Aaron Donald status next season up in the air?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
From the Jordan's reporting on presser with Snead:

"On Wednesday, Snead was a little more gray, though he also indicated the team is giving Donald his usual space following the football season. “Definitely hope Aaron is … I know Aaron is definitely approaching the offseason where he’s doing his normal getting-away, somewhat trying to get revitalized with the goal of playing good football,” Snead said."

Jourdan on the pod today says don't freak out but situation needs to be monitored about Donald. She says at combine lots of chatter from other teams about what's gonna happen with Donald. Could he retire, does he want more money on back end of contract? She reminded everyone he has a no trade clause but that all that means is that he needs to approve it. She reports McVay and Snead less clear about his status recently. She wonders about Eric Henderson leaving. Says she doesn't know what's gonna happen but lots of chatter, lots of teams asking at combine about Donald's status and what it means for Rams allocation of salary cap. Also mentions Snead tone having shifted from beginning of offseason about Donald being around.

I'm sure people are gonna get a bit nuts over this so just suggest you listen to 11 Personnel Pod.

Jourdan's not a chicken little...

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmmm…

I thought Jourdan was better than that.

My mistake.
I may not be doing a good job sharing what she said, I think she was just trying to report two things, all the teams asking about Donald's status and the change in tone of McVay and Snead. She did say that all this speculation would go away with a word from Donald.

I suggest people listen to the Pod to hear what she said. I thought it was reasonable reporting of things to keep an eye on.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Also, this is absolutely pure speculation from me... but I think she's gonna be gone soon and graduate from the Rams beat to something more national.

Last edited:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I may not be doing a good job sharing what she said, I think she was just trying to report two things, all the teams asking about Donald's status and the change in tone of McVay and Snead. She did say that all this speculation would go away with a word from Donald.

I suggest people listen to the Pod to hear what she said. I thought it was reasonable reporting of things to keep an eye on.
I don’t have a problem with you sharing what she said.

I do have a problem with a beat writer who I believed to be someone with journalistic standards indulging in shit stirring.

WestCoastRam

Legend

I do have a problem with a beat writer who I believed to be someone with journalistic standards indulging in shit stirring.
Well, maybe it's the way I said it! Go listen to the pod. Maybe it is shit stirring but she's earned enough cred with me that I think it's exactly what she mentioned, something bearing watching.

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Hmmm…

I thought Jourdan was better than that.

My mistake.
She’s not a clickbait reporter. If she says it, it’s based on real conversations. She puts in the work.

Much like what we eventually learned about McVay that she alluded to in 22.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

She’s not.

Just because you don’t like the reporting doesn’t mean it’s not sourced or genuine.

She also contextualizes her info.

But you’d have to actually listen to get that.. as opposed to knee-jerking it.

oldnotdead

Legend
He's been year to year since the Super Bowl. I think this will be his last year by contract structure. He will play this year because it will give him an additional $15M. After this year it's basically void years. He could tell from last year he will have a legit shot at a second ring.

This year's draft will be about life after Stafford, Kupp and Donald. Puka is the new Kupp and Turner is a worthy successor to Donald. That's why I see them drafting at least 2 WRs and a QB1 this year. It's why I think their first 4 picks will include QB, CB, LT, Edge or WR.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
She’s not.

Just because you don’t like the reporting doesn’t mean it’s not sourced or genuine.

She also contextualizes her info.

But you’d have to actually listen to get that.. as opposed to knee-jerking it.
She know exactly how fans (and bloggers) will react to this “report.” She’s the one who previously reported that Donald himself said he was “for sure” coming back, and now she’s casting doubt.

If Donald says something different, I’ll worry about it then.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think some are underestimating AD's impact, even in 2024. No one replaces what he can do. Kobie Turner is OK, but he will never be Aaron Freakin' Donald. Any success that others had on the Dline is a direct result of the attention he receives. He is one of one. Having said that, if the guy wants to retire then I am all for it. He's given us all the opportunity and pleasure to witness his greatness.

I want you back AD in 2024, but if you wanna go then go and be happy.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Kobie Turner is OK, but he will never be Aaron Freakin' Donald.
Exactly.

Nobody will ever replace Aaron Donald, because he is one of a kind. All we can hope for is to build an outstanding defensive front with seven players who all contribute in their own way. But you can never replace one of the greatest players, in any position, of all time.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame

Winter Olympics Sport GIF by Team USA

Hey, SOMEone's gotta keep it going since Lindsey left.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think if Donald were retiring he'd let the Rams know before a week before free agency. The whole defense is kinda made in his identity lol

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh goodie the annual baseless worry about AD week. And for the record we'll miss Jourdan when she moves up in the world, I don't think she did anything wrong here or has any of the other times people shit on her for no reason. Just my opinion obviously.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Oh goodie the annual baseless worry about AD week. And for the record we'll miss Jourdan when she moves up in the world, I don't think she did anything wrong here or has any of the other times people shit on her for no reason. Just my opinion obviously.
I generally like Jourdan. I just don’t agree with what she is doing right now.

dang

Legend
I think if Donald were retiring he'd let the Rams know before a week before free agency. The whole defense is kinda made in his identity lol
Yeah. There is nothing but respect between Donald and McVay. So 100% chance that Donald’s decision has already been made and communicated with McVay.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Reporting? It's kind of her job
If you want to pretend that this “report” (consisting of “chatter” and “tone”) wasn’t intended to foment concern among Rams fans (notwithstanding the fact that there is nothing new from Donald himself), that’s your prerogative. No need to respond with snide sarcasm to those who react differently.