PREGAME Are the Stains any good?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
was just looking at their schedule and it is Charmin soft....I know we'll get a gameday thread going soon but I'm bored...

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I don't like this game bc its a short week and I feel like we gave so much in that Ravens game. I still feel like we can sqweek out a win, but it has that classic trap game feels.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
OFFENSE
Scoring: Saints 22.1 ppg (12th) Rams 23.4 (9th)
Passer Rating: Saints 92.5 (14th) Rams 90.9 (16th)
Yards per Rush: Saints 3.7 (29th) Rams 4.4 (8th)
Third Down: Saints 38.27% (17th) Rams 41.88% (10th)
Redzone (TD): Saints 52% (21st) Rams 60.47% (10th)

DEFENSE
Scoring: Saints 19.1 ppg (6th) Rams 22.1 (19th)
Passer Rating: Saints 74.4 (2nd) Rams 86.2 (13th)
Pressure %: Saints 19.2% (24th) Rams 18.2% (28th)
Yards per Rush: Saints 4.5 (27th) Rams 4.2 (15th)
Third down: Saints 34.87% (4th) Rams 38.22% (16th)
Redzone (TD): Saints 52.63% (13th) Rams 52.38% (12th)

This game looks like a real coin flip to me. Both teams have been very inconsistent. Rams are stronger on offense, Saints stronger on defense. Rams have a QB in top form right now, Saints have consistently made QBs look shit.

Advantage I see for the Rams is that the Saints don't have the pressure front type that gives the Rams fits. That Pressure % stat is a combined stat that includes hurries, knockdowns, sacks, which I like because it shows overall physicality to some extent. Some defenses are just nasty and harder to play against from that perspective for the QB. Saints defense is not like that. That stat also btw showed the Ravens were not like that (they were also bottom third). So for matchup purposes I think the Rams OL will do a good job overall, they should have advantage in run and pass.

Advantage for the Saints is that like the Ravens they're quite good on the back end, disciplined and hard on QBs. That might negate this roll Stafford is on to some extent. Also on offense they have a WR (Olave) that I think is dangerous though he's been hurt. QB is not an advantage for them typically but he is coming off a strong outing and is streakier than Stafford in bad ways but if we get the good version we're in a shootout. Kamara is noteworthy in that he's still gonna get his hundred yards split between pass and run, and he's not the guy he used to be but can still hurt you.

Overall just like I said with the Ravens this is a tough matchup for Stafford. He'll have to be sharp for us to get the dub. Defensively I think the Saints are a lot different without Olave, so a lot probably hangs on whether he's up. But I would expect us to put good pressure on them on offense, and then sit back and wait for their QB to fuck up, as a gameplan. Definitely a winnable game but this is going to feel like a playoff game. Saints are gonna be tough.

InfiniteRam

Rookie
I don't like this game bc its a short week and I feel like we gave so much in that Ravens game. I still feel like we can sqweek out a win, but it has that classic trap game feels.
Both teams are playing on a short week so not sure is relevant

TexasRam

Legend
This game has me worried.

The Saints are almost fully healthy now with the exception of RT Ramczyk and maybe WR Olave. But Kamara has come on strong and their defense is causing problems.

We have played tough teams well, Niners, Eagles and Ravens. So we have the ability to beat them and we are at home.

I hate to think this comes down to the kicking game. That is a scary thought.

This will be a playoff atmosphere game. Time to show we are a force and deserve that ticket.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OFFENSE
Scoring: Saints 22.1 ppg (12th) Rams 23.4 (9th)
Passer Rating: Saints 92.5 (14th) Rams 90.9 (16th)
Yards per Rush: Saints 3.7 (29th) Rams 4.4 (8th)
Third Down: Saints 38.27% (17th) Rams 41.88% (10th)
Redzone (TD): Saints 52% (21st) Rams 60.47% (10th)

DEFENSE
Scoring: Saints 19.1 ppg (6th) Rams 22.1 (19th)
Passer Rating: Saints 74.4 (2nd) Rams 86.2 (13th)
Pressure %: Saints 19.2% (24th) Rams 18.2% (28th)
Yards per Rush: Saints 4.5 (27th) Rams 4.2 (15th)
Third down: Saints 34.87% (4th) Rams 38.22% (16th)
Redzone (TD): Saints 52.63% (13th) Rams 52.38% (12th)

This game looks like a real coin flip to me. Both teams have been very inconsistent. Rams are stronger on offense, Saints stronger on defense. Rams have a QB in top form right now, Saints have consistently made QBs look shit.

