PREGAME Are the Stains any good?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
If the Rams had played the same schedule the Saints have they’d be at worst 10 and 4. That has got be be the weakest schedule in the league.
Agreed. The more I look at the saints the less im worried about them. Obviously not a game we can take lightly but the rams should handle business

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Both are strength of schedule and strength of victory are about a hundred points higher than the Saints. Out of their 14 games 4 teams have winning records. 8 teams we've played have winning records. If we had their schedule we'd likely be sitting at 9 or ten wins right now. This is a game we can win. No excuses. If you're a legit playoff team you gotta take care of business when you're supposed to.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If the Rams had played the same schedule the Saints have they’d be at worst 10 and 4. That has got be be the weakest schedule in the league.
Lol, I didn't see your post but that is pretty much what I'm thinking.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
They have the same record as us, but we could easily have two more wins if not for certain things. And no way they had as tough of a schedule as us so far.
Also, since the bye, we are playing very well.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
In most cases this year, the Rams play to the talent of the other team. Only exception was Cowboys. At the time the browns D was number 1 and they stomped them. They were sky high for the Ravens and played above all our expectations. They dominated Washington but was sloppy cause they just couldn't focus on them after the Ravens. I think the Rams are on a roll and beat the Saints by 13.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I'm not on-board with that way of thinking. The best teams have bad losses.
Dallas lost to the Cardinals, Philadelphia lost to the Jets, Detroit lost at home to the Bears
The difference is this, with so much riding on this game, if we can't beat them we don't deserve the playoffs. Those games were meaningless.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
The Saints have a really good roster IMO. Lots of talent in New Orleans.

But on the field, the Saints are a very beatable foe, far more so than their talent would suggest. We also get them at home, which is nice, because the Superdome can be a tough place to play.

We should beat the Saints IMO if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot and/or look past them, because:

• Dennis Allen is easily the worst head coach in the NFL, now that Staley has been fired by the Chargers.
  • Derek Carr has regressed significantly, he is a well below average starter, at least based on this year's form. The Rams have a huge QB advantage, especially with how locked in Stafford has been lately, and that usually translates to wins.
  • WR2 Michael Thomas is injured. Doubly beneficial as our small secondary struggles with big WRs.
  • WR1 Chris Olave might be unavailable for them as well. He sat out this Sunday and it is a short week for him to recover. Time will tell. if he does play, he may be gimpy.
  • Dennis Allen is absolutely awful. I realize I listed this already, because I cannot stress that enough. If they were in a better division/faced a tougher schedule, they would likely be 2 games or so under .500, thanks to that clown.
  • Unclear if their CB1 in Lattimore will be playing. He is on IR but I believe may be eligible to return on Thursday.
Should be a good game this Sunday, as the Saints are hungry and making a playoff push of their own. They can be very stout vs. the run at times which worries me and will be our biggest challenge. The Rams offense is night and day when Kyren is able to run.

I do think we win by 7+ though.

GO RAMS!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I'm glad Tutu will be available in this game. I feel like he may be in the cards Thursday.... Not sure why, but I do.

oldnotdead

Legend
Our weakness seems to be opponents' WRs running free for deep balls.

A lot of that is DK being beaten by double moves. Bench DK, at least Durant has 4.3 speed to run them down if they get by him. DK is fucking slow and is toast. Which is why he's always grabbing the WRs. He's probably the slowest CB in the NFL. Hell I'd rather see Lake playing CB at least he has coverage skills lacking in DK.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
OFFENSE
Scoring: Saints 22.1 ppg (12th) Rams 23.4 (9th)
Passer Rating: Saints 92.5 (14th) Rams 90.9 (16th)
Yards per Rush: Saints 3.7 (29th) Rams 4.4 (8th)
Third Down: Saints 38.27% (17th) Rams 41.88% (10th)
Redzone (TD): Saints 52% (21st) Rams 60.47% (10th)

DEFENSE
Scoring: Saints 19.1 ppg (6th) Rams 22.1 (19th)
Passer Rating: Saints 74.4 (2nd) Rams 86.2 (13th)
Pressure %: Saints 19.2% (24th) Rams 18.2% (28th)
Yards per Rush: Saints 4.5 (27th) Rams 4.2 (15th)
Third down: Saints 34.87% (4th) Rams 38.22% (16th)
Redzone (TD): Saints 52.63% (13th) Rams 52.38% (12th)

This game looks like a real coin flip to me. Both teams have been very inconsistent. Rams are stronger on offense, Saints stronger on defense. Rams have a QB in top form right now, Saints have consistently made QBs look shit.

Advantage I see for the Rams is that the Saints don't have the pressure front type that gives the Rams fits. That Pressure % stat is a combined stat that includes hurries, knockdowns, sacks, which I like because it shows overall physicality to some extent. Some defenses are just nasty and harder to play against from that perspective for the QB. Saints defense is not like that. That stat also btw showed the Ravens were not like that (they were also bottom third). So for matchup purposes I think the Rams OL will do a good job overall, they should have advantage in run and pass.

