothing to do with the "entirety of this thread".

I hope YOU figure that out.

Sorry brotha can't help you,

Peace be with you.

Luckily for me, I didn't ask for your help and I don't need your help.

Peace be with you as well.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Luckily for me, I didn't ask for your help and I don't need your help.

Peace be with you as well.

200.webp

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck

I didn't even watch friends but I always had the hots for Lisa Kudrow.

When I was flipping through the channels I always pause on her scenes. :D