Aaron Donald status next season up in the air?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I really enjoy Jourdan's writing. So much so that I subscribe to the Athletic just for her articles. Her podcast, however, is pretty much nails on a chalkboard to me. I have tried repeatedly to digest it, but I just can't stand her delivery and I think she talks herself into some fuzzy territory.

Maybe she is just trying to fill time, but it does get a bit too speculative..... Which is fine to a degree, but obviously leads to backlash like we see here. I just don't know how some of you listen to those podcasts religiously. I...... I just don't.

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
But… I have my opinion on the matter.

And.. feel free to take your own direction.
Again.. feel free to take your own direction.

I’m laughing.. so that’s pretty chill.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I really enjoy Jourdan's writing. So much so that I subscribe to the Athletic just for her articles. Her podcast, however, is pretty much nails on a chalkboard to me. I have tried repeatedly to digest it, but I just can't stand her delivery and I think she talks herself into some fuzzy territory.

Maybe she is just trying to fill time, but it does get a bit too speculative..... Which is fine to a degree, but obviously leads to backlash like we see here. I just don't know how some of you listen to those podcasts religiously. I...... I just don't.
See.. I think all that is completely fine..
I’d take qualms with the speculation part in regards to this issue.. because she sets it up.. conversations with others from around the NFL who are watching that situation.

But.. not liking her? Sure. We all have different tastes… JBs delivery bothers me.

I just think calling her a shit stirrer or someone being “clickbait” is out of line and not reflective of her work.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Why every year does someone twist a non-story into a story about Aaron possibly retiring and then everyone running with it as if it is a fact even though Aaron himself has already been quoted as saying that he is returning next year? Sheesh!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Speculating? We're gonna get upset with speculating? About Aaron Donald? We don't need Jourdan's podcast to speculate. We've speculated about.......Aaron Donald retiring. Stafford being either unable to play or retiring because his wife wants him to retire. We've speculated about McVay retiring.....that booth money is pretty good!!! We've speculated about Raheem Morris. We've speculated about a lot of things, some I haven't mentioned or remembered. But we're gonna get upset with Jourdan because she's speculating?

"Only I can talk shit about my boy!!!"

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Speculating? We're gonna get upset with speculating? About Aaron Donald? We don't need Jourdan's podcast to speculate. We've speculated about.......Aaron Donald retiring. Stafford being either unable to play or retiring because his wife wants him to retire. We've speculated about McVay retiring.....that booth money is pretty good!!! We've speculated about Raheem Morris. We've speculated about a lot of things, some I haven't mentioned or remembered. But we're gonna get upset with Jourdan because she's speculating?

"Only I can talk shit about my boy!!!"
You talking about PRACTICE?!?

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
I think Jourdan is a pain in the ass. And judging from his reaction to her questions I think McVay feels the same way. Just another clickbait article to fill the dead time in between seasons. If AD plans on retiring I think Jourdan Rodriguez will be the LAST person to know about it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why every year does someone twist a non-story into a story about Aaron possibly retiring and then everyone running with it as if it is a fact even though Aaron himself has already been quoted as saying that he is returning next year? Sheesh!
Doubter!

Psycho_X

Legend
Just another clickbait article to fill the dead time in between seasons.
There is no article. Just informal chatting on a podcast. And Jourdan is regularly first in the know about most of the things the Rams do and I'd bet has more knowledge about the team and what they do than anyone else in the world short of those on the Rams payroll. Her actual articles are generally on point and offer insights we'd never get otherwise.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
See.. I think all that is completely fine..
I’d take qualms with the speculation part in regards to this issue.. because she sets it up.. conversations with others from around the NFL who are watching that situation.

But.. not liking her? Sure. We all have different tastes… JBs delivery bothers me.

I just think calling her a shit stirrer or someone being “clickbait” is out of line and not reflective of her work.
Well my original reference to clickbait was about this thread, not what Jourdan said. So…..,

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only one that doesn't talk about Aaron Donald retiring is Aaron Donald.

Ram65

Legend
Why would he want to retire or play elsewhere?

I don't think AD wants to retire. He is too competitive to stop at this point. Players always want more money. This year is setting up for a solid Rams playoff run.

Why would he want to retire or play elsewhere?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I like her podcast. It gets a bit wordy but she’s delivers more accurate information on the Rams than anybody else does. In hindsight nearly everything she says ends up being accurate.

Now her guests? I don’t like Hammond. It takes him 3 minutes to say nothing. Stu doesn’t offer much either.

For general football podcasts: Nate Tice and PFF are good for the NFL. They aren’t the most entertaining though. (In PFFs draft reviews last May, they loved the Rams draft, they seem to know what they are talking about)

I like both of the Yahoo sports podcasts on the NFL and NCAA. They joke around a bit more and are more entertaining.

I work alone, mostly outdoors, and in the winter I’m home alone during the day, so they all help the time pass.

dang

Legend
AD said he’s coming back when the season ended. I hate how this drama gets stirred up every year.
There’s a message though. Get AD some gd help and keep Stafford f-ing upright. We got them both for likely 2-3 more seasons. Take advantage of it!!!

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There’s a message though. Get AD some gd help and keep Stafford f-ing upright. We got them both for likely 2-3 more seasons. Take advantage of it!!!
Agree completely. McSnead is "all in" this year and next.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Geeez dudes just look at Donald's contract!! This is his last year. The other years are void years!! After the Super Bowl he basically said when he's done being a Ram he's done. He will retire a Ram and enjoy his money and family.

IMO the same thing can be said about Stafford, and when he retires so will Kupp. I see all three guys gone in 2025.
Well that settles it. Now we know the big 3 will be around for at least two more years.