Advantage for the Saints is that like the Ravens they're quite good on the back end, disciplined and hard on QBs. That might negate this roll Stafford is on to some extent. Also on offense they have a WR (Olave) that I think is dangerous though he's been hurt. QB is not an advantage for them typically but he is coming off a strong outing and is streakier than Stafford in bad ways but if we get the good version we're in a shootout. Kamara is noteworthy in that he's still gonna get his hundred yards split between pass and run, and he's not the guy he used to be but can still hurt you.

Overall just like I said with the Ravens this is a tough matchup for Stafford. He'll have to be sharp for us to get the dub. Defensively I think the Saints are a lot different without Olave, so a lot probably hangs on whether he's up. But I would expect us to put good pressure on them on offense, and then sit back and wait for their QB to fuck up, as a gameplan. Definitely a winnable game but this is going to feel like a playoff game. Saints are gonna be tough.
Those stats are all against a pretty light schedule on the Saints side

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Our guys are much more young than stupid. It's a must win and they know that because every game is must win until the NFL tells us "you've qualified". When you're .500 and it's taken 8 games just to get there...again....there are no trap games (okay, maybe Carolina but they're not on our schedule). They know what's in front of them and they know they made Sunday's game closer than it should have been. They know they need 100% focus and 100% effort against ANY NFL team. As McVay always says, "be your best when your best is required". It's required.

Don't disagree with your post but the Rams were at .500 (6-6) eight days ago before the Ravens' game.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OFFENSE
Scoring: Saints 22.1 ppg (12th) Rams 23.4 (9th)
Passer Rating: Saints 92.5 (14th) Rams 90.9 (16th)
Yards per Rush: Saints 3.7 (29th) Rams 4.4 (8th)
Third Down: Saints 38.27% (17th) Rams 41.88% (10th)
Redzone (TD): Saints 52% (21st) Rams 60.47% (10th)

DEFENSE
Scoring: Saints 19.1 ppg (6th) Rams 22.1 (19th)
Passer Rating: Saints 74.4 (2nd) Rams 86.2 (13th)
Pressure %: Saints 19.2% (24th) Rams 18.2% (28th)
Yards per Rush: Saints 4.5 (27th) Rams 4.2 (15th)
Third down: Saints 34.87% (4th) Rams 38.22% (16th)
Redzone (TD): Saints 52.63% (13th) Rams 52.38% (12th)

This game looks like a real coin flip to me. Both teams have been very inconsistent. Rams are stronger on offense, Saints stronger on defense. Rams have a QB in top form right now, Saints have consistently made QBs look shit.

Advantage I see for the Rams is that the Saints don't have the pressure front type that gives the Rams fits. That Pressure % stat is a combined stat that includes hurries, knockdowns, sacks, which I like because it shows overall physicality to some extent. Some defenses are just nasty and harder to play against from that perspective for the QB. Saints defense is not like that. That stat also btw showed the Ravens were not like that (they were also bottom third). So for matchup purposes I think the Rams OL will do a good job overall, they should have advantage in run and pass.

Advantage for the Saints is that like the Ravens they're quite good on the back end, disciplined and hard on QBs. That might negate this roll Stafford is on to some extent. Also on offense they have a WR (Olave) that I think is dangerous though he's been hurt. QB is not an advantage for them typically but he is coming off a strong outing and is streakier than Stafford in bad ways but if we get the good version we're in a shootout. Kamara is noteworthy in that he's still gonna get his hundred yards split between pass and run, and he's not the guy he used to be but can still hurt you.

Overall just like I said with the Ravens this is a tough matchup for Stafford. He'll have to be sharp for us to get the dub. Defensively I think the Saints are a lot different without Olave, so a lot probably hangs on whether he's up. But I would expect us to put good pressure on them on offense, and then sit back and wait for their QB to fuck up, as a gameplan. Definitely a winnable game but this is going to feel like a playoff game. Saints are gonna be tough.

That Saints run defense though......identical to the Washington d that we just shredded.

That pass d looks elite, but this QB schedule.......

Tannehil
Bryce Young
Jordan Love
Baker
Mac Jones
CJ Stroud
Lawrence
Minshew
Fields
Dobbs
Ridder
Goff
Bryce Young
Devito

This has to be an NFL record. After Stafford its Baker and Ridder again.

The three competent NFL QBs put up 20/31/33 points and the Saints lost all three games (Texans/Jags/Lions). How they have a bad run defense with those passing game "threats" is wild.

Stafford is likely the best QB on this schedule, and our run game may be the best they played.

Now it's Thursday and their offense has talent even if they haven't performed, so I'm a little worried.

But that QB schedule is something else

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
This game cannot be categorized as a trap game as 1) its a must win for the Rams/no looking ahead and 2) the Saints are playing as good or better than the Rams/ requiring an ‘A’ input effort and an A’ results outcome.
I agree, I just feel like alot of the fan base is looking past this game, as well as NY. Feels like our first playoff game against the Falcons in 17', where alot of fans got an unpleasant awakening bc they overlooked the Falcons.