Advantage I see for the Rams is that the Saints don't have the pressure front type that gives the Rams fits. That Pressure % stat is a combined stat that includes hurries, knockdowns, sacks, which I like because it shows overall physicality to some extent. Some defenses are just nasty and harder to play against from that perspective for the QB. Saints defense is not like that. That stat also btw showed the Ravens were not like that (they were also bottom third). So for matchup purposes I think the Rams OL will do a good job overall, they should have advantage in run and pass.

Advantage for the Saints is that like the Ravens they're quite good on the back end, disciplined and hard on QBs. That might negate this roll Stafford is on to some extent. Also on offense they have a WR (Olave) that I think is dangerous though he's been hurt. QB is not an advantage for them typically but he is coming off a strong outing and is streakier than Stafford in bad ways but if we get the good version we're in a shootout. Kamara is noteworthy in that he's still gonna get his hundred yards split between pass and run, and he's not the guy he used to be but can still hurt you.

Overall just like I said with the Ravens this is a tough matchup for Stafford. He'll have to be sharp for us to get the dub. Defensively I think the Saints are a lot different without Olave, so a lot probably hangs on whether he's up. But I would expect us to put good pressure on them on offense, and then sit back and wait for their QB to fuck up, as a gameplan. Definitely a winnable game but this is going to feel like a playoff game. Saints are gonna be tough.
But the Saints suck! Mark it as a dub right now. Ask Loyal, you questioning bastid! ~ @El Chapo Jr !

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
They have one day extra. Played on Saturday.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
If we can't beat the Aints we don't deserve to make the playoffs IMO. NO is obviously in a rebuilding phase and have a lot of holes especially on Offense. Their Defense is pretty good but as others have pointed out they have had a fairly easy schedule. The Rams playing at home is big on a short week so there's that. But the Rams should be able to handle business against a very average team.

dang

Legend
This game cannot be categorized as a trap game as 1) its a must win for the Rams/no looking ahead and 2) the Saints are playing as good or better than the Rams/ requiring an ‘A’ input effort and an A’ results outcome.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
This is a "tougher" must win game, but I'm sure we all were probably more concerned playing Cleveland.

EDIT: They are 2-2 since their bye with wins against the Panthers and Giants, and losses against Atlanta and Detroit. C'mon now, our team is hotter right now.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Id like to see Stats on the last 5 weeks of play between both teams. I think it would show a very different tale.

However, as I pointed out in another thread the aints are an average team who's played a very easy schedule thus far. The Rams should win at home, but we can't make the same mistakes we made against Washington. I'm just hoping this game doesn't come down to a FG.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Mods didn't see the other thread merge plz! :clinkingbeer:

Ellard80

Legend
It's the NFL anything can happen.

The Jets beat the Eagles... the Cardinals crushed the Cowboys.

We better be ready to play - all of these games are really mini=playoff games down the stretch.

oldnotdead

Legend
The big issue for the Saints IMO is they have never had to face a WR corps like the Rams have in Kupp, Nacua, Robinson and Atwell. They have a good pass rush but no better than the Rams haven't already faced. The Rams faced a better defense and offense in Baltimore and went toe to toe with them hanging a 30 burger on them. Make no mistake this offense is fucking dangerous and the Saints know it.

If they simply bench DK that solves a huge problem. The entire NFL knows that a double move by a fast WR beats him every fucking time. IMO the Saints OL isn't as good in pass protection as the Ram OL. Other than Olave who do the Saints have at WR? Carr has to dink and dunk his way down the field taking occasional shots downfield if the secondary gets sloppy.

If the Rams make this a shootout the Saints lose with or without Olave playing.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
This might be the toughest remaining game on the Rams schedule considering the niners will probably be resting their starters during the last game.