As someone unimpressed with Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-rams-qb-jared-goff-impresses-in-second-game-of-preseason

IMG_8554.PNG-copy-768x432.jpg

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
True he hasn't faced any adversity yet... and that will be the test... but at least our talent level now on offense and our offensive system are now in the same ball part as Dallas and Philly. ..
I think last year had plenty adversity. Being coached by people who had no business coaching him in a system that was a "middle school offense" with only a couple people who could catch the ball and a putrid offensive line who had a better chance of getting a penalty/allowing a defender to hit him than give him time in the pocket. Not to mention every person outside of the Rams organization and Rams fan base calling him a bust. No QB last year had it as bad as Goff did.

I do get your point though. The real test will come when the regular season starts and all teams are going balls to the wall for 60 minutes with the starters.

Last edited:

UtahRam

Rookie
How could anyone have rational opinions about any of our recent past QBs (Bradford, Clemens, Davis, Foles, Keenum, etc.) and now Goff, when they were propped behind porous O-Lines and surrounded with limited talent to work with?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He showed his above average arm talent, and accuracy. He also showed that he throws well on the run, even if he has to reset. Some of his play-action passes were phenomenal. Besides the offense improving, in just about every way, you can really see Goff's massive improvements in all aspects, especially fundamentals.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I would argue there is no such thing in pro football.
And if there is, isn't that kind of the goal? What OC is going to be like, "Hey, you're a talented QB, so I'm going to make every throw hard as freak so that you have to do all kinds of extra work got the same result as everyone else. Or worse."?

Rob Boras. Sorry. Answered my own question.

Zero

Pro Bowler
The one thing that made me want Goff over Wentz was his pocket awareness and ability to get out of the pocket and still make plays in college. He was a master of that at Cal and he ran for his life often from all the tape I watched. Now that he is in an nfl offense and has good teachers around him i think we'll start to see the game slow down for him a bit which will let his natural instincts take over in the pocket. McVay is going to make this kid a star.
Always liked Goff over Wentz. Like you I really liked his awesome pocket presence and excellent feet.
What put it over the top was his 0-25 yard accuracy.he seemed have a great feel for
ball placement and timing which ties into his phenomenal red zone efficiency.
I know he still has a ways to go ,but everything from his dedication,being surrounded
with playmakers and great coaching are in place.Don't see this going anywhere but up.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I think Goff's big Test will come next week, vs the Chargers, they have a good "D" and have scrimmaged against us twice and it will be for L.A. Bragging Right's!(y):D
What's up Big Dave! Haven't spoke to you in a little bit.
Lookin like the arrow is pointing in the right direction,huh?
What did you think about the Raider game?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I said yesterday, biggest game of goff's life....why....the Raiders are a defense he HAS to shred....for me at least. But

too soon my man...but....BUT finally headed in the right direction...I wanna see a real DEFENSE...like AZ...or...those damn seahawks....
exactly....but baby steps are always better than crawling....I right there/here with you...too soon but damn encouraging.

OH crap...FORGOT YOUR POINT....AHAHAHAH... give me a sec. oh yeah
It was ED, Gurley...and that putrid:puke: offense that got the ball rolling...Gurley saved us....middle school offense saved my life....think the song....last night a DJ saved my life...that's what it was Soul Surfer....and so right, so ram!(y):yess:

It's a huge change to the whole organization. Patience with Aaron Donald. Can't wait to see him & Quinn together again.

Like I've been saying . The Big 5 (oL) are going to be a special group this season.

If you look on the sidelines you can see the leadership & how Goff keeps in tune with them. Copper Kupp is so mature for his age.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think I just got trapped in an eternal lust loop.:jerkoff:

To each his own. Seems like a little to much man love to me ? Goff finally got a little from the LA fans.

Dude even put on a Dodgers Jersey.

Zero

Pro Bowler
To each his own. Seems like a little to much man love to me ? Goff finally got a little from the LA fans.

Dude even put on a Dodgers Jersey.
Are you sure?Seems like just the right amount of man love to me.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What's up Big Dave! Haven't spoke to you in a little bit.
Lookin like the arrow is pointing in the right direction,huh?
What did you think about the Raider game?
I was on Vacation between the Dallas game and the Raider game. I planed to be Home a few Hours before game time, but we had an accident Half way home from Yosemite and got stuck in Delano!
I got home just before Half time so I missed the 1st half!! (y)Loved the second half and the come-back was a thing of beauty!!:D
I've seen a condensed version thanks to @LesBaker and the team looks GRREEAT!!!! :yess:
We are going to Clean-the-Chargers-Clock next week! Probably something like 34-17!
I'M PUMPED, GREAT NEW COACHING STAFF O-LINE LOOKS GREAT, MY KUPP RUNNETH OVER!:D

Zero

Pro Bowler
I was on Vacation between the Dallas game and the Raider game. I planed to be Home a few Hours before game time, but we had an accident Half way home from Yosemite and got stuck in Delano!
I got home just before Half time so I missed the 1st half!! (y)Loved the second half and the come-back was a thing of beauty!!:D
I've seen a condensed version thanks to @LesBaker and the team looks GRREEAT!!!! :yess:
We are going to Clean-the-Chargers-Clock next week! Probably something like 34-17!
I'M PUMPED, GREAT NEW COACHING STAFF O-LINE LOOKS GREAT, MY KUPP RUNNETH OVER!:D
Yes Sir,Brother.I am glad you guys made it back safe.
I knew you had to be stoked.Good to hear from you.
GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!